By cincypd
I ordered two Code 3 XL lightbars and had them made to spec like the ones used on Ecto 1A. Both lightbars have six rotators but the lightbar on the front of Ecto 1A has Amber, Red and Green filters and the rear lightbar has Amber, Green and Blue filters. I'm attaching a video of the rear lightbar I bought if anyone would like to see it. If you look at my other videos you'll see a video of the front one as well :cool:

Last edited by Kingpin on July 20th, 2013, 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Youtube coding
69428scj, XxEctOxX liked this
By cincypd
It cost me around $1,700 for both lightbars. It might sound pricey but you figure they're brand new and built exactly how they're suppose to be for Ecto 1A. I've got a few other lights for the car too but don't have any video or photos of them right now.
By cincypd
I'm hoping to do an Ecto 1A but i'm only going to do it if I can find a 59 Cadillac Miller Meteor. I know there's alot of vehicles out there people have used to make Ectomobiles out of but if I do it, I want to make it exactly like Ecto 1A in the movie. I credit Loren Baldwin and his beautiful Ecto 1 for making me take on this project. I plan on getting the various parts needed to make Ecto 1A over time to help stager the cost of the project. Loren is actually making the red tube for me for the passenger side of the roof rack.
By ChapterMasterTu'Shan
So you're spending insane amounts of money on the parts to make an Ecto-1A without even having a car to start with? I think you're being a bit over-ambitious by approaching the project that way. IMHO, if you can't get the car, don't spend money on the parts.
jackdoud liked this
By cincypd
Well that's the great thing about the world we live in.... everyone's got their own opinion and do things differently. It's not a matter of being overly ambitious IMHO, it's a matter of making the project work financially. Thank you for your opinion though Chapter Master Tu Shan :walterpeck: Nowrydell what parts have you gotten for your ECTO 1A project?

"Everyone can relax I found the car! It needs some suspension work, shocks, brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear end". "How much?" "Only $4,800" :whatever:
Boomerjinks, ironfist, Ejgunth87 and 2 others liked this
By nowrydell
Well I was saying more that I'm gonna have the same approach. I have just got into the pipefitting trade so this is all a financial dream come true. I will make it happen but I have yet to buy parts for the car. Just finished my pack last year and found out I was going to be making 6 figures so I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that was a negative comment. People who shit on others dreams and goals are usually too chicken shit to have their own. I was laughed at for having a hidden bookcase door in my house too. But now I laugh when people ask me to do it to their house.
cincypd, Ejgunth87, Matt Campbell and 1 others liked this
By cincypd
Yes it's always amusing when people try to force their opinion(s) on others, making it sound like they're right because it's their opinion. You may have already seen this video of Loren Baldwins Ecto 1 but i'll attach it because it's very cool. This is the product of a hard working person who started getting all of the parts needed to make Ecto 1 before the 59 Cadillac was found. And it worked out PERFECT :cool: One thing i'll say to you nowrydell is that you have to keep in mind some parts for 1A are hard to find, which is no surprise. Some are custom made. The main reason I bought the Code 3 XL lightbars when I did is because there's talk Code 3 will be discontinuing them in the near future. I wanted to make sure I could buy them new when I still had the chance. If they haven't discontinued them yet, you may want to buy them while you're still able to. Let me know when/if you're interested and i'll give you the contact info where I ordered mine. They already have the specs set for the 1A lightbars. On a side note, that's very cool about the bookcase door (secret passage). I remember watching the Munsters thinking how cool it would be to have their secret passages in a house. My favorite one was the suit of armor passage way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4berDUsYV0
ironfist, Ejgunth87, Wharin liked this
By nowrydell
Its on YouTube if you wanna see it. Look for Batman mancave. And yes the exact reason I asked was because I don't wanna miss out on the light bars. If I had everything except the light bars it would be a pretty shitty ecto
By cincypd
Just checked out your video you uploaded, very cool! I agree it would suck to have the car and want to do it right but not have the correct lightbars. They're pretty noticeable even to the casual Ghostbuster fan.
By DefenderDarko
ChapterMasterTu'Shan wrote:So you're spending insane amounts of money on the parts to make an Ecto-1A without even having a car to start with? I think you're being a bit over-ambitious by approaching the project that way. IMHO, if you can't get the car, don't spend money on the parts.
Hate to tell you, but pretty much everyone started rounding up parts before they had the car. This is actually pretty common. Some of the best Ecto builds on here started out as a handful of federal sirens and beacons in a garage.

The funny thing though...he spent as much on his lightbars as my entire Ecto Grand Cherokee. Sweet.
Ejgunth87, Vincenzo330 liked this
By cincypd
I am in the process of having the Whelen edge light bar built now for my project. Since my original post reference the code 3 light bars, I have gotten a few more parts necessary for my 1A project. I got the code 3 arrow stick lightbar and controller, which is on the rear of the car. I bought the code 3 560 light, which sits on top the green box at the top of the roof rack. I got the clear Whelen aircraft strobe light which mounts behind the Whelen edge light bar. Bought the four grote lights which were also used on Ecto 1, however, Ecto 1's were blue and 1a's were green. The amber dash laser was another light I bought last year for my project. I still need the two clear strobe lights that mount on the front bumper and the two custom made sign boards to complete the list of lights needed. I'll post some pics when I'm able to.
Matt Campbell liked this
By ramcuda
there is a seller on ebag that has the strobes... he sell just the bottom half.. but there cheap and you can find the glass as well as the blubs threw him ... if you need let me know and ill dig he info up ...
By cincypd
Martin, did you build your ecto using a 59 MM or did you use a different car for your project?
By cincypd
Thanks for the assistance uploading the pics kingpin... I obviously don't know the trick to post them. Maybe it's because I didn't use the magic word! :cool:
By drcaron
cincypd wrote:Martin, did you build your ecto using a 59 MM or did you use a different car for your project?
I use my 1959 Superior but now I am working on my 1959 Miller Meteor so after all the equipment part will be switch to the MM

Martin
By cincypd
That looks really good ! Did you make all the roof equipment yourself or did you buy them from someone? How much work does your mm need to get it looking as great as your superior?
By ramcuda
I think he made it all him self ... his build thread is around here ... I have made most all the stuff on my car ... I think most people that have an Ecto are self built ...
By drcaron
cincypd wrote:That looks really good ! Did you make all the roof equipment yourself or did you buy them from someone? How much work does your mm need to get it looking as great as your superior?
I made all the parts that need to be build here my link to see the build .
http://www.pbase.com/drcaronproplab

My Miller Meteor need much hours of tender love of work and money to complite the projet .
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]