By GhostbusterRayStantz
I saw this online and instantly thought ecto. Did a quick mockup to give an idea of what it'd look like ecto'd out. I personally love this for a possible new vehicle for 'em. It's a 2014 Cadillac XTS Armbruster-Stageway Crown Regal hearse. This quote from someone was even posted on the site.

"I like the wrap around rear window which sort of pays homage to the 1959-1960 Cadillac hearses"

By Gareee
It would be a great new ecto to trash in the opening action scene, and then bring the old girl out of retirement though!
Grimmy GB, alphabeta001 liked this
By Gareee
The new ectomobile needs to be something more modern looking that we kind of hate so we won't miss it when its all blowed up, and the old darling comes back out of retirement.

This fits the bill, I think!
By zeta otaku
I'm actually NOT hating this all that much... the base vehicle... the mock up? Not so much. lol

The car itself has potential, but yeah, part of the charm of the original Ecto was that it was close to 30 years old at the time. I think that if Sony were to do a modern day reboot the franchise, either use the original Ecto (because why not?!) or use a hearse from the 80s.
By Ecto-1 fan
zeta otaku wrote:<snip>part of the charm of the original Ecto was that it was close to 30 years old at the time. I think that if Sony were to do a modern day reboot the franchise, either use the original Ecto (because why not?!) or use a hearse from the 80s.
Exactly. Our modern day equivalent would be a mid-80s Suburban or (gasp!) minivan. Cheap, ugly, unloved right now. And think of the cost of a brand new hearse. The above one is going to cost around $110,000 before modifications. Seems unlikely to throw away that kind of money for a few minutes of screen time. :sigh:
By Parflagush
Something I've been thinking a lot about lately is the use of modern cars as Ectomobiles. Granted, some conversions look really cool, but that kind of takes away from the goofy-ness that the original Ecto car exhibits. Dan Aykroyd likened the Ecto to a sort of "clown" car. To me, modern, sporty, sleek cars just don't have that kind of feel. I think old, classic cars fit that mold better, in my opinion.
Gareee, Tyrael liked this
By Tyrael
I kind of like it. It's eclectic.
By 69428scj
It's certainly a different take on the ectomobile, but let's look at like this. The point of using a 25 year old (at the time) hearse/ambulance was irony and comedic effect. A run down, needing a lot of work vehicle that took people to the grave in a former life. How did they try to outdo the Ecto-1? They went with outrageousness but building a huge roof rack with a crap ton of lights, again for comedic effect. Now that we've established the comedic effect theme, what would work with a modern car? A minivan perhaps, maybe a Pontiac Aztec? What vehicle made in the last 25 years would have the same irony or comedic effect that could haul around the gear? Once that vehicle is identified, then we will have the new Ectomobile.
Chace liked this
By Kingpin
GhostbusterRayStantz wrote:Image
Yeesh.

America, you really need to start hiring people who know how to make cars look good again.
By Chace
GhostbusterRayStantz wrote:Image
Hey GREAT call leaving the United States Marines flag on the hood in the photoshop!!!!

THAT PHOTO WAS TAKEN AT THE FUNERAL OF A FALLEN HERO!!!!! YOU ASSHOLE!

I mean it's one thing to use a hearse, or a pic of a hearse....its quite another to do it MID SERVICE!
Dan AKA, RichLather liked this
By Havoc0213
Chace wrote:
Hey GREAT call leaving the United States Marines flag on the hood in the photoshop!!!!

I mean it's one thing to use a hearse, or a pic of a hearse....its quite another to do it MID SERVICE!
Damn, chill..... lol

The hearse kinda looks cool in some ways, but not as an Ecto :/
By Chace
Havoc0213 wrote:
Chace wrote:

Damn, chill..... lol

The hearse kinda looks cool in some ways, but not as an Ecto :/
Oh, you're right...it's completely appropriate for people to do movie car mock ups of a car carrying someone who died for his country to his grave....I'm planning on doing a General Lee pic made out of JFK's hearse.

