I am very excited with a new feature of Ghostbusters Fans that I have been working on for the last few days. It will change the way we view the movie and find information about it online. I won't give away exactly what I am working on, but I do need your help to create it. There will be several steps where you can help build this new feature and I am ready for your help with the very first one.

Step #1: Accumulate Screen caps for every part of the movies.COMPLETE

I have taken a screen cap for nearly everything that happens in both films. That's over 5000 screen caps in total for both GB and GB2. However, I don't have time to go through them all and delete the duplicates or the blurry shots or the bad shots.

That is where you come in.

I have created a voting system that will allow you to preview these screen caps and decide which ones are worth saving and which ones should be deleted. There is a load of criteria for deciding what is a good screen cap and what is a bad one, so be sure to review that before starting. Just remember, we want a screen cap for each part of the movie. That's each shot, each take, each scene, and each thing worth seeing and sharing online.

Lets get started.

Ghostbusters: http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters/screen-caps/beta/Completed.
Ghostbusters 2: http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters-2/screen-caps/beta/Completed.

Those who complete all the screen caps (and contribute to this new site feature) will get a Supporting Membership for participating.

Step #2: Tag images with useful information..

Now that the screen captures are all done (and for the most part sorted through). I have added a system that will allow you to tag the images with useful information. Useful information are things that people would be searching for later on. They include: Character Names, Actor Names, Locations (Filming locations, and fictional locations), Props / Equipment (if it has a Proton Pack in the shot tag Proton Pack).

That's pretty much it. Several of the screen caps have been done already. We recommend clicking the "Go to next screenshot without any tags" button. Do not post duplicate tags. Do not tag descriptions. Do not tag quotes. Hopefully just 1 or 2 people can go through and tag things then there will only be a few things for people to tag.

Ghostbusters: http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters/timeline/tags/beta/
Ghostbusters 2: http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters-2/ti ... tags/beta/

It is very important that you use existing tags. We have pre-populated it with several tags. For example we have tagged "Dr. Peter Venkman". Please use "Dr. Peter Venkman" as the tag. Do not tag with "Peter Venkman" or "Pete Venkman" or "Venkman" this will result in multiple tags and will not be helpful.

Feel free to post if you have any questions.
Grimmy GB liked this
Just started on this. I plan to do it a little bit at a time.

So far, I've settled on image 4 for the Columbia screen and 13, 14, 15 and 16 for the early scene at the library.
charlesbaby2001 wrote:I am finished with both. Now I am in the mood to watch them.
Thank you!

Once all the votes are in (I'm hoping for over 50,000) I will go through and give out some Supporting Memberships.
Alright, dumb question alert: Can I just click away and vote on the screen caps without having to list what I've voted on? It should take care of itself, right?

Just wanted to make sure. I plan to participate, but it'll only be as time permits. (And I don't want to pick anything that doesn't meet criteria, of course.)
Smits wrote:Alright, dumb question alert: Can I just click away and vote on the screen caps without having to list what I've voted on? It should take care of itself, right?
Yes.

There is absolutely no need to post what you have voted on.
i could be wrong, but something seems a little funky with ghostbusters 2 screens.

the voting seems all over the place.... more so than it was with gb 1 (most of the shots people agreed on)

i feel like what im voting for the correct picture....

screencap #93 for instance is a shot of of a boom box, and we have 76% say its a duplicate (but its the only picture of a boom box)

also, when im on screenshot #93 the address for it is actually http://www.gbfans.com/ghostbusters-2/sc ... a/92/#vote

(notice 92 which is a picture of ray..... which IS a duplicate...)

how can i fix this so im not messing with the end results?
and is this happening to anyone else??
You vote on the image you are looking at.

Screen Cap #93 is the boombox and most people say "Keep It". Screen Cap #92 is of Ray and people say Keep it. Ignore the URL... Just vote based on what image you see.

We are at over 42,000 votes now. Lets keep it coming! We need more people to work through to the ends of the movies. Lots of people start GB but don't finish it. So some people will need to start in the middle of GB.. and lets not forget about GB2!
ive noticed there are alot of keep it's for screen caps with no useful information.

these are for reference right? because im seeing plenty of these with 100%:

the blurry back of her fuzzy head is very useful information.

this blurry picture is filled with useful information.

i wonder how useful this picture of the blurry ceiling would be for people looking to copy the ceiling tile pattern?

that's such a nice image of a city street.

look at all that wonderful detail behind all that blur.

cockroach cigar guy sure is neat huh? so good, we need three frames of him.

backs of heads! awesome!

i think you get the idea.

i also noticed that the first time we saw louis, it was a large number percentage of delete.

or am i completely totally and utterly wrong, and we are supposed to just click "keep it" for every scene except for blurry ones? when did 3 minutes from a movie with rick moranis become not important?
ProtonCharger wrote: or am i completely totally and utterly wrong, and we are supposed to just click "keep it" for every scene except for blurry ones? when did 3 minutes from a movie with rick moranis become not important?
I'm hoping this is just an initial pass to quickly qualify images into catagories that are easy for AJ to sort through and that a second/third/fourth pass will be made to actually pick out good/useful images.
Jack is partly right.

It might take another pass or two to find all the duplicates and select the best ones.

The goal however is to have a shot of each point in the movie. Partly for reference, partly for quotes, partly for tidbits and trivia.

I envision next to a screen cap of the first appearance of Louis for it to say:

"Louis Tully. Played by Rick Moranis.
The character of Louis Tully was originally supposed to be played by.... etc."

Ultimately. It will be possible to delete a screen cap.. insert a better one.. etc. It will have no affect on the way the whole thing is organized as images and data will be seperate.
AJ Quick wrote:Jack is partly right.

It might take another pass or two to find all the duplicates and select the best ones.

The goal however is to have a shot of each point in the movie. Partly for reference, partly for quotes, partly for tidbits and trivia.

I envision next to a screen cap of the first appearance of Louis for it to say:

"Louis Tully. Played by Rick Moranis.
The character of Louis Tully was originally supposed to be played by.... etc."

Ultimately. It will be possible to delete a screen cap.. insert a better one.. etc. It will have no affect on the way the whole thing is organized as images and data will be seperate.
I've been voting firstly on the quality of the pic. Even if it's the back of one of the Guys heads, but he's looking at something (i.e. crowd), or even a good clean establishing shot of a street. I might still give it a keep it rating. if there are two similar establishing shots of a street, I try to mark the second as a duplicate.

In several scenes, though, there may be several shots of...say...Venkman sitting there talking. Each picture is him sitting in the same spot, but each picture tends to have a different facial expression and the problem is, they might all be great. So I'll often mark several pictures in the same set as keep. Though I still do actually look at the shot and determine a) if it's blurry and/or b) if eyes are closed and/or c)any other problems. In those cases I do mark appropriately.
Dr. Ray Stantz wrote:Anyone else reciting the movie in their head as you flip through? hahaha
You wanna hear something really bad, I've seen GB1 so often I don't watch it with the regular audio track anymore, just the commentary track. And I've seen it so many times, I can quote parts of the commentary tracks while going through the pictures.

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]

I'd use some putty. Yeah. I'm sorry, I'm not […]