By DefenderDarko
I'm actually from Oklahoma, and all throughout the 2000's, it wasn't unusual to see them out on the highways a lot. I actually ran across Sean Casey's TIV and TIV 2 a few times near El Reno a few years ago.

But yeah, off topic.

Back on topic? I ran into the most obnoxious Texan yet. Short fat 40 something buying cases of beer at a 7/11. Walks up to me with attitude, demanding to know 'What I'm doing out today". I automatically know he's an idiot, hasn't watched a movie in his life, and thinks that I'm a Storm Chaser. He has a weird attitude right off the bat. I just tell him I'm not a storm chaser, it's a Ghost Busters vehicle.

I get a 'bleh' and he waves me off.

As if his life is actually interesting.
By DefenderDarko
Fifthrider wrote:<smirk> That deserves to be posted in the thread about Driving Around In Ectomobiles.
I think the two topics have started running together in my head...

Here's a valid rant.

The cart pushing girl at Albertson's decided to throw my case of water into the floorboard, smashing against my amp and tearing all the wires lose. I get to fix that now.
By Kingpin
Fifthrider wrote:<smirk> That deserves to be posted in the thread about Driving Around In Ectomobiles.
A little wiggle room doesn't hurt anyone, as long as the topic gets back on course.

TexasBuster wrote:cart pushing girl at Albertson's decided to throw my case of water into the floorboard, smashing against my amp and tearing all the wires lose. I get to fix that now.
Did you complain to her supervisor?
By gb4ever
Has anyone else had any issue with people trying to steal parts from their ecto? I found some guy trying to pry off the tail light housings from my project one morning last week. I had to chase him away with a tire iron. He didn't get my housing but he totally dented the connecting fin metal.
By DefenderDarko
gb4ever wrote:Has anyone else had any issue with people trying to steal parts from their ecto? I found some guy trying to pry off the tail light housings from my project one morning last week. I had to chase him away with a tire iron. He didn't get my housing but he totally dented the connecting fin metal.
From your 59? Isn't it parked in your back yard behind a fence?

So far, I've had no incidents of people really touching the car. Most people are pretty respectful and some actually ask permission before taking pictures. I've only noticed once that my sniffer tower was turn around one day. I assume the person might have been turning it to read the labels on it. Not sure.
By DefenderDarko
Kingpin wrote:
A little wiggle room doesn't hurt anyone, as long as the topic gets back on course.

TexasBuster wrote:cart pushing girl at Albertson's decided to throw my case of water into the floorboard, smashing against my amp and tearing all the wires lose. I get to fix that now.
Did you complain to her supervisor?
I didn't realize it until later when I unpacked everything. I'm not really the type to start trouble, anyhow. No real damage dome, just more annoying wires to fix.
By gb4ever
TexasBuster wrote:
gb4ever wrote:Has anyone else had any issue with people trying to steal parts from their ecto? I found some guy trying to pry off the tail light housings from my project one morning last week. I had to chase him away with a tire iron. He didn't get my housing but he totally dented the connecting fin metal.
From your 59? Isn't it parked in your back yard behind a fence?

So far, I've had no incidents of people really touching the car. Most people are pretty respectful and some actually ask permission before taking pictures. I've only noticed once that my sniffer tower was turn around one day. I assume the person might have been turning it to read the labels on it. Not sure.

Yeah, they apparently jumped the fence, at least that is the way they left when I chased them off.
Kingpin liked this
By DefenderDarko
gb4ever wrote:
Yeah, they apparently jumped the fence, at least that is the way they left when I chased them off.
Well, they shouldn't be hard to spot. Just look for a 1959 Miller Meteor in town that's missing the tail light housings...

Speaking of your home town, I had my Jeep Ecto up there a few times the last two weeks. I was hoping you'd have seen it out.
By gb4ever
TexasBuster wrote:
gb4ever wrote:
Well, they shouldn't be hard to spot. Just look for a 1959 Miller Meteor in town that's missing the tail light housings...

Speaking of your home town, I had my Jeep Ecto up there a few times the last two weeks. I was hoping you'd have seen it out.

I heard that you had it up this way, but I regrettably didn't catch it personally. Everyone that told me they saw it said it was pretty amazing.
By DmsdyMachn
Fifthrider wrote:I got out of the car and shouted "Hey, Trayvon? Get the f*** off the hood NOW!" The entire block got real quiet. Yeah, I know what I said.
Best thing I've read today. People really don't know how to react when someone calls them on their crap.
Fifthrider liked this
By tulsaecto1
To gb4ever: Man that sucks that someone would try to steal part of it... Glad you got to it before they succeeded in taking parts...

I had a similar problem but it was my buddy Mike (kni1ght) stealing the whole car to take it home to play Ghostbusters with his buddies in Claremore, OK. He is very unhappy right now because I moved to Mannford, OK and it is too far for him to come steal the car.... Most people online and in town thing the car is his because of how many times he showed it off and put the videos all over Youtube.

