By BigMac
Does anyone know where to find magnetic no ghost logos for car doors?

I want something that can be very easily taken on and off the car. Also I need it to be small because the car doors have those trim lines about halfway up them making the surface uneven for a magnet to be stuck on.

I thought about trying to make home made ones but I don’t think they would be tough enough. If there is no where to find magnetic no ghost logos does anyone know the best way to make home made ones?
By Boomerjinks
Local sign-making companies are your best bet. You'll have to go in and ask them, and provide vector art of the logo. If you want to save even more money, try vinyl graphics. They are usually one-tenth of the cost of a magnet, and can be removed when you're done. I just replaced one of the logos on my car and the sticker left no trace at all.
By BigMac
I definitely want this to be cheap in price and the sticky paper logo idea is the cheapest but the problem with that is after a few times putting it on and off it won’t hold anymore. I’m thinking if it’s possible to buy magnetic material in sheets then I could just put the sticky paper logo on the magnetic sheet and then cut it to the shape of the logo.

I need to be able to take it on and off each time I come home because my mom and others will comment about it if they see my car sitting in the driveway with the GB logo on it. You know how it is :blush:
By whoyagonnacall11
BigMac wrote:I definitely want this to be cheap in price and the sticky paper logo idea is the cheapest but the problem with that is after a few times putting it on and off it won’t hold anymore. I’m thinking if it’s possible to buy magnetic material in sheets then I could just put the sticky paper logo on the magnetic sheet and then cut it to the shape of the logo.

I need to be able to take it on and off each time I come home because my mom and others will comment about it if they see my car sitting in the driveway with the GB logo on it. You know how it is :blush:
The problem with cheap is it is just that....cheap. I paid $60 for my vinyl no ghost logos. They're semi permanent. They've withstood carwashes and this bitter winter with all its slush and ice. I'm told they CAN be removed by applying heat from a hair dryer. Also YES I took alot of crap from my parents and some other adult, but I ultimately said forget em. WEAR THAT LOGO PROUD! lol

Either way your best bet is to get vinyl and have that put onto the magnetic sheets like all of the ribbon magnets they have out there now. It'll be well worth the money instead of having to replace damaged cheap logos.

Here's a picture of mine in case you were wondering. That's after a year of it being on there and still bright as ever
http://www.gbfans.com/images/pb/DonnieD ... Ectox1.jpg
By Boomerjinks
You're not going to find magnetic sheets without paying out your ass. Buying a magnetic sheet and then printing graphics onto them would actually be more expensive than choosing one or the other, actually. When I priced my car I wanted to do magnetic logos, but the fact that they were $64 each deterred me. Plus, the risk of having the logos stolen off the car was kinda scary. Vinyl graphics will be single-use ONLY, pulling them off generally stretches them and ruins the adhesive.

I agree with the above poster, if you're afraid of consequences or judgment for something you do, you may as well not do it at all, especially if you're going to be shelling out big $$$ for it.
By rapidtransit
I bought some magnetic logos off e-bay in Oct. '06.Didn't see any last year so i don't know what happened to the seller.They are very nice quality and I highly recommend going magnetic.
By Boomerjinks
rapidtransit wrote:I bought some magnetic logos off e-bay in Oct. '06.Didn't see any last year so i don't know what happened to the seller.They are very nice quality and I highly recommend going magnetic.
Well, if you can find some already pre-made logos, then freakin' go for it!
By BigMac
If I had the magnetic kind I would only put them on when going to a friend’s house or something and I would take them off when I get there so nobody could steal them. I Just thought of an idea but I’m not sure if it would work or not.

Maybe I could take I bunch of those refrigerator magnets and stick them to the back of a sticky paper logo. Then laminate the sticky paper logo so that it would be save from water and stuff. You know those refrigerator magnets that usually have some business card printed on them or something. They are thin and slightly flexible.

I just don’t know how well it would hold.
By Vinster
Hey i saw these things in the local supermarket that i might use to do magnetic logos. Its a magnetic wrap around for your mail box. They sell them with lame landscapes and stuff on them to decorate your mail box...but its pretty big and all one peice...not sure the price yet. But might be another option for you. Just put the vinyl logo on that and your good to go.
By BigMac
I did it!

I found big square shaped magnets at a Dollar Tree store and they worked great.

So far I only got up to 55MPH with them on but they held on firmly at that speed so I think it’s good. The entire back surface is not covered with magnetic material but I think there is enough to hold it on. I had to add an extra little magnet on the ghost’s hand because it folds up off the car at about 40MPH. I still haven't tested it though with the magnet on the hand yet but I’m pretty sure it will work.

I don’t have a colored printer so I had to hand paint the red part of the logo which took 5 coats of paint to look like one solid shade of red.

Also I put a clear sheet of sticky paper over it to make it water prove and UV ray protected.

Only cost me $3.15 with tax included.
By EctoTrk
AWSEOME DUDE! and at $4 total thats awesome. i bought mine both for $50, and i could go up to around 90 mph or so with them on, theyll hold up dude!
By tobiasjenn
hey my uncle has a screen printing business and he made 3 for my xterra. two for the doors, and one for the back hatch. If enough people want them he said he will look into the copyright and try to get it so he can start selling them. I think they turned out really awesome IMO. Everyone around town seems to like them too. Its fun to watch ppl turn their heads when you drive by lol. He said that as long as no air can get under the magnets i.e on a hump or something on your car. they should stay on. He said he has only had one person have magnets that he made for them fall off but that was only because they left it on for like 3 years or something and never took it off.

By GBEctoSlime167
tobiasjenn is it possible for your uncle to make me two no-ghost magnets and i'll ship you the money? I need an estimate cost on them. Thanks!
By featofstrength
i used to have magnetic logos on my car...I think you can make out where one was on the back of my car up to last Friday's run in with a 16 yr old running a stop sign. Car totaled and magnet nowhere to be found at the scene.
By NeoSaturn
I got bored made my own and for cheap

The regular no ghost magnet I got off ebay last year for 11 dollars. The custom one cost me 2.77 each(with bonus smalls ones with the extra cutoffs) Size is about 9 1/2 inches wide

By darkclaw27
yeah I ended up buying these 8" Ghostbusters No Ghost Magnet Logos on eBay last week. This guy has been selling them for over a year now. Very popular but its like $11 PER MAGNET. Good thing about these compared to other cheap "make your own" ones is that these magnets are made of rubber, not vinyl. So they will stay on longer at faster speeds.

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]