By Paul-Butt
Alright, I checked it myself and it's over in size but the pixels are way under. Can anyone give this idiot some advice. I've scaled down the image in GIMP but it's still over.
By Paul-Butt
Ok, so I have tried using gimp and microsoft picture manager. I have uploaded using imageshack. I have compressed, resized...everything.

I always get the pixels correct, but the file size is ALWAYS in the 20 - 23kb area. What the hell?
By Paul-Butt
I compress the image using microsoft picture manager and it says "estimated size after compression 6kb" or thereabout, but when I save it and check properties, it's 20kbs or more.

I am baffled by technology apparently.
By Sharky857
Oh, I was wondering what it could've been wrong with my avatar since it looked like disappeared in thin air, then I noticed it: yes, the image was 125 x 125. . . But it was also 25 Kb ^^;
Anyway, eventually all what I had to do had been changing it from a "png" to a "jpg"; in fact, now it should be less than 5 Kb ;)
By kevinj319
Some of the illegal animated pony avatars really bog down the loading of pages. I realize it's a big joke/meme going around right now, so it'll probably pass.
By Ricky
My 'Illegal" animated "meme" is well under the rules of size and weight. even if animate, if an image stays inside the legal boundaries there should not be a problem with page loading. it is after all the same size and same weight as non animated ones and shouldn't post a problem.

Edit:

and I had to open my big mouth and have it removed. LOL
By cowbybill
janderson0719 wrote:Does anyone know a website to where i can get a exact 125x125 avatar pic? Imageshack is close but not good enough for me
If you have photoshop you can resize a picturee to fit your needs.
EDIT-
Or if you want PM your picture and I'll shrink it down for you. I have Photoshop and that's how I got mine to meet the requirements.
By EJLambert
I used photobucket for my Thing-Fish avatar. I can edit from the site and then get the links to post it wherever.
By kevinj319
When I'm not on my main computer, I use Pixlr. It's an online photo editor, no download required. Might be good for those of you who don't have photoshop or paintshop.

http://pixlr.com/editor/
By SoulKeeper8605
OK, call me stupid, but how do you upload avatars on here? I've been trying to figure it out, but I still don't get it.....I had an avatar, but it was my Facebook profile pic, and I didn't want to use that so I removed it. But I want to upload an avatar....
By Some_Guy
You need to use an image hosting website, then get the image URL and put it in the Upload box here: http://www.gbfans.com/community/ucp.php ... ode=avatar

For example my image URL is http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8199/breezyav.jpg. You can usually get this when you (if running on Firefox) right click the image and go to "Copy Image Location"

Most commonly used websites to host images are Imageshack and Photobucket.
By Massacci
Im having issues with my avatar showing as a broken image. I pasted the link from my photobucket and when I leave the dimensions blank it says it cannot determine the dimensions of the image. However, when I paste the link and enter the dimensions, the image APPEARS to have uploaded, but it will not show. The image is a 14kb .png. Whats the deal?

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]

Hard to tell if it’s an actual black fligh[…]