Return to Home Page - Ghostbusters Fans
    


View new posts | View your posts DVD vs BluRay

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 8:58 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: November 7th, 2010, 9:26 pm
Posts: 1566
Location: West Roxbury, MA
Karma: 428
Boomerjinks wrote:
Image


You don't front on Dr. Cornell West. End of argument.

_________________
Image

Because you asked, more of me: http://www.megatoothpastemammals.com


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 8:59 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: March 18th, 2002, 5:00 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Norristown, PA
Karma: 411
Mr. D. wrote:
Yep, they join the drones and follow the leaders and never speak their opinions so it's all rainbows and loli pops.



As opposed to vehimently opposing and derisively scoffing at anything and everything for no reason while blindly ignoring massive evidence and proven conclusions to avoid actual productive discourse and discussion like you do?

_________________
Jack Doud
http://www.bloody-plastic.com/costumes.html

My Oddball props:
Statue of Liberty Controller, Slime Scoop, Keymaster Colander Helmet, KUD Meter.


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:04 pm 
Offline
Banned

Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:42 am
Posts: 157
Location: North, GA
Karma: 0
Boomerjinks wrote:
Mr. D. wrote:
Yep, they join the drones and follow the leaders and never speak their opinions so it's all rainbows and loli pops.


Image




Maybe I should become a SUPPORTING MEMBER so then everyone will love me and think I am a god and I can post useless crap and not get bashed for it.




Carpeteria wrote:
There's a big difference between stating an opinion and repeatedly falling on your sword for totally illogical and factless arguments. I hate to break it to you, but you're pretty solidly in the latter camp.


You would see it that way. BTW every one of my points have been 100% factual.

Carpeteria wrote:
But you fail to see that. So see whatever you want. Don't like it. Ignore me.



Thanks. Don't mind if I do. :)


jackdoud wrote:
Mr. D. wrote:
Yep, they join the drones and follow the leaders and never speak their opinions so it's all rainbows and loli pops.



As opposed to vehimently opposing and derisively scoffing at anything and everything for no reason while blindly ignoring massive evidence and proven conclusions to avoid actual productive discourse and discussion like you do?


Funny how I have posted massive evidence and proven conclusions that have been ignored over and over.


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:06 pm 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: January 4th, 2002, 5:00 pm
Posts: 18135
Location: Denver, CO
Karma: 1771
Where is your evidence of DVD being higher quality than Blu-ray?

_________________
Like Ghostbusters Fans on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ghostbustersfans
Follow Ghostbusters Fans on Twitter: @gbfans


"GODDAMN NERDS WITH POWER!!!!! ARRAUGUGUUGGHHGHG!"


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:09 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: March 18th, 2002, 5:00 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Norristown, PA
Karma: 411
Mr. D. wrote:
Funny how I have posted massive evidence and proven conclusions that have been ignored over and over.


You seem to keep thinking this, but yet it's not true. Even though YOU think it's " massive evidence and proven conclusions" doesn't mean it is and you're simultaneously ignoring others evidence that proves you wrong. You're either a massive hippocrite, fundamentally socially retarded or deliberately trolling. Either way, if you continue to cause issues, deliberately or not, you will be moderated. You're already in the hole, digging more won't get you out.

_________________
Jack Doud
http://www.bloody-plastic.com/costumes.html

My Oddball props:
Statue of Liberty Controller, Slime Scoop, Keymaster Colander Helmet, KUD Meter.


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:11 pm 
Offline
Banned

Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:42 am
Posts: 157
Location: North, GA
Karma: 0
AJ Quick wrote:
Where is your evidence of DVD being higher quality than Blu-ray?


How's this?

cowbybill wrote:
Here's the 2005 dvd screen shot:
Image

and here's the Blu Ray:
Image



jackdoud wrote:

blah blah blah more endless babble that really has no point


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:15 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: November 7th, 2010, 9:26 pm
Posts: 1566
Location: West Roxbury, MA
Karma: 428
Yes, that is factual evidence of DVD's superiority. It was Ivan Reitman's original vision to have the thrower streams magically change from orange to green when they touched Slimer.

Why don't you argue more generally about DVDs vs. BD beyond a single frame comparison from one movie?

