Well guys,

I got the photos of the rear inner quarter panels that were officially finished YESTERDAY. They look FANTASTIC!

I could not be more thrilled! My car was a 1960 and the year-long process of making the rear-end of the car is complete...I didn't know how Roger could possibly pull it off, but with a true 59 M&M for reference, he did it...it's so beautiful.

I'll have another update soon...LOTS of things are happening.
XxEctOxX, Ecto-1 fan, drjameshouse and 1 others liked this
So Harshman gets more karma for saying he needs to ride in the car than I do for actually posting pictures of the car? What is the world coming to?!
gbmatt, Dan AKA liked this
He has alternate accounts that he uses to give himself karma.

This car is frickin beautiful man.
SabaSka109, Daniel liked this
SabaSka109 wrote:So Harshman gets more karma for saying he needs to ride in the car than I do for actually posting pictures of the car? What is the world coming to?!
The power of the Snack King, King of Snacks compels you!
SabaSka109 liked this
Well guys,

I showed you pictures of work on the dash before but here are the latest (fresh off the stove):

What you see there is the original 1959 dash clock - it has been cleaned up and it STILL WORKS. That's not necessarily such a big deal, but when you're getting your stuff from a parts car, it sure as heck is.

Here's a shot of the dash assembled even more (boy, it will look so much better when the real 1959 steering wheel is restored and installed):

The next batch of photos should be coming along soon (I've got them, but I'm waiting for the rest of the photos to show the progress of that particular part of the build).
Chace liked this
Gentlemen, I have returned again. As always, lots of things are happening. A few posts back someone made mention of the drip rails for the car and how it would be interesting to see how I'd have them replicated...

Well, I've got the drips rails, but these things are a PAIN IN THE ASS.

It turns out that these were made to be screwed in from the outside. Unfortunately, the screws are concealed by a lip - I know this from how much fun I had removing the drip rails from the car they came off of. Roger tried to heat the rails (they are aluminum), and soon found that doing so is warping them a bit too much to the point that it will be impossible to get them on the car without them looking like crap. That being said, he makes drip rails for many of the cars he modifies and will use these authentic drip rails to replicate a new set to apply to my car. As he has made everything else look flawless, I have no worries about him replicating the drip rails - I KNOW he can do it.

I'm also talking with Roger about having these babies replicated in correct coloring by the same guy who replicated the new dash...

The process continues!
Daniel liked this
Just another quick update.

First off, I wanted to post a photo of the rear of the car as the rear quarter panels have been blocked and it's all ready for primer! Yes, the back of the car has been completed:

Also, I've landed a very awesome garage for the car - a big upgrade from my current garage. You could easily fit 2 Ecto's in here with plenty of room left over:

That is a view from a small second-floor/loft area.

And here's a good panoramic shot:

Overall, it's cheaper than my current place, more hidden, and much easier to get the car into and out of. All in all I'm pretty stoked to say the least!
Ecto-1 fan, zeta otaku, mburkit and 1 others liked this
By gbmatt
Is it weird that I'm turned on?

Beautiful work
By Kingpin
Do you own it, or are you renting it? If you own it you really should consider doing it up in the Firehouse colour scheme. :)

Good to see the windows it has are one level above the main space, meaning they aren't as likely to compromise the room's security.
Kingpin wrote:Do you own it, or are you renting it? If you own it you really should consider doing it up in the Firehouse colour scheme. :)

Good to see the windows it has are one level above the main space, meaning they aren't as likely to compromise the room's security.
Just renting.

This garage is definitely an improvement of the last one. Its HUGE and actually made it feel like Adam didn't have enough parts to build two Ecto's for a split second, haha.
This thread is the one of the reasons I signed up to the forum!

Loving the pics and the amount of love, care and attention going into this, I'll be keeping a eye on the progress.

Best of luck with the restoration, it seems you're doing it justice!
Ghosthead compadres, I have returned! I don't have a lot of new photos (though a lot is happening as always), but I have some that I think you'll enjoy. What you are about to see is the rear of the car - FINISHED and PRIMERED.

So...what do you guys think? Is it looking sweet or what?

Those of you who follow me on Facebook know that I got into real good with a few idiots within the Cadillac hearse community a few days ago. They trashed us GB Ecto fans pretty good...one of them was a big enough moron to even say she hoped that we all got an STD (yes, this is how stupid some people are). These same people believe that I have ruined the car I started with...sure looks to have turned out beautiful if you ask me!
zeta otaku, Kingpin, jackdoud and 2 others liked this
If you feel really bad about it and want to get rid of the car and hang your head in shame, I'll take care of it so you never have to see that horrible car again.

Or we can hunt these people down and drive by their house late at night and run the siren.

Either or, up to you.

