By froggydogg
Hello everyone, first post here!

I really got the urge to add a 1:18 Ecto-1 to my collection recently, and without the funds to spend on the Hot Wheels Elite version I opted to pick up the Heritage version instead. I'm really happy with it and have started painting in some of the details on her missing on this version, with some decals to be applied after. It's my own ignorance, but I've only just noticed that this version is missing the four individual lights of the roof (mainly because most places advertising it use the stock image of the Elite edition).

Now that I've noticed it I can't "unsee" it. Does anyone know of a good place to pick up suitable lights I could use, in this scale? I'd rather not buy an entire kit just for the lights, but it's not out of the realm of possibility. A search only yielded these:
http://www.policecarmodels.com/124spotlights.html, but they look too small on 1:18 vehicles for this purpose.

Any ideas appreciated!
By Kingpin
Those lights you've found don't look bad, but I'd have to see them on a 1/18 scale care to be sure.

Your having bought the Heritage model actually provides an unexpected bonus in not having those four deck lights: you don't need to break them off or carve them out to illuminate them, instead you can craft your own if you have the skills. :)
By froggydogg
Kingpin wrote:Those lights you've found don't look bad, but I'd have to see them on a 1/18 scale care to be sure.

Your having bought the Heritage model actually provides an unexpected bonus in not having those four deck lights: you don't need to break them off or carve them out to illuminate them, instead you can craft your own if you have the skills. :)
Those lights look OK as far as styling (though not accurate), but the pics on that link make them look a bit small on 1:18, but perfect on 1:24. Those are the ONLY thing I could find and wasn't sure if anyone else knew of a good source.

I don't plan on wiring any LEDs so that advantage doesn't work in my favor, though I do wish I was able to make my own.
By Ecto-1 fan
Check ebay for 1/24 off-road model fog lights or driving lamps? Options (and supply) might be limited. Or possibly from an R/C car, but those are 1/12, I think?

I got some 1/24 spotlights, but they were actually going onto a smaller model (1/35th or so), and they were close enough.
froggydogg liked this
    Favorite William Atherton Movie.

"Die Hard" for me! Atherton's po[…]

Also probably different release dates. USA[…]

I like the camo tint. This is the one tint I would[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]