_________________
Image

Because you asked, more of me: http://www.megatoothpastemammals.com


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:18 pm 
Offline
Ghosthead
User avatar

Joined: October 28th, 2009, 7:45 pm
Posts: 644
Location: WISCONSIN
Karma: 623
You're basing your argument on one screenshot comparison. Do you see where the holes in your argument are appearing?
You don't want to link to any articles or other evidence? None of the other movies that have been released on Blu-ray? Just a comparison shot from the DVD version with over saturated color and a Blu-Ray? Only one frame?
Just because the special effects in the higher definition shot is less colorful and less blurry doesn't make it lower quality than the DVD.

_________________
Image
"This is surreal-- like they made a really good movie out of all these internet nerds I know."
Ray... when someone asks you 'where the booty at' you say 'WHOOT THERE IT IS.'
Candid Ecto Photos: http://picturesofsomenerdsectomobile.tumblr.com/


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:20 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: March 18th, 2002, 5:00 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Norristown, PA
Karma: 411
Mr. D. wrote:
jackdoud wrote:

blah blah blah more endless babble that really has no point


....mmmm k

Because ignoring mods who are trying to keep you from being outright banned from the site for being an asshole is a good idea... :sigh:

_________________
Jack Doud
http://www.bloody-plastic.com/costumes.html

My Oddball props:
Statue of Liberty Controller, Slime Scoop, Keymaster Colander Helmet, KUD Meter.


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:21 pm 
Offline
Banned

Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:42 am
Posts: 157
Location: North, GA
Karma: 0
Nonagon wrote:
You're basing your argument on one screenshot comparison. Do you see where the holes in your argument are appearing?
You don't want to link to any articles or other evidence? None of the other movies that have been released on Blu-ray? Just a comparison shot from the DVD version with over saturated color and a Blu-Ray? Only one frame?
Just because the special effects in the higher definition shot is less colorful and less blurry doesn't make it lower quality than the DVD.



Just using the "evidence" that was posted to me trying to say BR is better then DVD.


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:22 pm 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: January 4th, 2002, 5:00 pm
Posts: 18135
Location: Denver, CO
Karma: 1771
How about this one?

This is a full sized DVD image on the top, and a full sized Blu-ray image on the bottom.

Which is better? Which is higher quality?

http://www.exoray.com/gb/Ecto.png

Image

_________________
Like Ghostbusters Fans on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ghostbustersfans
Follow Ghostbusters Fans on Twitter: @gbfans


"GODDAMN NERDS WITH POWER!!!!! ARRAUGUGUUGGHHGHG!"


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:23 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: March 18th, 2002, 5:00 pm
Posts: 3512
Location: Norristown, PA
Karma: 411
Mr. D. wrote:
Just using the "evidence" that was posted to me trying to say BR is better then DVD.


If you can't see that the bluray shot you posted is better than the DVD one there's no helping you and this argument is over.

_________________
Jack Doud
http://www.bloody-plastic.com/costumes.html

My Oddball props:
Statue of Liberty Controller, Slime Scoop, Keymaster Colander Helmet, KUD Meter.


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:35 pm 
Offline
Banned

Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:42 am
Posts: 157
Location: North, GA
Karma: 0
AJ Quick wrote:
How about this one?

This is a full sized DVD image on the top, and a full sized Blu-ray image on the bottom.

Which is better? Which is higher quality?

http://www.exoray.com/gb/Ecto.png

Image



Now you are comparing wide screen to full screen. or a zoomed image to a non zoomed image.


jackdoud wrote:
Mr. D. wrote:
Just using the "evidence" that was posted to me trying to say BR is better then DVD.


If you can't see that the bluray shot you posted is better than the DVD one there's no helping you and this argument is over.



Not my post, just quoted. and it is obvious the BR is not as goo a quality in that shot. But you will choose to ignore that and hail to the BR gods.


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:38 pm 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: January 4th, 2002, 5:00 pm
Posts: 18135
Location: Denver, CO
Karma: 1771
Mr. D. wrote:
Now you are comparing wide screen to full screen. or a zoomed image to a non zoomed image.


No I'm not.

I'm comparing DVD to Blu-ray.

Perhaps you should do a year of research on it.

The smaller top image is the size that DVD is.

The large bottom image is the size that Blu-ray is.

I figure you can't understand that since both images would take up the whole TV screen when playing. But the DVD would have to blow the image up to take up the same space as the Blu-ray.. and what happens when you resize an image? Its lower quality.

Now we insert that whole.. blah blah not choosing to look at the arguements! I'm always right blah blah comment here.