It is definitely looking awesome!!
THEbryon wrote:How dare you save that car from rusting into the ground. You should be ashamed of yourself for returning it to like new conditions. Hang your head in disgust for spending your own hard earned money to fulfill your lifelong dreams.
Not just one, but the best remaining parts of 5 cars.
You know, I started looking for these again the last couple of days.. I saw that same car for sale, same craigslist ad and was very close to buying it before you.

Unfortunately, I don't and didn't have the money to wish the conversion into existance and decided it would be better to pass and let someone more able to do what needed to be done take it.

Who would have thought it would be someone from Bethlehem, PA.

Extra creepy, I also talked to the guy with the curved window parts, originally I think he had a whole parts car on ebay if I recall... almost bought that too...

I was talked out of it. Seems like that all worked out great for you! Wish I didn't want to jump off the martin towers now.
DW,

Your post was a very interesting read...I wasn't sure if it was real until you mentioned the Martin Tower. What I can say is that I had spoken to the person selling the 1960 M-M within a few hours of it posting to Craigslist so you must have seen it posted elsewhere I am guessing. He did mention another interested buyer (a woman). He opted to sell to me when I explained how much I was willing to put into my project.

The parts car I found was indeed for sale a while before I found the guy to obtain the parts I needed from him. I had seen the original auction for it but realized it was too rough to use...I got the best parts left (rear curved glass, mouldings, rear door).

I can't say that I am glad you didn't obtain either car, but I sure am glad they ended up with me. Most people have no idea how much this kind of project costs and most couldn't afford what I have sacrificed. Hopefully you will see the car in person when she is finished.
Ecto-1 fan liked this
Hey everyone, I have returned from an incredible trip to California. What an amazing time. As Egon says: "This is big, Peter...this is very big..."

First and foremost, my buddy Matt and I got to California and spent our first day eating massive burritos (so good) and followed that up with an evening at the Griffith Observatory (an awesome location). If anyone saw the Rocketeer (all of you better have seen it), it's the location of the ending. The great thing about this place is that you literally have to drive through the tunnel that was used as the tunnel to Toon Town in 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' and as the tunnel in which Biff tries to run Marty McFly down after he reclaims the sports almanac in 'Back to the Future, Part II'.

This picture is actually from a few nights into the trip, but I'm mainly showing it because it's me with our buddy Nik. Well, why do you care about Nik you ask? Well, because he's got this:

A beautiful 1963 Cadillac S&S ambulance. This thing is SO MUCH FUN to ride in. People were so caught up over it...I guess the Ecto should generate sickening amounts of envy.

Now, on that note...PHOTOS:

So freaking BIG AND BADASS!

How many times can you look at the same thing over and over? I know, it's boring...but I just love this damn thing so freaking much I have to post any good photo I can find...

Here I am with the car and the incredibly talented guy restoring it:

Here's the dash waiting to be re-inserted:

That was taken out mainly to allowed for installation of certain things. I found out that the 1959 Cadillac steering wheel and horn ring that I have did not fit to the steering column in the car...mainly because it was a 1960 steering column. My buddy Nik (again, the guy pictured above) found out that I needed a 1959 steering column, he made a phone call, and the next day I had one locked up at an insanely low price. Again, Nik is the freaking man.

Alright, I'll be right back with some more photos and some other awesomeness once I have them uploaded!
Let me start this off with another beautiful shot...

I'm a small human being...even more noticeable now...see for yourself:

Now, prepare to clean your shorts...after you S H # T yourselves!

Here is a video tour of my Ecto at present:

And now, TURN ON YOUR VOLUME IF YOU HAVEN'T YET, and listen to my Ecto GROWL - MY FIRST TIME STARTING HER UP!

Yeah, I got a little excited and hit the starter trigger again after it fired up...but I was so freaking excited and wanted to hear the fire-up again and again...and again.

I LOVE THIS CAR!
jackdoud, 910dohead, Daniel liked this
So now I have returned to PA and I have left the Ecto back in California, but she's in great hands and still coming along. As you can see in some of the photos, the spotlight has been installed in the front driver-side fender. I'll make a post about this in the future but I'm tired and need to overcome the remaining effects of jet-lag. My buddy and I did do some cool stuff I didn't post much about on here, and I won't because they are his pictures...all I can say is that we did something EPIC, that no other GB fans have ever gotten to do and saw S H # T that will turn you white. We also visited some other movie-related locations but I figured I'd spare you all from seeing non-related photos. If anyone wants I can post more non-Ecto photos at a later time too. Anyway, enjoy! I hope you watched and loved the videos!

- Adam
The journey from commonplace to Ecto-75.

Whole car is great but the pack trolly...how?

Proton Props???

If anyone here is still pondering ordering from th[…]

I haven't done the new update to the Spirits Unlea[…]

I ended up grabbing one of the 84 wands just t[…]