Hello everyone,
Heres a personal project I started drawing up and doing the math on in January or so. I saw Glyn2K's thread on his Ecto today and decided to show my attempt at the same thing. Surprisingly from what its taken to get this car to the point in the photos, i couldve and should've started from scratch with sheet styrene instead. I've determined the size at 1/12th scale should be 20.75" long and about 5.75" wide, so the kenner car has to be widened about .75" all the way down. Just the hood it comprised of 7 rows of both cars cut up, glued, bondo'ed and sanded. Ive said enough, ill just post the pics lol.
I just picked up some evergreen styrene molding and strips to build the roofrack and some great v-grooved sheet in the right scale for all the window molding. Back to work, just looking at this post made me understand how long this will take...
Last edited by Kingpin on March 15th, 2014, 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Foxed forum stretching.
zeta otaku, jackdoud liked this
Thanks guys. I am wondering how to attack the Hood Louvres as well. I'm sure the world of model railroading will provide a solution, if not, I will just cut correctly sized rectangles and add strips of square rod and sand the angles into them. I was also thinking that I could find some 6" scale scuba diving figures at a dollar store for the A6 oxygen tanks. If not, again I have styrene tubing in all sorts of sizes to scratch build them. I'm thinking it would be best to make a larger toy version of the Ecto, as if Kenner made the toy today, but since I'm making 2/3 of this from scratch...it would be a shame not to go 100% model. All in all, its a great problem to have! I'm hoping to post new pictures tomorrow.
Guess who is getting somewhere? Image
And here's the styrene I plan on using for the window molding. I can get 4 ribs this way, the real car has 6
and here is a picture of the underside of the roof and Hood so you guys know how much is involved here if you want to try this yourself.
Hopefully more updates tomorrow ...
Last edited by Kingpin on March 18th, 2014, 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed forum strecthing
Thank you for the tip. I never thought of that issue because I'm using tapatalk to view and post here, which automatically justifies the page for mobile phones. I'm not sure how to edit posts on tapatalk so if a Mod can edit it for me, I'd Def. appreciate it. Ill hit the old fashioned "carriage return" from now on. (How many people under 25 even know what a carriage return is, ha.)
I appreciate it. I couldn't tell either way since its on my mobile app.

I've got to take about a week and a half away from the Ecto because I got a father and son order for 2 Aliens costumes. I will get a little bit done here and there on the car, but nothing worthy of updates I'm afraid.

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]