_________________
Like Ghostbusters Fans on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ghostbustersfans
Follow Ghostbusters Fans on Twitter: @gbfans


"GODDAMN NERDS WITH POWER!!!!! ARRAUGUGUUGGHHGHG!"


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:40 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: November 7th, 2010, 9:26 pm
Posts: 1566
Location: West Roxbury, MA
Karma: 428
So you SERIOUSLY HONESTLY TRULY believe that the thrower streams were meant to turn green? And that it looks better that way? And that they didn't totally screw up in the 2005 transfer with that green overlay effect? That looks better to you?

_________________
Image

Because you asked, more of me: http://www.megatoothpastemammals.com


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:42 pm 
Offline
Ghosthead
User avatar

Joined: November 2nd, 2006, 10:40 pm
Posts: 869
Location: BEST CAROLINA
Karma: 360
Mr. D. wrote:
NOTE: To help me join the IN CROWD and make everyone like me, please disregard the above post and replace it with anything that would agree with whatever this thread is about.


ok

Mr. D. wrote:
I understand now that Blu-ray is superior to DVD. Bring on those rainbows and lolipops!

_________________
Image


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:43 pm 
Offline
Banned

Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:42 am
Posts: 157
Location: North, GA
Karma: 0
AJ Quick wrote:
Mr. D. wrote:
Now you are comparing wide screen to full screen. or a zoomed image to a non zoomed image.


No I'm not.

I'm comparing DVD to Blu-ray.

Perhaps you should do a year of research on it.

The smaller top image is the size that DVD is.

The large bottom image is the size that Blu-ray is.

I figure you can't understand that since both images would take up the whole TV screen when playing. But the DVD would have to blow the image up to take up the same space as the Blu-ray.. and what happens when you resize an image? Its lower quality.

Now we insert that whole.. blah blah not choosing to look at the arguements! I'm always right blah blah comment here.




You need a new TV, or maybe buy widescreen movies. I have a wide screen TV and NONE of my DVDs have to ENLARGE the image (and thank god they don't blow up the image, there would be pieces of them all over the place). Now a full screen movie will look EXACTLY like the top image you posted on a wide screen TV. Your not proving anything.


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:45 pm 
Offline
Banned

Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:42 am
Posts: 157
Location: North, GA
Karma: 0
Carpeteria wrote:
So you SERIOUSLY HONESTLY TRULY believe that the thrower streams were meant to turn green? And that it looks better that way? And that they didn't totally screw up in the 2005 transfer with that green overlay effect? That looks better to you?



Who said anything about the proton beams???



Notice how you (and others) have to find ways to twist what I say.


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:47 pm 
Offline
Ghosthead
User avatar

Joined: June 17th, 2006, 7:27 pm
Posts: 4537
Location: Denver, Colorado
Karma: 350
Mr. D. wrote:
I have a wide screen TV and NONE of my DVDs have to ENLARGE the image


Image

_________________
Image
You tell 'em I'm postin'! And Hell's postin' with me!


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:48 pm 
Offline
Ghosthead
User avatar

Joined: June 3rd, 2005, 7:34 pm
Posts: 184
Karma: 40
New TV? Lol I said I was out but Gosh, this is hilarious.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:50 pm 
Offline
Ghosthead
User avatar

Joined: January 2nd, 2012, 7:12 pm
Posts: 827
Location: Sherwood, OREGON
Karma: 56
This got way off topic. I do personally like blueray better, but that is all opinion. (and some facts) I also think the ray posessed scene would be awesome to see! (back on topic) I think GB2 blueray will include it.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android

_________________
-Nolen
Image

Member, Portland Ghostbusters


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:53 pm 
Offline
Banned

Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:42 am
Posts: 157
Location: North, GA
Karma: 0
mike304 wrote:
New TV? Lol I said I was out but Gosh, this is hilarious.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android




Yeah. Do we really need to get into Standard TV vs. Widescreen TV's????


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:55 pm 
Offline
Banned

Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:42 am
Posts: 157
Location: North, GA
Karma: 0
Boomerjinks wrote:
Mr. D. wrote:
I have a wide screen TV and NONE of my DVDs have to ENLARGE the image


Image




I think I shall add you to the ranks with Carpeteria.


