By DefenderDarko
Hey guys! I posted this in the collectibles forum with updated images as I worked on it, but I don't think a lot of you visit that sub-forum as much, so I figured I could post it here. This took hours of work. The top is mostly scratch-built with some parts from CaptCyan(sniffer, black rack frame, labels).

RichLather, Kingpin, Sutton621 and 3 others liked this
By DefenderDarko
Update! To those who don't watch my custom thread on the other subforum, I made some changed to this car.

1. I repainted some components, like the green tank. I ended up making it lighter and used the same spray that I used on my Jeep Ectomobile, so it actually matches my jeep now.
2. Made new labels. The old ones were wearing out and peeling. I used the same files I used for the vinyl on my Jeep, so it matches there too. Created some new ones, like the meshing on the side of the sniffer tower. I redid the tags in clear decal so they would look metallic against the silver bumpers
3. I rebuilt the radome tower to be thinner. It was actually too thick on the original
4. New wheels! rubber white walls from a diecast toy

Kingpin, Ecto-1 fan, Heroic35 and 4 others liked this
By sulaco76
WOW, great job...love it!

Converting a Kenner Extreme ECTO as I type, will be nowhere as good as yours though.
By DefenderDarko
Thanks!

I'm sure you could do a great job. If you have any questions, please ask
By Jake LeRoy
Great lookin ecto! U gonna do th 1a next? Also where did u find the blue spot lights for it can't seem to find any at the rc store in that size.
By DefenderDarko
Well, my next Ecto-1 project is 22 feet long. Gotta get that one done first :)
By DefenderDarko
I've been making custom figures and stuff for about 20 years, for better or worse. If you put a lot of time and effort in it, it will turn out great. Let me know if I can help, thanks!
By GBfan77
Thanks for the offer. Mine is a little different....No scratch that.... it's completely different in terms of materials and resources. I'm limited when it comes to Both. I can only use what's available which means trips to the Dollar Store, so its of a much lower budget and it shows. But I think the Project has progressed enough to possibly upload a few Pics in a new thread.
By DefenderDarko
GBfan77 wrote:Thanks for the offer. Mine is a little different....No scratch that.... it's completely different in terms of materials and resources. I'm limited when it comes to Both. I can only use what's available which means trips to the Dollar Store, so its of a much lower budget and it shows. But I think the Project has progressed enough to possibly upload a few Pics in a new thread.
If you have a hobby lobby, I can recommend some products...The only items I didn't make from locally available stuff were the sniffer and rack pieces I recycled from one of CaptCyan's upgrade kits, which are great.
CaptCyan liked this
By GBfan77
TexasBuster wrote:
If you have a hobby lobby, I can recommend some products...The only items I didn't make from locally available stuff were the sniffer and rack pieces I recycled from one of CaptCyan's upgrade kits, which are great.
I'm afraid I'm nowhere near a Hobby Lobby, I could check out their online store though. I was wondering where did you get the tires in your latest Ecto pictures? I'm trying to figure out how to have it so All four Ghostbuster figures will fit in the car and the biggest issue has been the Back tires which are too wide to allow leg room for the figures (Times like this I wished the Kenner line had knee joints).

*edit.*

Never mind I just looked through the comments. But what was the scale of the car? was it 1:18?
By kurisu7885
GBfan77 wrote:
TexasBuster wrote:
I'm afraid I'm nowhere near a Hobby Lobby, I could check out their online store though. I was wondering where did you get the tires in your latest Ecto pictures? I'm trying to figure out how to have it so All four Ghostbuster figures will fit in the car and the biggest issue has been the Back tires which are too wide to allow leg room for the figures (Times like this I wished the Kenner line had knee joints).

*edit.*

Never mind I just looked through the comments. But what was the scale of the car? was it 1:18?
If you live near a Joann Fabrics they might have some of that stuff too.
By police-box-traveler
Lovely custom! Probably one of the best Kenner conversions I've seen. Very well done!
By DefenderDarko

The worst part was patching the roof after cutting off the old Kenner gadgets.
By ShaneHelms
Silly question, but I'm just starting work on a project like this myself and I was wondering if you used parts from the Polar Lights kit?
By GBfan77
ShaneHelms wrote:Silly question, but I'm just starting work on a project like this myself and I was wondering if you used parts from the Polar Lights kit?
I'm guessing he didn't because I have both a Kenner Ecto and a Polar Lights model and the Kenner is much larger than the 1/25 scale model.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]