Okay, I don't have a TON of pics of this but as I mentioned her partly in my introduction post I thought my first post here in the main threads would be of my Trandmasters Ecto-1.

Last week I finally managed to find ALL the parts to my Extreme Ghostbusters Ecto and even though I had her since she was new she was a bit roughed up, though for a toy I hadn't really taken great care of in over 15 years, she has relatively little damage. Once I got all the parts I too her apart and used some scouring powder to clean the body and then washed it entirely. I had to remove the old decals but that was okay, they weren't my thing anyway. I dusted her and ordered some new decals from Stickerfixer here:

http://www.stickerfixer.com/symbols/0001.php

They are clear backed and cut really close to the shape f the symbol. It's the same company that does Reprolabels for Transformers and they are very good. I bought two of the "small" sets for my car.

I reassembled her and once the stickers arrived I put them back on and here she is:

I didn't customize her much past the decals yet. I want to find a single piece molded engine block, something really simple to put in there under the hood and I also want to find something appropriate to replace the odd "missiles" for the top of the racks and at some point I need to get an airbrush ready and carefully mask and touch up some of the silver painted trim here and there on the body but mostly I wanted this toy to look "stock" rather than highly customized. That's my usual style. If you can't tell I did anything to it, then I did my job well, lol.

Anyway, I hope you guys like it.
Dan AKA wrote:Wonderful! I always felt the Ecto-1 was one of the stronger toys in the Extreme Ghostbusters line, and I really like the normal no ghost logos on there rather than the EGB stickers. Simple but nice restoration.
Thanks, Dan. Yeah it was a real surprise to see just how nice the toy turned out. My memory when I was buying it wasn't very good when it came to the Kenner version but I remember being really surprised when I had seen the two in comparison. I really wish they had done Winston, Ray and Peter in that line. I almost bought Egon but decided to wait, but they never did the rest of the boys so Ecto was all I bought.

One of the things I like about vintage toys like the Kenner stuff from the 80's and even those old Dapol Doctor Who toys is just how simple they are and really I just love them for their basic simplicity, lol.

I am glad the old Kenner toys can fit in there though:

Now I just need to find some good vintage Kenner figures to stand outside the car, lol.
That's nice. A very good EGB Ecto-1 restoration. :)
AMC78 wrote:Nice, I was wondering if the kenner ones would fit. May pick up the EGB Ecto for mine then
Yup! It was a somewhat tight fit finagling them in there, but with Egon being so tall, if I can get HIM in there, I can fit any of them in there, lol.
*NormalGamer* wrote:That's nice. A very good EGB Ecto-1 restoration. :)
Thanks! I know some people are put off by there not being any black in the background of the logo, but that's not too bad for me as that was what the original prototype had, so it looks fine for this. I still haven't had a chance to finish this though. I've been a bit busy with selling my house and moving, lol. Soon I hope to have my little toy workshop set up so I can get my airbrush up and running and touch up the paints.
Oh, I'm late as hell to the party, and I'm sorry.

But seriously, I had this one as a kid and I beat the brakes off mine. I regret that sincerely to today.

But it is so cool to see that with all the parts and screen-accurate decals, I'm jealous as hell. Dude, rock on with your bad self.
    Ghostbusters Day 2024

formally announce there will be more comics tease […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last mil[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]

A Victorian Ghostbuster

Since September I put up a new shop building, and […]