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 9:55 pm 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: January 4th, 2002, 5:00 pm
Posts: 18135
Location: Denver, CO
Karma: 1771
Mr. D. wrote:
You need a new TV, or maybe buy widescreen movies. I have a wide screen TV and NONE of my DVDs have to ENLARGE the image (and thank god they don't blow up the image, there would be pieces of them all over the place). Now a full screen movie will look EXACTLY like the top image you posted on a wide screen TV. Your not proving anything.


The top image is DIRECT from a DVD.

The bottom image is DIRECT from a Blu-ray.

Both images are widescreen.

No resizing was involved.

If you don't understand that DVD is 720 x 480 and Blu-ray is 1920 x 1080... then you have no place in any argument where Blu-ray vs DVD is being discussed.

_________________
Like Ghostbusters Fans on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ghostbustersfans
Follow Ghostbusters Fans on Twitter: @gbfans


"GODDAMN NERDS WITH POWER!!!!! ARRAUGUGUUGGHHGHG!"


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 10:01 pm 
Offline
Ghosthead
User avatar

Joined: June 3rd, 2005, 7:34 pm
Posts: 184
Karma: 40
Mr. D. wrote:
mike304 wrote:
New TV? Lol I said I was out but Gosh, this is hilarious.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android




Yeah. Do we really need to get into Standard TV vs. Widescreen TV's????


No we dont , I actually understand the difference between 4:3 and 16:9, aspect ratios, source material, etc.

There's the site, you may have heard of it, it's called Wikipedia...you may want to do some reading there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 10:05 pm 
Offline
Ghosthead
User avatar

Joined: October 28th, 2009, 7:45 pm
Posts: 644
Location: WISCONSIN
Karma: 623
mike304 wrote:
No we dont , I actually understand the difference between 4:3 and 16:9, aspect ratios, source material, etc.

There's the site, you may have heard of it, it's called Wikipedia...you may want to do some reading there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android


OH NO! HERE WE GO AGAAAAIN!

_________________
Image
"This is surreal-- like they made a really good movie out of all these internet nerds I know."
Ray... when someone asks you 'where the booty at' you say 'WHOOT THERE IT IS.'
Candid Ecto Photos: http://picturesofsomenerdsectomobile.tumblr.com/


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 10:08 pm 
Offline
Ghosthead
User avatar

Joined: June 3rd, 2005, 7:34 pm
Posts: 184
Karma: 40
Or Google. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 10:08 pm 
Offline
Banned

Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:42 am
Posts: 157
Location: North, GA
Karma: 0
mike304 wrote:
No we dont , I actually understand the difference between 4:3 and 16:9, aspect ratios, source material, etc.

There's the site, you may have heard of it, it's called Wikipedia...you may want to do some reading there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android


Image

I have never got to use that image on any other site as much as I have here. You people think just because Wikipedia says something, it must be true.


No I have done REAL research on home theater systems. Not just done a Google search, clicked Wikipedia and read an article and now think I am an expert.


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 10:09 pm 
Offline
Supporting Member
Supporting Member
User avatar

Joined: November 7th, 2010, 9:26 pm
Posts: 1566
Location: West Roxbury, MA
Karma: 428
Mr. D. wrote:
I think I shall add you to the ranks with Carpeteria.


Shit. Now I have to be all lumped in with Kevin. Thanks a lot.

_________________
Image

Because you asked, more of me: http://www.megatoothpastemammals.com


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: February 8th, 2012, 10:10 pm 
Offline
Banned

Joined: December 18th, 2011, 4:42 am
Posts: 157
Location: North, GA
Karma: 0
Nonagon wrote:
mike304 wrote:
No we dont , I actually understand the difference between 4:3 and 16:9, aspect ratios, source material, etc.

There's the site, you may have heard of it, it's called Wikipedia...you may want to do some reading there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android


OH NO! HERE WE GO AGAAAAIN!



Yep you guys are Wikipedia whores.


(+0)
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Share On: Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Digg Digg Share on MySpace MySpace Share on Delicious Delicious Share on Tumblr TumblrShare on Google+ Google+


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jaggered and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
 
© 1998-2014 Ghostbusters Fans & Ghostbusters Prop Archive - Created and Written by AJ Quick
"Ghostbusters" and "Ghost-Design" are registered Trademarks of Columbia Pictures Industries Inc.
Send Ghostbusters Fans an Email - webmaster@gbfans.com - The Largest FIRST Robotics Archive - Jurassic Jeep - 65 Million Years in the Making - A. Quick CNC - 3 Axis Hobby CNC Routers