Wish you lived closer to me... We could work on our cars together and I could get you a storage space for yours...
By Fifthrider
Sweet zombie Jesus, your FRIEND stole your car? You can't turn your back on some people.

gb4ever wrote:Has anyone else had any issue with people trying to steal parts from their ecto?
I'm very, very sorry to hear about that Kris. As if it's not enough of an uphill battle and now you've got THAT to deal with too. It sound like you'll need a tarp over the car with tripwires going to an audible alarm or something.

Since my Ecto was made I've had someone break off the mirror and run off proclaiming that they "got a piece of the actual Ecto!"

Before it was built, I was burglarized by V71's former mechanic. When Eric and I went with V71 to first see the car it was at Jerry's repair shop. On that day it had all trim pieces. When we bought it and went to pick it up we were missing parts from the grille, headlight and turn signal housings, tail-light bullets, most of the bulbs, some interior trim. The mechanic seemed to take liberties with parting out a car we just bought, then denied it. This whole Ectomobile thing is an uphill battle from day one.
By DefenderDarko
Maybe it's a Texas thing, but people don't touch my car around here.

Then again, no part of my Jeep is a valuable collector's item to Cadillac enthusiasts.

Kris, maybe you should get a dog? My dog would tear someone's throat out for getting in the yard and I DON'T have a warning sign. Ruins the surprise. No spoiler warnings on my fence. I do have a 'no trespassing' sign on my fence, but it doesn't specify why that could be a problem for you.

She's intensely loyal. But not to you.
By gb4ever
Tulsaecto1: I noticed the constant stream of youtube videos stopped recently, I wondered what happened there. For the longest time I had thought that Mike was the owner, they way he talked and acted in those videos. I'm glad you got it back though. It would be nice to work together on these Ecto projects. If I still lived up northeast it wouldn't be a problem...

Bryan: Sometimes I think people tend to forget that in other countries people get their hands cut off for less... It's that kind of blatant disrespect, self entitlement, and/or lack of thinking/caring of others and their property that really makes me sick. I'm sure if they put all the time, money, effort, and care into anything like you did your Ecto, they wouldn't be as idiotically repulsive to other people's stuff.

Texasbuster: A dog might just be my answer. Something in a nice Cujo size and type maybe. I wish it would fit in my garage. If only my garage were just 2 feet longer... I still wouldn't have any room to work, but at least it wouldn't be out there in the open (well besides being behind a fence).
Fifthrider liked this
By DefenderDarko
Let's see...a rant.

I hate the drought. I've spent the last week fixing and replacing things on my roof that have just become rotted or cracked from the heat and lack of moisture around here. It no longer has any wood on it, just PVC board. I replaced all the split lume and zip ties. I'm also no longer using zip ties to secure any part of the rack, just to hold wires in place. I replaced those parts with metal brackets as much as I could.

Anyone have any advice on preparing it for winter season?
By DefenderDarko
I've had two different people refer to my car as "The Ectoplasm" and also refer to the roof rack parts as "Ectoplasm".

The guys in the movie also apparently used the roof rack components as hand weapons.
By venkman30
Lol. I think it's funny when ppl ask me if my car is a storm chasers car or a google car when they are standing beside it and can clearly see the no ghost logo. Some ppl even seem to get a bit upset when they find out the eq rack is fake. The other day I had to laugh cuz there was a bunch of guys walking on the road and u could tell they were drinking but when they moved over and I drove past them the one guy yelled back to the future baby. I just get a kick out of ppl sometimes. But still love my ecto. It's a big hit in my city and surrounding cities.
By DefenderDarko
Speaking of which, what do you guys us as a common answer to "What does it do?"

Not everyone is that impressed with blinking lights.
By Boomerjinks
I am SUPER disappointed that my clever response of "of course it's real, Ghostbusters was based on a true story" soars right over the heads of people like I didn't say it at all. And then they keep asking about real haunted stuff.
Donkey8012, RichLather liked this
By DefenderDarko
Boomerjinks wrote:I am SUPER disappointed that my clever response of "of course it's real, Ghostbusters was based on a true story" soars right over the heads of people like I didn't say it at all. And then they keep asking about real haunted stuff.
Just now this happened. I'm outside testing the lights and sounds and a neighbor comes up. She thinks it's legit, giving me some interview. She sees me drive by, mostly going to get groceries, and believes i'm on actual ghost calls.

Which is kinda awesome but also perplexing.

She also has an exchange student staying with her from the Czech Republic. Turns out he's a huge fan of the movies(loves the first one, thinks the second is okay). He totally gets it. He knows it's for fun. Cool kid.
RichLather liked this
By Boomerjinks
I can't believe I didn't post about the time I came out of a haunted house and there was a guy standing on top of my rear lightbar. I screamed at him, he got down, but his drunk buddies wanted to fight me. When I walked away, the entire Denver Hearse Association was in brawl-mode, wish I could see that...
Seriously? This kinda thing baffles me. You really aren't all that far away from me as far as region goes. No one would dare do something like that here.

And when you said the hearse association was in fighting mode, I just imagine a bunch of industrial/goths with flamethrowers standing at one end...
GothicGeek liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

Both would be out of scale (Mattel too small, DST […]

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]