Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By Mr. D.
AJ Quick wrote:
They aren't going to release new DVDs.

Yeah. God forbid. Make everyone buy something that's no better then a DVD player.
By AJ Quick
Mr. D. wrote:Yeah. God forbid. Make everyone buy something that's no better then a DVD player.
You'll just find anything to argue about.

DVD @ 480P vs. Bluray @ 1080P.

Is 5 times the quality, and has 5 times the storage capacity.
By dmolson89
AJ Quick wrote:
Mr. D. wrote:Yeah. God forbid. Make everyone buy something that's no better then a DVD player.

not to mention far less compression on the audio and the video therefore making both able to be presented at their highest quality!
AJ Quick liked this
By cowbybill
AJ Quick wrote:

Not only what AJ said, but Blu ray players have dropped in price so much you can pick a good one up for less than 200.00.
By Mr. D.
cowbybill wrote:
Not only what AJ said, but Blu ray players have dropped in price so much you can pick a good one up for less than 200.00.

Blu ray player - $200.00

DVD player - $50.00

Blu Ray movie - $20.00 - $45.00

DVD movie - $5.00 - $15.00

Humm... I think I will stick with DVD that also comes in HD quality.
By cowbybill
Here's a quick comparison of the 2005 DVD to the Blu Ray from spook central the entire article is here:
http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/ ... ompare.htm

Here's the 2005 dvd screen shot:

and here's the Blu Ray:

Also if you Check the screen shots that AJ has done http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters/screen-caps/ from the Blu Ray you can see quite a difference in picture quality between DVD and Blu Ray.
AJ Quick liked this
By Mr. D.
AJ Quick wrote:They don't make DVDs in HD quality.

They make DVDs in DVD quality. They are not high definition, by definition.

I beg to differ. I have several HD DVD's and compared to the non HD DVD's there is a BIG difference.

Maybe you need to get an HDMI cable to help you see the difference.

mike304 wrote:Ghostbusters blu-ray on Amazon: $9.99

Ghostbusters DVD on Amazon: $10.14

Hmmmm....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
Try that with a NEW movie. *smack*

TheRockman wrote:

Self pics belong in the other thread. Thanks

A VERY WISE MAN wrote: It is obvious this is a "good ol' boys" forum/site and since i am new and very much not a part of that clique, people feel it their duty to talk down to and trivialize what I am trying to accomplish.

I see this truth more and more each day. And It's even more obvious when I am not the only one that thinks this.
By Mr. D.
cowbybill wrote:Here's a quick comparison of the 2005 DVD to the Blu Ray from spook central the entire article is here:
http://www.theraffon.net/~spookcentral/ ... ompare.htm

Here's the 2005 dvd screen shot:

and here's the Blu Ray:

Also if you Check the screen shots that AJ has done http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters/screen-caps/ from the Blu Ray you can see quite a difference in picture quality between DVD and Blu Ray.

So BluRay sucks more then I thought.

Those pics you posted the DVD shows Slimer nice a green and glowing. The BluRay shows him faded and dull.
By Donkey8012
You know they stopped making hddvd's a long time ago, right?
By Mr. D.
Donkey8012 wrote:You know they stopped making hddvd's a long time ago, right?

And that prevents me from buying used ones?
By mike304
My point is that sometimes the DVD copy is more than the blu ray.
The inferior format is sometimes more than the superior format.

Blu ray discs offer the highest resolution possible when viewing on a 1080p capable screen connected with HDMI.

There is no way on this earth that your are going to tell me or anyone else here that is informed on the subject that a standard definition DVD encoded at 480p with compressed audio is going to offer the same resolution, color reproduction and fine detail that a 1080p blu ray disc with lossless audio will. They are not the same thing.

Now if you are saying HDDVD will, then that is a different story. But HDDVD and standard DVD are different formats, they are also not the same thing.

It's also pretty common for new release titles to be at their most expensive on the latest format when they're first released. That goes way back to the days of VHS. I paid 31.99 for a copy of The Blues Brothers on DVD when that format was still "new". Now its in the $5 bin at Walmart. I still have that DVD and the recently released blu, and the difference is night and day, even with the ps3 upscaling.

