Hey guys,
We have recently started searching for the lenses for the Ecto Goggles and are looking for your help.
We were unable to find a thread here discussing the actual found parts for this prop, so we started this one.

We have posted the info that we have on our blog at GBNerds.com concerning the right lens.
We have yet to identify the left lens and would like your insight as to what it might be.

Any help would be appreciated.
Holy shit! I don't think anyone ever thought of the Ecto Goggles as using found parts before, so I don't think anyone else had really looked for them. Can't wait to see what you find for the other lens.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

The other lense appears to just be a microscope adapter lens.

Here is one I just bought on eBay to see: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200687338794

Another similar microscope adapter:

exo95er wrote:And that's the last time we'll see these parts sell on eBay for $4! :sigh:

Good find!
If we can get the measurements nailed then it doesn't matter.

A bloody brilliant development, I'd been walking past my brother's telescope for years thinking (that looks like one of the Ecto Goggle lenses), now we know. :)
exo95er wrote:And that's the last time we'll see these parts sell on eBay for $4! :sigh:
There are several more available for $4-$5.

I would wait until I get one in to buy though. You never know.. these things could be tiny. I'm just hoping the 25mm is the smaller part, and that they are bigger than i would assume.
AJ Quick wrote:
There are several more available for $4-$5.

I would wait until I get one in to buy though. You never know.. these things could be tiny. I'm just hoping the 25mm is the smaller part, and that they are bigger than i would assume.
You're fine, the 25mm is the small end. It would need to be stated so you would know if it would fit the particlar telescope/microscope you're attaching it to.

The larger end which mounts to the camera body will vary with manufacturer, but will be larger than the film size of the camera, which is 35mm.
IPv6Freely wrote:The other one kinda reminds me of a vintage darkroom loupe:
IPv6Freely wrote:Actually, THIS looks almost exactly like the other lens:
The first one looks similar, but isn't that close, the inner wall's a lot thicker than what they appear to have used on the prop. The second one isn't anywhere near close, a completely different design. The link AJ posted is far closer and is unmodified:

-the second one would need extensive modification to match the one seen on the prop.

However, it's worth noting the mention of a Loupe, as that might be the right direction to look into for the Ghostbusters II Ecto Goggles:

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]