By Fifthrider
Boomerjinks wrote:I can't believe I didn't post about the time I came out of a haunted house and there was a guy standing on top of my rear lightbar. I screamed at him, he got down, but his drunk buddies wanted to fight me. When I walked away, the entire Denver Hearse Association was in brawl-mode, wish I could see that...
I don't expect anyone here to understand or agree with me about this. My little tryst into law enforcement taught me two important things long ago

1) Don't hesitate. These societal rules imposed against us like "don't hit people" and "always be polite" were fine theories forced onto us by parents and teachers and to a lesser degree the movie Demolition Man. In reality the only thing that works is force, it's just a matter of you coming to that conclusion now or only after beating yourself up by trying all the theoretically "nice" ways first only to see them not work and furthermore bring delight to your tormentors in the pursuit of doing so. Save the time, come full circle and go straight to violence, the language that assholes understand.

2) Don't be afraid of the consequences. On more than one occasion I've felt that adrenaline rush accompanied by the notion "I'll go to jail but it'll totally be worth it." Idiots are VERY afraid of the man who has nothing to lose, doesn't fear consequences, and responds quickly. You might go to jail, you might get a black eye, but you might also leave an impression. Even the loser in a fight is remembered as not being a pussy who rolled over and let people walk on them. He tried.

That having been said, I have physically grabbed people and pulled them off of my car before on numerous occasions. They were legitimately surprised that someone didn't let them do what they wanted. One very drunk 40-something woman out with her haggard sex-in-the-city looking friends ( looked like a pack of wrinkled leather purses with legs ) said she'd sue me for battery. I offered to sue her for tampering with private property and gave her a good shove as I pulled her off. That got a "Hey, you can't do that to a lady!" to which I told her I don't see one around. This is where I expect to lose most readers of what I've said. The modern sentiment of today's people seems to be not to do certain things under any circumstances but I refute this programming. When people do something stupid like climb on your car you are just fine to put your hands on and pull them off. Anything less of and now you're as much a victim of your own societal values as you are of their desecration of your property.

Also, I wouldn't want to find myself up against Zach Helm's hearse army in a fight. I'd like to think they would understand everything I just said above.
Chace, DmsdyMachn, Kingpin and 3 others liked this
By njukgb
TexasBuster wrote:Seriously? This kinda thing baffles me. You really aren't all that far away from me as far as region goes. No one would dare do something like that here.

And when you said the hearse association was in fighting mode, I just imagine a bunch of industrial/goths with flamethrowers standing at one end...
And you would not be far wrong with your imagination :-)
Cool bunch though.
By Bob Wobbaz
Fifthrider wrote: They were legitimately surprised that someone didn't let them do what they wanted.
This X 1000000. Though I don't have an ecto I can completely sympathise with what you guys that do must go through. I've had enough assholes at events randomly go to grab at parts of my equipment, PKE, trap, thrower off the pack. They look absolutely dumbfounded when you tell them to back the hell off. I had one guy at an event insistent that I let him handle at least something of my equipment. I told him I don't have to do jack, it's my stuff. People act as if they have some right to do this because the films are as much a part of their pop culture as they are ours yet completely disregard the time, hard graft and money gone into building these things. It's just completely disrespectful of other people's property. Sorry to segway with pack stuff but just wanted to say that I can understand what you guys go through, really do. It's a testament to how much you guys love this hobby and what you do to continue doing it considering what jerks will do to your cars
Matt Campbell liked this
By Boomerjinks
This was probably posted in the 2K thread, but it bears repeating here.

If you're looking for a way to run the lights on your Ecto for a prolonged period of time, say at a convention or other indoor event, pick up a Black and Decker 25-amp battery charger.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/BLACK-DECKER ... 5yc1vZc8m6

Lightbars consume an unholy amount of power, especially halogens, and there's some events where you can't keep your alternator going to charge the battery.

