Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
Saturday was the Hollywood to Havering event at Bower Park School in Romford, Essex, where an interest in having various characters from different sci fi backgrounds in attendance had been expressed, and was taken up by the Doctor... three of him, in fact... and Amy Pond.

In attendance was Robert Monk, playing 11, Lisa Baxter as Amy...

...Carl, and of course, yours truely:

Of course, we weren't the only costuming mob. One of the TV car replica owners sported the neccesary threads of one Delboy Trotter, a must whenever parading the trademark yellow Robin Reliant. In addition, there was the Stig from Top Gear, a group of RAF costumers for a Battle of Britain display and a couple of Star Wars costumers. There'll be a little bit more on those groups in a bit.

Are we dealing with a Slitheen skin, or a Nestene Duplicate?

During the course of the day we were invited to stop by the school gym in order to record a small spot for some kind of mini-documentary, being filmed by the BBC. Amongst paraphernalia from the BBC's various publications, was a large poster for Doctor Who Magazine, which presented itself as an excellent backdrop:

Also on site was the prop Hurrican from the film, The Battle of Britain, which is best known from the scene with Robert Shaw addressing the pilots as they ready for battle.

Which for photo ops, members of the public are allowed to clamber onto a section of the wing of:

Attached to the Battle of Britain exhibition were a pair of customised Smart Cars, the Messerschmardt:

And the Smartfire:

Without having a TARDIS on location, we had to improvise with another time machine:

And the Delorean was just one of several wonderful movie and period vehicles that'd been on show:

As the day wound on, it was time to take a quick breather... although not before finding the next best thing to the TARDIS wardrobe:

Where our 11 decided to see if he'd found a replacement headpiece to his lost Fez:

Another of the vintage vehicles from the day, an excellent wartime-era Jeep with crew:

As the day wound on further, and with a sadly non-existant crowd leaving us with few opportunities to interact and act, we began to let our hair down a bit.

Not to say we didn't get some nice shots of the replica Hurrican...

Nor that we didn't have a good laugh with the Star Wars costumers:

Despite the disappointing crowds, the day had provided plenty of great memories and interaction with the various enthusiasts. One such example were the photos taken by the Their Finest Hour team running the Battle of Britain exhibit, who provided me with the day's main "cast photo":

Not to mention getting to see and post with a great variety of movie car replicas:

And of course, do a bit of investigating:

There'd also been the opportunity to get another group photo, this time with the Hollywood trimmings befitting of the event name.

All in all, a very enjoyable day despite the disappointments... and I'm glad I've had the opportunity to getthe costume out and about now that it's finished, and things will only get better once the knitted pullover arrives. The only way it could have been better is if we'd had an Ace costumer, as Robert remarked that the school could've given use even more scenes to reenact from Rememberance of the Daleks.

Photos marked with an asterisk come from the collection of Robert Monk.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]