I really, really like how this turned out. It looks really clean and functional. Great choices on aesthetics. It doesn't look like you cut corners even though we all do by some measure when propping.

What part of Texas are you in? I'd love to see this lady lit up with my own eyes!
Thanks for the compliments! It was actually a lot more work than I realized going in...

I currently live in Wichita Falls, which is north of Dallas a couple of hours.
Ahh, good ol Wichita Falls. I use to live in Lawton. Would have been amazing to see it in person if I still lived there.
Yeah i graduated from Lawton High back in 02
zeta otaku liked this
By DefenderDarko
Haven't updated in awhile. Well...Hmm.

I've added a 'Super Slammer' for October only. Kind of a Halloween thing.

I've also redid the rack. It's all PVC with no wood. The directional antenna is more movie accurate now, with a better radome tower. The yellow and greenish pipes have been redone with new decals and are now attached with steel bands. Some decals have changed a lot.

I also have added some beacons to the floor of the rack. I don't have any actual pics of those updates, but I do have this:

I figured it was overdue.

I'll take some new pictures of the rack tomorrow. By the end of the month, I should have a second lightbar mounted and some optional blue domes for my lightbars.

Here's the newest pic I took tonight. It's hard to see the changes to the rack in this one..

zeta otaku, TankHammer liked this
Thanks man :)

I LOVE your car, especially after the upgrades you've done to it.

I haven't been posting here as much lately. Needing two discs in my spine replaced and have no $$ to get it done, so I'm not able to get around much lately. Can't work, so can't pay bills, etc etc. In a rough spot for now...

I do have some updated pictures of the Jeep, though.

Since we've been appearing with the local Hospice at events, we've gotten some recognition. I've had people donate things to add to the car and a friend to help me install them. We've added a satellite dish, another spotlight to the top, some stuff on the hood, etc...

gb4ever liked this
TexasBuster wrote:THANK YOU!

I dream of owning your car. I don't mean that figuratively. I mean literally. It sucks.

So I took ESRV on her first Oklahoma tour around Ft. Sill and Medicine Park(a little native community resort/niche town on the Medicine river near the comanche reservation). It was pretty cool. The roof rack all held up to high speeds and it was REALLY windy yesterday. I did pull the radome and directional dome off for the highway just in case.

While in Lawton, I met up with a Sheriff's deputy who was selling some gear on Craigslist. That's where I picked up this....

ARRROOOOOOOOOOWSTIIIIIIK.

I love it. It was kinda tough to install, but it's awesome. The deputy was a cool guy and gave me some ideas on what to do with the car. I'll be buying more gear from him later on. Also, right from his mouth "As long as the lights aren't on, you can have them there. Amber is always okay. Just not red/blue."

After that, I drove to Medicine Park to let my dog swim in the river and cool off. It was pretty fun. People were taking pictures of the car all day.

Then it finally happened. I got pulled over. The officer in town pulled me over and blocked me in with his monstrous SUV. Then got out with a camera to 'arrest the Ghostbusters'. That drew a bunch of people out and people were taking pictures and having fun. The officer also reiterated that amber is perfectly fine, just no red/blue and don't run them on the highway.

Then I headed home. Dozens of pictures taken on the highway.

Today, I installed the Arrowstik and took it out for a drive. LOTS of pictures taken locally. We had a car show and my repainted jeep was getting as much attention as some beautiful classic hotrods. I also think 12 Braums employees came out to take pics of the ESRV.

You'd think it was a Cadillac or something. Loren must have a REAL blast with his car.

Anyhow, testing all the lights out. It has the Mx7000 with intersection lights, alleys, takedowns, and full rotation. I've also mounted a blinking strobe on the back, and the Arrowstik. Here it is all at once with my hazard lights and driving lights also on. I've started nicknaming it "the Amber Avenger" because of how many amber lights i'm putting on it. Even with everything on, the Jeep shows no signs of losing power or anything. It has a big alternator.

[Youtube]http://youtu.be/QON1Mz8Jnl4[/Youtube]

Siren was low because of noise ordinance. :(

AWWW MAN, I usta be stationed at Ft Sill, I wish I could've been there to see this. The pics are awesome. Great work on the rack especially, but the whole thing is amazing.
By DefenderDarko
Thanks so much :)

I was actually born in Lawton. I live in Wichita Falls, but Lawton was my teen hangout for years.
By DefenderDarko
Glad everything worked out :)

So back on track. Two people from Hospice had bought some blue vac hose from Lowes to go with their Ghostbuster Halloween costumes and they donated the blue hose to me once they were done with it..

And then the ice storm hit. Ecto looks sad out there...

Wow, snow? That was like...not that long ago.

Updated pics. I've walled in the rack, finally, and put new decals on it. It also has correctly colored lights now.

Here she is at the North Texas Comic Book Show with the Ecto-4 blocking the fire lane for 7 hours.

Our little team..

We got to embarrass ourselves in front of Tafetta Darling! Yay!

The only reason we're cool....

Some of the most recent pictures of the Jeep. Added the second lightbar to the rear(traded the Arrowstik for it) and put a center grill on the front bar. I also replaced the center orange beacon with a white LED strobe...It's VERY bright.

By DefenderDarko
We were invited to a Relay for Life event in Electra, Texas.

Marcus trying out the red "Ooze Crew" Containment suit.

Shepard is dodging tornadoes right now! It's been a pretty nasty year for storms, so far.

I've managed to only get the Jeepto in a flashflood once, so far.

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]