Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By SonofSamhain

To me, 'The Legend of Korra' is one of the most beautifully executed shows of this generation; on par with the series that preceded it, Avatar: the Last Airbender. Mature themes of inner struggles with one's identity, spirituality, etc. Multi-layered, thought provoking story lines that echo back to a time when American animation took risks that are still paying off decades later (X-Men & Batman the Animated series anyone?)
What are your thoughts on the 'Korra' series finale?

Here's an excellent Vanity Fair article that sums up the show's impact. [Caution: Avoid if you have not seen the finale]

http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/ ... -gay-asami
By pyhasanon
Nope... was "forced" to watch it by my shipmates on my last deployment, not only did I not like it, I thought it was absolutely terrible... in my opinion, it's an anime wannabe who never got it right... it even tries to mimic anime style slapstick, and it just comes off as awkward, and action is generic, with a storyline that's unimaginative... again, all just my opinion...
By Tyrael
Having been a fan of anime for the last 20 years, I like it for what it is: inspired by, but not directly ripping off, anime. It brings plenty of story to the table and, while a little "soap opera"-y far too often, its other storylines make up for it.

Avatar was still better amd had better characters, though.

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Hey guys I've been doing some updating and adding […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]