By Donkey8012
Not at all, but you're the one that pointed this out:
mike304 wrote:
Ghostbusters blu-ray on Amazon: $9.99

Ghostbusters DVD on Amazon: $10.14

Hmmmm....

Try that with a NEW movie. *smack
So, on that note, do you want to know how much it costs to get a new movie on HDDVD? Nothing, because they don't make them anymore. They don't make them anymore because Bluray won that battle. Because they are better.
Vincenzo330 liked this
By Donkey8012
Mike, the above post is not a response to you, but Mr. d's last post.
By Mr. D.
Donkey8012 wrote:So, on that note, do you want to know how much it costs to get a new movie on HDDVD? Nothing, because they don't make them anymore. They don't make them anymore because Bluray won that battle. Because they are better.

Keep telling yourself that. BluRay will not last. They are popular now because they are new. They have not "won" anything.

Now granted there is one thing BluRay can offer that DVD doe snot, and that's 3D, but then again Sony has the 3D TV that turns any 2D movie into 3D. We all know this is not TRUE 3D, (But then neither is the BluRay 3D). 3D done in post production is not TRUE 3D. If only one camera is used, then it is NOT 3D. That is not saying you can't get a 3D like effect in post, but it is not the same.

But I am sure someone here will come along and have some blah blah to say about that, but no matter. I have been researching how 3D works for over a year now. But that means nothing since I am just a troll and all.
By mike304
They won the format war. They have been around 6 years. Their tech specs are better than DVD. And HD DVD.

These are facts. I don't understand how you can argue this.

AJ Quick liked this
By AJ Quick
Mr. D. wrote:
A VERY WISE MAN wrote: It is obvious this is a "good ol' boys" forum/site and since i am new and very much not a part of that clique, people feel it their duty to talk down to and trivialize what I am trying to accomplish.
I see this truth more and more each day. And It's even more obvious when I am not the only one that thinks this.
I think even the 'forever alone' people that aren't in the 'good ol' boys' clique would agree with the fact that Blu-ray is better than DVD. And if you don't, you probably are just still upset because you just repurchased all your VHS tapes on DVD...
Mr. D. wrote:Keep telling yourself that. Blu-ray will not last. They are popular now because they are new. They have not "won" anything.
Oh shit.. really? Just like. I dunno. 8mm didn't last? Betamax didn't last? VHS didn't last? Laserdisc didn't last?

DVDs aren't going to last either.

Its called innovation. Innovate and advance as a species... or wither and die. 5-10 years from now there will be a new format. Possibly something on a solid state memory device. 5 - 10 years after that all content will be streamed from main content suppliers.

Ghostbusters was after all the first movie to be released on USB Stick.
Mr. D. wrote:So BluRay sucks more then I thought.

Those pics you posted the DVD shows Slimer nice a green and glowing. The BluRay shows him faded and dull.
You really will complain and argue about anything and everything you can.

The Blu-ray is crisp. The details of Slimer are there as was originally seen on the screen in 1984. The DVD was poorly colored, with the contrast and brightness adjusted improperly.

I'm sure you would have been fine with Slimer being a green spray painted peanut too...
By Mr. D.
mike304 wrote:They won the format war. They have been around 6 years. Their tech specs are better than DVD. And HD DVD.

These are facts. I don't understand how you can argue this.

OH WOW!!! A WHOLE 6 YEARS????? Well, gee, I guess that's it. I better run out and replace ALL my DVD's with BluRay (so the movie companies can make even more money, while they come up with a new format to change to next year) All my DVD's are crap like VHS and I can use them all for coasters now.

AJ Quick wrote:I think even the 'forever alone' people that aren't in the 'good ol' boys' clique would agree with the fact that Blu-ray is better than DVD. And if you don't, you probably are just still upset because you just repurchased all your VHS tapes on DVD...
That was not even the point of that quote. But then I don't expect you to see the real point.
AJ Quick wrote:
Mr. D. wrote:Keep telling yourself that. Blu-ray will not last. They are popular now because they are new. They have not "won" anything.
Oh shit.. really? Just like. I dunno. 8mm didn't last? Betamax didn't last? VHS didn't last? Laserdisc didn't last?

