By Boomerjinks
If I'm making a Ghostbusters truck, it will be one that allows me to do this with the Magnum.
By belldandy4087
Some_Guy wrote:I'm gonna flatout say it.

This idea is awful.
why? what is so horrible about my idea? i seriously made this thread to get opions on why or why not to consider this project. I admit sometimes somethings sound cool in theory but arnt practicle. I just am tired of members saying that its a bad idea without giving feedback as to why.
By Boomerjinks
I toss that question right back at you. Why would it be a good idea? What is the motive, the purpose behind the creation of such a vehicle?

Also: ONLY ONE PROBLEM CHACE
By Boomerjinks
I think we all know, deep down in our hearts, that no matter what the original intention was, an Ecto command unit would come out looking like this.
By ProtonCharger
ProtonCharger wrote:that look like its reasonable to maneuver at really high speeds. having a 55" hd tv in your ecto is very important.
excuse me. i need to fix what i said earlier.

that looks like its reasonable enough to maneuver sharp corners at high speeds and a 55" hdtv should be in every ecto with no regard to its actual purpose. you need a hammock next to your comuter desk. then you have it all.

thats practicle feedback.

here's some more
Boomerjinks wrote:I have to believe that anyone with the capability to make this idea into a non-horrible reality would stop themselves and put the time/money/effort into something actually cool.
have fun playing in the back of a uhaul.
By azmyth
This is not a good idea. I'm agreeing with you again boomer! Holy Shrapnel!

The purpose of ecto fan vehicles are to get the same response the ghostbusters would have gotten when they pulled up to an event. Noone at your events is going to care that you have a box truck with a 55" tv inside it. I want to put a HDTV in my ecto, but for the same reasons as most people do it.. not because it would serve a "ghostbusting" purpose.. But to entertain people who might be riding back there for long periods of time. I know you don't want to do what everyone else is doing, but I think you'd be smart to just find a decent car to build on, and make a traditional custom ecto, like both Chace and Boomer have done. The idea here is to get attention from people at car shows and events you might attend. Noone actually "busts" anything, so trying to make a FBI ghostbusters truck is not going to be met with much praise.
By Ray Stanz GB
is this Pimp My Ecto?
By Ron Daniels
The Ecto-Containment Unit used a significant amount of power and we saw what happened when you removed power from the equation - it went boom. In the words of Egon, "like dropping a bomb on the city . . "

I get the idea of a support vehicle - and to some degree a mobile containment unit, but at the size and scale you are talking about it just doesn't make good sense. We've got two movies, two cartoon series, a videogame, several runs of comic books, and numerous other publications - at what point has a mobile command unit been needed?

Most of the advantages you have with this setup are easily incorporated into most Ectomobiles. You have in theory all of these sensors, you can put a laptop under the seat, pack an extra pack and a couple of traps . . . and if you really wanted you could have a tv too! In a much smaller application. Thats why this doesn't make sense.
By ProtonCharger
69428scj wrote:I had always considered the Ecto as a "mobile command unit" anyway considering all the doodads on the roof rack and inside the car...
thats what it is.
By Ketchum
Just get a camper. Or something like that. Not some giant truck that you need a cdl to drive.
By Carpeteria
Hey guys - what about an Ecto Boeing 747? You know, since there's so many international franchises now, what if there's some SERIOUS ghost emergency, and they all need to be in one place at once? Here's something I threw together - let me me know what you think:

I'm not sure if I included enough HDTVs in the plans or not, so any constructive criticism would be appreciated.
Tyrael, Vincenzo330 liked this
By Ketchum
Needs a huge light bar more caution tape, and the stripper pole from iron man.
By Skyknight
Carpeteria wrote:Hey guys - what about an Ecto Boeing 747? You know, since there's so many international franchises now, what if there's some SERIOUS ghost emergency, and they all need to be in one place at once? Here's something I threw together - let me me know what you think:

I'm not sure if I included enough HDTVs in the plans or not, so any constructive criticism would be appreciated.
That would just be silly. So how SERIOUS can ghost emergency become without actually destroying everything that ever existed? Remember, it only needed the original four guys to send Gozer back to its plane, and that one had almost godlike powers. No need for all franchises to be all in the same place.
By cowbybill
Skyknight wrote:
Carpeteria wrote:Hey guys - what about an Ecto Boeing 747? You know, since there's so many international franchises now, what if there's some SERIOUS ghost emergency, and they all need to be in one place at once? Here's something I threw together - let me me know what you think:

That would just be silly. So how SERIOUS can ghost emergency become without actually destroying everything that ever existed? Remember, it only needed the original four guys to send Gozer back to its plane, and that one had almost godlike powers. No need for all franchises to be all in the same place.
sure they do..all you can eat rib night at the sizzler..or .25 shooters at hooters!
By Carpeteria
Skyknight wrote: That would just be silly. So how SERIOUS can ghost emergency become without actually destroying everything that ever existed? Remember, it only needed the original four guys to send Gozer back to its plane, and that one had almost godlike powers. No need for all franchises to be all in the same place.
Sure. Unless maybe there were ONE HUNDRED GOZERS?!?! At ONCE?!? Didn't think about that, did you? Silly, indeed.

It's sad that you're be so quick to let the entire planet be destroyed over the relatively simple construction of the ECTOBOEING-1, which is clearly necessary for serious, international Ghostbusting emergencies.
By cowbybill
Someone needs to build an Ecto space shuttle for those pesky ghosts on mars or those interdimensional crystal skull dudes that lived in that mayan temple
By ProtonCharger
this is THE ideal ghostbusting mobile headquarters. i would see the possibility of busting ghosts whilst flying.

because ghost fly. havent any of you ever read a book?
By SPJ
From a cost cutting stand point I would say drop the 55". Use a couple 10" BW screens to link into remote camera's so you could monitor locations your team wasnt actively in. It would also save you some juice too.

Mobile Ecto Containment Unit..... Yeah isnt that what the Extreme GhostBusters used the garbage truck for in the series finale? Think of the scale of that sucker. I just dont see it being feasable.

One idea I always thought would be useful would be a box like device with EMF detectors, a remote controlled dvr camera, a PKE meter, just to name a few gadgets that one could simply drop in a room and either by wire or other means control/monitor. Call it a "Bust Box" or something. Heck throw a trap on just for good measure.

Also U-Haul and similiar agencies sell older trucks from time to time. Instead of Rent-A-Wreck you could own one. For a cheaper price. I am not saying your idea is a bad one, but I wont endorse it either.
By Boomerjinks
Carpeteria wrote:Image
You are my favorite new user ever.

I love you.

You make up for everyone else.
By Carpeteria
Thanks! You can prove your love by pledging your donation to the ECTO BOEING-1 foundation, newly established by ProtonCharger who (I hope I'm not betraying any trust here) has committed a grand total of five dollars ($5 USD) to get this project off the ground. Many thanks to PC for this generous contribution.

Won't you give?
By Ketchum
Screw all that! Getting a Aircraft carrier. USS Venkman, holds all franchises and tons of gear.

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]