By GVGB2005
List 1-3 cars that you think would make a good new Ectomobile!

Almost any SUV
Sion(SP)
My fav, a Dodge Magnum!
By TheWug
I kinda like the idea of an ecto-cruiser use a pt cruiser for an ecto-1 kinda retro with a modern twist (my exgf used to refer to the cruiser as a hearse, so why not heh)
By Boomerjinks
We thought about a magnum.... the roof slopes backward which would give the car a weird, rubbery/bendy look. And if you compensated for the slope, the car itself would look funky.

The PT cruiser would look a LOT like the toy ectomobile from the cartoon, but I would think it would be too short.

SUVs would be hard because you have to balance the height of the vehicle with the length of the vehicle. Anything too tall will look silly.

A Pontiac Vibe would be very interesting.

My dream is a 2006 Outback, white with the slate grey accent.
[img]
http://www.subaru.com/media/image/2006/ ... tallic.jpg[/img]

It's a balancing act... sporty... size... roundness.... not a crappy car-ness.
By thecanadiandestroyer
I agree with about the SUV being used , if you can balance it right , it can work. I am currently planning converting my '94 explorer into an ecto. A couple of lightbars and a few tubes , nothing overly tall like the ecto1a , more low profile
By HearseDriver
I have an 86 chevy suburban made into the ecto....I love her to death...Im still working on her. Check it out its the ecto 4a its on the thread
By BSjohnson
I've always thought that the '96-'05 style Ford Taurus Wagon would make a good modern Ecto. Definately the best station wagon refit:

Taurus

I own a '99 Taurus wagon, but it's red. If I could afford a new paint job, I'd have already started the modifications.

For a more aggressive look and feel, and for those 'Busters with a larger budget, one could use the Infiniti FX:

FX

For a more compact and environmentally friendly vehicle, you could use a Toyota Matrix:

Matrix

Actually, I went ahead and played with the Matrix in Photoshop:

Matrix Refit

Cheers,
Patrick
By hmmurdock_00
Well for price and style i think a station wagon, and to me if it had to be one and i could get one it be a 1970 Impala station wagon. Looks very mean and agressive, while being large enought to fit the right number of people.

Another idea for a sw, might be late 70's early 80's Malibu stationwagon. Small, cheap, plenty of them, kind of agressive styling.

Any stationwagon, especially the 80's, will be cheap to get.
By malcolmhoaz
TheWug wrote: I kinda like the idea of an ecto-cruiser use a pt cruiser for an ecto-1 kinda retro with a modern twist (my exgf used to refer to the cruiser as a hearse, so why not heh)

I own a PT Cruiser, and already planning on doing the same thing
By Ecto96
malcolmhoaz wrote:
TheWug wrote:I kinda like the idea of an ecto-cruiser use a pt cruiser for an ecto-1 kinda retro with a modern twist (my exgf used to refer to the cruiser as a hearse, so why not heh)

I own a PT Cruiser, and already planning on doing the same thing

Oh jesus christ please no... For the love of all ecto's everywhere.. Please.. That's a friggin insult on wheels. And would be the worlds ugliest ectomobile. I'm sorry for you guys who like those things but.. Damn..
By GVGB2005
My Ecto Magnum!

By Ecto96
My Ecto Magnum, as I think they would make a damn good one too.

By uscm buzz
I too been looking at 70-80s station wagons.. the 70s ones some got round headlights and tailights stick out almost like fins.. I almost bought a 1979 oldmobile.. but it had 2 headlights and just hadnt decided if I liked it.. it was 2 grand..

there was a 71 oldsmobile on ebay for $2500 in New Hamphire a few weeks ago.. and it was already converted to an ecto.. if it was closer.. I woulda bought it.. but I live in tX..
Last edited by uscm buzz on December 3rd, 2006, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ecto96
Real LI Ghostbusters wrote:
GVGB2005 wrote:List 1-3 cars that you think would make a good new Ectomobile!

Almost any SUV
Sion(SP)
My fav, a Dodge Magnum!

Here is what the scion xB Looks like as an ecto.

I gotta admit, I don't really like scions, but what you've done with yours is pretty cool, but we gotta get you a regular lightbar man, just get one like mine that has gutter mounts, don't have to worry about injuring your scion in the least to mount it. the EctoStang's stands on four rubber padded feet, and holds on by two foam padded gutter mounts, and holds good and strong (I've had her up to 97 m.p.h. with no trouble at all, cept that she is slightly slowed down from all the gear up top, but a tire started making a funny sound so I didn't push her, she is 10 years old and was abused before I got her)
By Dreamstalker
My mom has a 2004 Passat wagon, I was looking at it today and thinking it would work.
Ecto96 wrote:
malcolmhoaz wrote:I own a PT Cruiser, and already planning on doing the same thing

Oh jesus christ please no... For the love of all ecto's everywhere.. Please.. That's a friggin insult on wheels. And would be the worlds ugliest ectomobile. I'm sorry for you guys who like those things but.. Damn..

I would tend to agree. The PT Cruisers are fugly.
By Boomerjinks
GVGB2005 wrote:My Ecto Magnum!
This is my favorite thing on all of GBfans. This is what made me a permanent member.
By enchanted unicorn
I think the FJ Cruiser would make a great Ecto. I love the round headlights. They came out with a military green this year...I want it.
By Screwhead
Oooo that Camaro wagon is NICE!

I've always thought that the Cadillac CTS Sports Wagon would look really cool as an Ecto.. keeps the car a caddy and it's got a really nice front to it.

a one-level limo-izing of an Escalade would look really good, too.. like give it the equivalent to one more "back seat" to stretch it out and have room for packs and other gear, drop it a little so it's not as high off the ground.. Maybe give it a double back tire..
By Ou7of7ime
So every time I see a Dodge Caliber I say that would make a sweet ecto, a little small and nothing fancy, but I like the body style.

By 69428scj
Roofline is terrible for a rack and lights...I'd say it's too small, but they're about the same size as HHRs and they don't seem too bad.
By cowbybill
Either the orignal hummer or an H2 might make for a more extreme type ecto..everything a little more military looking and painted with some no so bright colors
By ChevyEcto1
HHR's don't have a whole lot of roof support. . . I have yet to pull the head liner down on my panel wagon but I pounded on the roof and it flexed like no other. Judging by the fact that ladder roof racks are mounted to the extreme front and back of the vehicle I doubt I'll find too much up there besides the mounting points for the factory rails. But, after talking to some people on the HHR forums, even they don't like using large racks on the roof.
By Boomerjinks
ChevyEcto1 wrote:HHR's don't have a whole lot of roof support. . .
I think the New Hampshire HHR is a work of art. Image
By Chace
Boomerjinks wrote:I think the New Hampshire HHR is a work of art. Image

Agreed...the rack is BAD ASS one of the MOST bad ass of all non caddy ectos and the addition of the slimer ice cream truck sign is pure genius!

Also props to Boomer for using a "somethingawful" emoticon....I may not be active anymore...but I know.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]