Krenzy wrote:BEAUTIFUL! Can I offer some advice? Our group had an issue with all the lights wearing on the battery. We switched to LED's for the lightbars, and it's definately less drain! Not to mention the LED's can be seen from a greater distance.

I LOVE this car!
Good idea but I think LEDs should stay with more modern car. Since he was able to get a old Cadillac ambulance, I think he should stick with the lights which the Ecto has.

In other words, he should make it Ghostbusters Video Game's Ecto as accurate as possible.
We arent going with the entirely accurate video game rack because it looks like crap. We are going more with Ecto 1 rack traditional and 1b decals. Its going to have a turning radar and sniffer. We are using this car more as a show car than to just take out. The lights are going to be fine. I have someone that built police cars and fire engines in New Jersey wiring it and he knows a little about it. If anyone wants to use old lightbars they need to use a high amp alternator and dual battery system to prevent the drain. We are going with an auxiliary battery with 1000 cold cranking amps.
By Kingpin
How much hardware is needed to make the four cowl lights flash like that?

You hoping to replace those lenses with the clear sections for completely blue ones, or are you planning to stick with them as is?

Very impressive build, she may not be a 59 but she still is a beauty. :)
We are changing the domes to all blue, i have a contact that can get them. I will have to check on the flasher lights, I bought the housing and lights separate. The lights were about 20 and I had to get housings and mounts I think they were about 40-50 total.
By Sledge
Speedmonkey80 wrote:Actually its real easy, just need a flasher unit and just wire it together with the diagram. Im not an electronics wiz but its real easy as long as you have the flasher
that's pretty much it a flasher and relay.
Made all the graphic files myself.. minus the GB logo. GB logos are to scale with ECTO-1, and car decals are to scale with 1A. The roof rack decals I created as well so they are hi-res and clean, all 1A accurate using ECTO - Pauls dims, and whatever dims were missing I scaled using known roof rack dims.
Then ordered them through my friend who is a graphic designer.
Alright this thing is really starting to come together.. The graphics are on.. and the roof rack is really coming along.. Tomorrow the tint will be installed.. as well as the completion of the lights being wired up, as well as the siren. Everything is moving fast, trying to meet our October 2nd deadline for the exterior.. So we shall see :)

Roof rack progress..

By Spooky
ThePinkGhostbuster wrote:
Kingpin wrote:Too late to fix it... but the no-ghost decals are missing the chin.
UGH.. man we didnt event catch that.. I guess you look at something so often and so much.. you just get used to it..lol. We have extra black vinyl.. guess i'm cutting 3 chins out..lol.
I didn't even notice and even more I looked over to my Polar-1 model and the decals lack a chin too.
AHH SOMEONE IS STEELING ALL OF THE CHINS?!?!?!

I think i have it figured out.. i am going to scale all the chins to what they need to be on paper.. cut it out.. and cut out the white area.. and replace with black vinyl.. that way it's all level, and not vinyl on top of vinyl. Should work out fine :)
HE WILL HAVE A CHIN SOON!!!
ThePinkGhostbuster wrote:AHH SOMEONE IS STEELING ALL OF THE CHINS?!?!?!

I think i have it figured out.. i am going to scale all the chins to what they need to be on paper.. cut it out.. and cut out the white area.. and replace with black vinyl.. that way it's all level, and not vinyl on top of vinyl. Should work out fine :)
HE WILL HAVE A CHIN SOON!!!
I believe a large part of the problem is that a lot of people have been downloading it from "The Best Brands", a website featuring a wide array of vector logos... and the Ghostbusters logo they feature is missing the chin element.
Well, my idea may sound silly but if you really think about it, he have to first cut out the chin on all of them of the "No Ghost" Logo. He have to make sure he does it perfectly. Than he have to cut out a piece out of the black vinyl and make sure he cut it out perfectly to make sure it matches exactly to the piece he cut out of the logo.

So that's why I think it will be better if he just either leave it as it is or paint the chin on the logo using car paint.

But anyway... toward the end... it's up to him what he wants to do...

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]