Hey guys,

one question, what do you think, is it obligation to have blue, red or other flashing, blinking and Strobe lights on the ectos roof?

I want to decore my Landrover to an ecto when we drive around at halloween and for cons. Normaly its my dalydriver.
In Germany every type of such lights are forbidden, only for Firetrucks, police, ambulance etc.
Not for private cars. So is it ok to boild an ecto without that light?
What do ou think about it?

Best regards
Erik
yeahh... you can buy them but not build on your car legally.
i know this are stupid rules but its germany.
I think a replica should be a US Car, a Cadillac too,
I have a LandRover Defender and would like to use it as "ecto" for cons and halloween etc..
Maverick1983 wrote:yeahh... you can buy them but not build on your car legally.
i know this are stupid rules but its germany.
I think a replica should be a US Car, a Cadillac too,
I have a LandRover Defender and would like to use it as "ecto" for cons and halloween etc..
Do you have a roof rack you could bolt it too or something when you get to the con? Remove it when you are driving?
yes i have a roofrack. at the con its no problem with the lights.
But how looks it like when there drives an ecto (on the way to the con) without that lights.. that was my question. what do you think about that?
My opinion is: it looks stupid. other hand: what should i do when the law says NO WAY with that lights? :-(
I wont build such a big roofrack like the real ecto. there are many things were the German law is against.

I only wished to have the decals and the lights.. so now it seems i will have only decals... :-(
magnetic... :boogieman:
My Landrover Defender is made from Aluminium but thats no Problem... the doors are steal :-)

ok, so i think i try to build in hidden flashlights and the decals... pictures here will follow :sigh:

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker scen[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]