DVDs aren't going to last either.

Its called innovation. Innovate and advance as a species... or wither and die. 5-10 years from now there will be a new format. Possibly something on a solid state memory device. 5 - 10 years after that all content will be streamed from main content suppliers.

Ghostbusters was after all the first movie to be released on USB Stick.
And how many movies do you own on 8mm, Betamax, or Laserdisc???? You comparing DVDs to 8MM and VHS really shows the mentality. Guessing you think all those apples taste like oranges.

AJ Quick wrote: You really will complain and argue about anything and everything you can.

The Blu-ray is crisp. The details of Slimer are there as was originally seen on the screen in 1984. The DVD was poorly colored, with the contrast and brightness adjusted improperly.

I'm sure you would have been fine with Slimer being a green spray painted peanut too...

I am just pointing out the cold hard facts. The screen shots posted show DVD nice bright green glowing ghost. BluRay shows him has a faded dull plastic blob.

You can run out and buy all your movies on BluRay and *THINK* your getting a better picture because they tell you you are. Then they will come out with something else in a year or 2 and tell you its so super clear you will think you are in the movie, so you will run out and buy all them too.
By mike304
Would you please enlighten us as to your point, Mr. D?

It sounds like you are trying to say that it is your PREFERENCE to keep your old media, which is fine. No one is stopping you. But in the same breath, you say that your old media is equal to the quality of new high defnition media, which is wrong.

By cowbybill
actually the DVD screen shot shows quite a bit of color bleed from slimer onto the capture streams. Like AJ said when the movie was originally released he was not that bright neon looking green.
If you want an other example of a company that has done a tremendous job with thier Blu Rays just compare the orignal Dvd, VHS, or Laserdisc versions of any of Disney's animated library to that of the Blu ray transfer. Some of their older films haven't looked as well as they do on Blu ray since they were originally put in theaters.
To be honest I couldn't decide whether to upgrade to HD or Blu-Ray it was only when Disney announced they were going with the Blu Ray format that I switched.
and you are right someday BluRay will become obsolete and when it does it'll be time to upgrade agian, I still have numerous VHS tapes of films that have yet to be released onto DVD, as well as films on laserdisc and DVD that have yet or are just becoming available to blu ray.
But I have to say that unless you are still using an older non HD TV you simply are not utilizing the Flat Screen capabilites to it's fullest.
By Carpeteria
Mr. D., dude, you want to keep equating people being down on you in threads with your being "out of the cool kids club" or just because you're new around here, and that's SO not it. There are dozens of new folks around here who are posting with no drama, no fights, no pile-ons. Guess what? It's YOU. Just about every thread I've seen you post in results in you getting in massive arguments with several people at once. It's not a coincidence or a newbie conspiracy. You want to argue for the sake of arguing over the smallest nonsense, even with totally illogical points. You're the common denominator here.
By Mr. D.
Boomerjinks wrote:
Mr. D. wrote: You can run out and buy all your movies on BluRay and *THINK* your getting a better picture because they tell you you are.

Thanks Louis. That was short, and pointless. (like most of your post).
By Mr. D.
Carpeteria wrote:Mr. D., dude, you want to keep equating people being down on you in threads with your being "out of the cool kids club" or just because you're new around here, and that's SO not it. There are dozens of new folks around here who are posting with no drama, no fights, no pile-ons. Guess what? It's YOU. Just about every thread I've seen you post in results in you getting in massive arguments with several people at once. It's not a coincidence or a newbie conspiracy. You want to argue for the sake of arguing over the smallest nonsense, even with totally illogical points. You're the common denominator here.

Yep, they join the drones and follow the leaders and never speak their opinions so it's all rainbows and loli pops.

But you and the others fail to see that. So see whatever you want. Don't like it. ignore me.
By mike304
I really can't tell if this is an actual conversation anymore or if we are just feeding the trolls now. I'm out.

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]