At a show I will typically unhook all of the car system-related wires from the batter, leave the Ecto accessories attached (which is incredibly easy now with a blue-top marine battery that has separate posts for the accesories), and connect one of these babies up. With the Magnum it's extra easy because the battery is in the trunk, with tons of space for the charger - might be more difficult finding space for it in the engine bay.

I've been using these since 2010. I used to just buy one and return it, over and and over, eventually AJ gave me one as a gift so I've had one on hand ever since.

They aren't perfect, but they are way better than a trickle charger or having to re-do all of your wiring into a 12v power supply or inverter. If left on long enough your battery will still die, but then it's just a matter of switching the lights and sound off for a half hour and letting the charger do it's work.
By venkman30
This mite not be perfect but I keep a fully charged transport battery in the back of my ecto. With some jumper cables just incase. Yes these light bars do drain a lot of power from the car battery. Luckily I haven't drained my battery to the point that it won't start the car. Plus I haven't had anyone try to climb my car yet either. Only had a few chicks lay across the hood for some pics. I think I would loose my shit if I found some drunk asshole trying to climb my car.
By kurisu7885
Right now I'm feeling like one of the few people who's parents taught him to not touch another's property without permission.

My first trip to Motor City Comic Con, I got my picture taken next to an Ecto 1, and I got to wear a pack.

I did not touch it, I did not lean on it, I got my picture taken NEXT to it, and I'm sure others tried to do worse. Was also respectful of the pack as a member of the crew helped me put it on and take it off.

Hell, last year at the Detroit Fanfare I gave every car at least a foot between me and it, the possible except being when I stood next to KITT with my gun drawn, even then I didn't touch the car.

ALso definitely sad to confirm that there are people who hate Ghostbusters and will happily destroy the property of others.

As for the guy trying to steal a part, well ,for all we know that dick was going to sell it for scrap.
Maybe its a local thing, but people don't really touch my car around here. I've had it out all over the place and it has been fine. They do the car picture equivalent of hover-hands and stand about an inch away from the door when posing in front of it. The only person who's ran into it is me. My pack has taken some paint off the car before. I actually shortened my shockmount to try to cut down on that.
TexasBuster wrote:Maybe its a local thing, but people don't really touch my car around here. I've had it out all over the place and it has been fine. They do the car picture equivalent of hover-hands and stand about an inch away from the door when posing in front of it. The only person who's ran into it is me. My pack has taken some paint off the car before. I actually shortened my shockmount to try to cut down on that.
Same thing I've seen with the car showings I've been to, people didn't generally touch the vehicles.

Only time I saw this broken was at a monster truck show where the pit crew were telling people to get off the tires during the pit party before the show started.
No one around my area touches my car either. Only two ppl have but they asked me for permission first so they could pose for pictures. I've even had an elderly man with his two young grandsons stop by my place befor asking if they could look at the car and meet the ghostbuster who owns it. It's a great feeling to see something you build bring south happiness to so many people. Especially when it becomes known and lived in your community.
Boomerjinks wrote:This was probably posted in the 2K thread, but it bears repeating here.

If you're looking for a way to run the lights on your Ecto for a prolonged period of time, say at a convention or other indoor event, pick up a Black and Decker 25-amp battery charger.

Agreed, I have one too. It's in the car at all times and about every 4-5 trips I need to pull the secondary battery and charge it just to be safe.

When at indoor events I unhook both batteries. The entire car ( minus the rotators ) runs by a single 110v input from the walljack. I plug in a 700watt computer supply and attach the outgoing 12v power lines ( alligator clips on both ends ) to the heartboard in my car. Somewhere in your car you should consider having a junction block where all 12v accessories come from/to. If you do then just connect your 12v computer supply input to that and you're set.

In my case I can't run rotators because they draw way too much power. In Boomer's case -or anyone who runs a lightbar that doesn't rotate- you could probably get away with running that as well.
Boomerjinks liked this
PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]