By elsoldao7
Decided to finally make a "pre-Ecto" from an opened Hot Wheels Ecto-1 while I decide what 1/24 Pre-Ecto diorama I want to make. http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 13&t=29420

Started out with opening the Ecto & the loaner ambulance.
Matchbox '63 Cadillac Ambulance

I chopped the light bars of the Ecto & the top beacon from the Matchbox with a Exacto Saw. I also did away with the blue windows & will replace them with clear plastic from the Minimates packaging.

Transferd the Matchbox wheels to the Ecto, I'm also gonna use the Matchbox's interiors.

I coverd the top holes with Testors Putty (shoud've used epoxy, it dries MUCH faster). While I waited for it to dry & harden, I went ahead & painted the Matchbox interiors & the HW headlight & undercarrage.
ImageImage

With the putty finally hardend I sanded it down & gave the body a spray of Dark Gray automotive primer & Testors Gunship Gray for the 'patches'. Painted the window area & roof lights silver.
*For the hardcore screen accurate club, I know that the movie car diddn't have the rear roof lights, I decided to leave them on because 1. I diddn't feel like grinding them down. and 2. I think an ambulance should have those rear lights anyway.

<-More to come->
Last edited by elsoldao7 on March 28th, 2012, 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
By EctoTrk
BAD ASS!!!!!!!!
By elsoldao7
I'd say its pretty much done!
:wrongforum:

I misplaced the roof beacon I got off the 'loaner ambulance', so I had to improvise. I sacrificed a small green LED. I cut off the terminals & sanded
the top so I could get it flat, then painted it with stoplight red & chrome silver. I think it came out pretty good!

The windows are scratch built from some leftover minimates box plastic (yes, even the front windsheild), painted tan from the inside to simulate curtains.

*Secret project in the background*More to come*
By EctoTrk
Dude. AWESOME!
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]