"Too bad that John F. Kennedy boy couldn't jump over Lyndon B Johnson, the CIA, KGB, FBI and most importantly Lee Harvey Oswald...elsewise that boy mighta done a lot of good" -Waylon Jennings from the Kennedys of Hazzard.

Also I take it you are not current or former military or law enforcement...well I am....many of our members are. So while you just see a car in a cemetery.....I see the flags, which denote it was not only being used but being used for a marine...

I own an Ectomobile, two packs, two traps, a few pkes, a jumping toaster and the radio from GB2...I LOVE ghostbusters. but that original image is inappropriate and THAT comes from a dude with a Human Centipede tattoo on his arm.
By Venkman's Swagger
I have to agree with Chace that its inappropriate but what you've done Chace is no better. Yeah prove a point but you've done exactly what you've been raging about, your act is no better than the original act and comes across very hypocritical
pathollywood liked this
By Chace
Venkman'vs Swagger wrote:I have to agree with Chace that its inappropriate but what you've done Chace is no better. Yeah prove a point but you've done exactly what you've been raging about, your act is no better than the original act and comes across very hypocritical
Gotta disagree there, as I made my point with text first but people didn't get it...so I was forced to resort to using a more extreme example to demonstrate what I meant since CLEARLY the OP AND Havoc don't seem to understand what sacrifice for the greater good means.

Also I personally knew the fellow in the photo I added a gb logo to and posted....a young police officer killed on duty a week ago Saturday....babysat the guy back in the day...knew him his whole life....did a couple of news pieces on his passing as well...here's one. (We've been having video player issues so if that doesn't work just read the copy.)

http://www.wgxa.tv/story/viewing-for-fa ... z3DwQoikLo

That last soundbite....Ty. He and I have known one another since elementary school. we both looked after that kid. So I in NO way think he would disapprove of my example of how a death could be taken for granted to point out how others were doing just that. In fact HIS death is part of the reason I took such offense.
By Venkman's Swagger
Chace wrote:
Venkman'vs Swagger wrote:I have to agree with Chace that its inappropriate but what you've done Chace is no better. Yeah prove a point but you've done exactly what you've been raging about, your act is no better than the original act and comes across very hypocritical
Gotta disagree there, as I made my point with text first but people didn't get it...so I was forced to resort to using a more extreme example to demonstrate what I meant since CLEARLY the OP AND Havoc don't seem to understand what sacrifice for the greater good means.

Also I personally knew the fellow in the photo I added a gb logo to and posted....a young police officer killed on duty a week ago Saturday....babysat the guy back in the day...knew him his whole life....did a couple of news pieces on his passing as well...here's one. (We've been having video player issues so if that doesn't work just read the copy.)

http://www.wgxa.tv/story/viewing-for-fa ... z3DwQoikLo

That last soundbite....Ty. He and I have known one another since elementary school. we both looked after that kid. So I in NO way think he would disapprove of my example of how a death could be taken for granted to point out how others were doing just that. In fact HIS death is part of the reason I took such offense.
I completely understand and as I said I agree with your point. From an outsiders view it seemed like you were being hypocritical with your picture. I'm extremely sorry for your loss.
Chace liked this
By Chace
Thanks VS

Despite my rep as a hard ass/snooty "heavy" (which I don't feel I earned) I'm pretty low key. My few issues are (having a junk pack and claiming to be X% accurate), (Making a custom Ecto then claiming it to be X% accurate), (disrespecting the military or Emergency services)

I LOVE custom gear! I have two packs, one is insanely accurate, the other...totally custom! Hell even though Kevin (Boomerjinks's) Ecto-Magnum is the most famous by virtue of self promotion..MINE was the first.

But MOST IMPORTANTLY thank you for the condolences about Michael....He was a REALLY good dude. If you didn't read the full story he and his partner responded to a suicide call....turned out the guy was planning "Suicide by cop" So they show up, Michael gets shot in the head....Williamson (the other officer) is shot TWICE and able to both able to shoot andn arrest the suspect! But the horrible thing is, a young man...married less than a year ago is dead. I;m glad Willamson wasn't hurt, but is such a shame to lose one that young
By LandoSystem
I work in the police, fire and ems field. I have many family members and close friends who have served / are serving in the military. I find it disrespectful to use the death of a soldier, veteran, police officer or anyone else as an advertising tool (as this appears to be a promotional shot from a website or catalog), or in a photoshopped ghostbusters car.

