By AJ Quick
Ever since Ghostbusters Fans was created a year and a half ago (seems like it has been longer) we have struggled to have our site's pages populated with good and accurate information. A few users have picked up on the cause and have been editing pages whenever they can and have been making the site better.

I would like to create a group of the top editors on GBFans to lead the way in a group called the Ghostbusters Fans Organizers. (Abbreviated GBFONS?) These organizers would setup page layouts and formatting requirements on the site. They would go in and fix mistakes that others have made and will make it a goal to update a page a week with accurate information.

Ghostbusters Fans Organizers recieve special benefits that mimic those of Supporting Members, which include a larger PM Box, image uploads, special rank and special blue username. To be admitted to the Organizers Group you must apply for it.

To be eligible, you must submit a portfolio of links to pages that you have edited on GBFans (I can also look for them in the database), and they must be well done.. and you must have a good understanding of the Wiki Code that I have written for use on the pages. Also, please make me a list of pages that you aim to update or sections that you would like to oversee.

Ideally, I would like to have 1-2 editors per section who will update things regularly and take pride in thier section. Please PM me if you are up for the job!
By AJ Quick
So far I've only had two people interested in helping.

Come on people.. the only way this site is gonna become the definitive source for Ghostbusters Information is if we start to organize!

I'm hoping people will join the cause (get a free Supporting Membership) and help populate pages of the site. I think every week we will pick a page and go at it.. updating it as a group until it is finished.
By Gareee
I'd offer to help, AJ, but my knowledge of the finer accurate information is far surpassed by way too many people here.

But is ya want misinformation disseminated, I'm yer go to guy! LOL!
AJ Quick wrote:updating it as a group until it is finished.
But will it ever really be finished? j/k

I've been busy lately with work, but I will find some time to work on a few things either today, or [by the very least] tomorrow.

Dennis
By Willie
Where would be a good place to report page mistakes? For instance, these. On the Community page under Movies, in both Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II, Script, Score is not in alphabetical order. And Screen Captures is missing.

Score, Screen Captures, Script would be correct.
By Willie
I will have to take your word for it. I dont see the revise option for the Community page. And I dont see info about how to get to edit a page without a clickable revise option on the FAQ button page.

I did revise the Movies>Ghostbusters and Movies>Ghostbusters II pages easily a few days back. :smile: But I didnt see any way to make the same changes to the Community page.
By JayStantz
I wouldn't mind looking around and editing some of the equipment pages. Do you remember that I added the Legris page? I am not an expert, but you could have a starting off point on some of the blank pages and tweak them slightly for better layout or asthetics, whatever. I have some time to spare. Oh yeah, I have Clippard, Legris and tubing catalogs too that I can use for better information. I'd be happy to help in that way. I love gbfans!

http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/proton-pack/legris/

Thanks.
I'd love to help, but I have little to no knowledge of wiki code. I'm still learning when it comes to equipment/uniform stuff, but I'm always learning new info on the movies and the animated series, so I'd be overjoyed to help with any of that.
By AJ Quick
Ghostbuster J wrote:I'd love to help, but I have little to no knowledge of wiki code. I'm still learning when it comes to equipment/uniform stuff, but I'm always learning new info on the movies and the animated series, so I'd be overjoyed to help with any of that.
Feel free to edit any page on GBFans when you see fit.

However for section leads I'm really looking for experts on a specific topic.
By jackdoud
I got a question and this seemed like the place to put it. How do I add sub-pages to the Wiki? I'd like to add the liberty controller and Venkman's gizmo from the electronics store to the "other" part of the equipment section but I can't see how to create sub-pages. Is this something only mods can do?
By AJ Quick
At this time it is only something I can do.

Feel free to make the requests in a PM with where they should go.

I will add a form that allows for requests in the future.. and more users will be able to add wiki pages.
By new-guy
hi im way new to this site big fan of the movies and since the new game came out iv been wanting to make my own proton pack and outfit as to the orignal movie that being said i also want the patch on the outfit to say new-guy as to the guy youplay as in the game
By devilmanozzy
Let me speak a minute,

I have been working as the main Editor and as the Bureaucrat at Ghostbusters Wikia http://ghostbusters.wikia.com since September of 2008. The wiki in that time has went from 56 articles to over 1400 articles. That being said, sadly most of the edits have been my own. There can be said, quite a few good and bad things about the wiki I run, but one has to admit one there, its massive.

The sad thing about the wiki which has depressed me and other editors is that the wiki for the most part is only supported and enjoyed by us. One issue on the horizon is Wikia changing they focus on us over there. It's fairly clear that wikia wants to make all they wikis more like social networking sites. I don't like it and have had to think this over hard. My friends and supports need to be on board on this merger if it happened.

So to AJ, I am willing to open talks on a merger to GBFans with what has been Ghostbusters Wikia.

I worry more tho for my fellow editors there tho. Think it over AJ, if the wiki's info would be if use, and then if interested get back with me. If a merger, it would be a bit of pick the good from the articles and bring it over, then delete the articles at wikia. Not every article would come over.
are you still looking for help. I have programming experience and be willing to lend a helping hand if you need. I am still very new to forums and am trying to learn more.
By venkman30
I would love to help but my knowledge of equipment and what not is extremely low. If there is anything else I could do to help please let me know as I totally love this site and am proud to be apart of it.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]