By docshiv
I've never built any props before this. I'm working my way up to a pack, but thought it wise to start small.

I made these following Norm's plans with a little tweak of my own here and there.

Comments and constructive criticism are most welcome.

By docshiv
CAHighwind wrote:I like those LEDs... nice touch.
Thank you! I've never wired jack before, so I was just happy it worked!
jettajeffro wrote: The look great. Did you think about taking the lift up slide portion out and gluing the plate with the lenses onto the frame themselves? I did that and it made the googles alot lighter.
Thanks! I had considered it, but I needed the room for the wiring and battery. Plus, I just thought it looked cooler with the lift up portion.
By jettajeffro
jettajeffro wrote: The look great. Did you think about taking the lift up slide portion out and gluing the plate with the lenses onto the frame themselves? I did that and it made the googles alot lighter.
Thanks! I had considered it, but I needed the room for the wiring and battery. Plus, I just thought it looked cooler with the lift up portion.[/quote]

I thought that might be where you were keeping all of it. I only recently decided to take the glass piece out. That made another huge difference.
By docshiv
jettajeffro wrote:I thought that might be where you were keeping all of it. I only recently decided to take the glass piece out. That made another huge difference.
The weight is a bit of an issue. I still need to add the strap on top. That should make all the difference.
By docshiv
AuroraGB wrote:Ok Quick question, how did you glue on the eye pieces?
I shaved two sides of my bushings down with my sander so that I could fit them into the inset piece of the flip-up visor. This allowed more surface area for the Gorilla Glue to grab the plastic eye shield.

Since I bought the kind of welding goggles with the flip up piece, I had two clear plastic eye shields and one opaque eye shield to work with. I tossed the opaque one aside. I took the two clear ones and stacked them...glued them in...and then braced them with some small pieced of wood on either side. I had to sand them down a little bit to fit them in, but since they went in tight there was no need to glue them. Friction takes care of it.

Let me know if you need any more info.
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]