I'd like the OP to remove it if he can, please, and try to find one of the more neutral or generic images of the vehicle. (there are some more promo shots featuring coffins draped in American flags or "veteran" flags on the hood and I'd appreciate it if he avoided those too)
By Hoot
Normally I'd fly off the handle and lose my cool. The OP needs to look at the offense created by the posting and photoshopping of that picture. Being a first responder myself, it lacks class, sensibility and quite frankly taste sir.

Remove it.
By Chace
Hoot wrote:Normally I'd fly off the handle and lose my cool. The OP needs to look at the offense created by the posting and photoshopping of that picture. Being a first responder myself, it lacks class, sensibility and quite frankly taste sir.

Remove it.
In fairness I don't think the OP CAN remove it, it would be up to a mod to do...

That said, I'd like a mod to remove the one I made as I think it has demonstrated its point successfully.
By Venkman's Swagger
Chace wrote:Thanks VS

Despite my rep as a hard ass/snooty "heavy" (which I don't feel I earned) I'm pretty low key. My few issues are (having a junk pack and claiming to be X% accurate), (Making a custom Ecto then claiming it to be X% accurate), (disrespecting the military or Emergency services)

I LOVE custom gear! I have two packs, one is insanely accurate, the other...totally custom! Hell even though Kevin (Boomerjinks's) Ecto-Magnum is the most famous by virtue of self promotion..MINE was the first.

But MOST IMPORTANTLY thank you for the condolences about Michael....He was a REALLY good dude. If you didn't read the full story he and his partner responded to a suicide call....turned out the guy was planning "Suicide by cop" So they show up, Michael gets shot in the head....Williamson (the other officer) is shot TWICE and able to both able to shoot andn arrest the suspect! But the horrible thing is, a young man...married less than a year ago is dead. I;m glad Willamson wasn't hurt, but is such a shame to lose one that young
You're welcome Chace, the incident is horrific and is unfortunately far too common in today's society. I have huge respect for anybody in the Law Enforcement, Armed Forces field. Many of my close friends have served alongside the US Army in Iraq and Afghan.

I agree with everybody else here that this thread/the OP should be deleted
By AJ Quick
travisccook wrote:I don't particularly disagree with anything stated above, but it seems to be overlooked that the picture used is a promo shot from the manufacturers website. They made the decision to include service flags in the shot - strongly worded letters can be sent there for the affront I suppose?

http://armbrusterstageway.com/gallery/f ... own-regal/
BINGO

Guys. I agree it is disrespectful if this was taken from a Marine's funeral and then photoshopped to be Ghostbusters... But in reality this is a promotional image done by the hearse maker showing what the car could look like if needed for a marine's funeral. Several photos exist from this cemetery photoshoot and this is the only image that has the flags installed. You can see the flag mounts in the other pictures too, and everything appears to have been taken on the same day.

So everyone take a chill pill.
Gareee, EJLambert, ghostfan003 and 3 others liked this
By Havoc0213
Chace wrote: ~ snip ~
So it turns out it was just a promo photo.

He could have used 3 other photos from that shoot, but he chose this one. Before you jump to another conclusion like you already have, perhaps consider any alternative reasoning before you post. Perhaps he doesn't understand what that the flags represent, so rather than jump in his shit and call him an asshole for something he may have no background on, how about you educate him respectfully as an adult.
AJ Quick liked this
By Gareee
We're better than this, guys. Lets get back to the original topic, shall we?
AJ Quick liked this
By Havoc0213
Well if they go modern with the next ecto, I don't think they'd fabricate '59 fins for it. They'll probably keep old and new separate. I have to say that the car is growing on me a bit. I still can't (maybe don't want to) see it as an ecto, but it's actually kinda cool looking as a hearse. It does make me wonder what they'll do about ecto if we finally get the movie.

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement […]

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]