By flyby434
I've been trying to figure out a way to rig an mp3 player through the siren that I have in my car (volunteer firefighter/first responder in training) so that it will play Ecto's siren. I have never attempted anything like this before, and am not entirely sure how to do it. The whole idea started as a joke from a coworker, but the more we thought about it, the more we wondered if it was possible.

Needless to say. I need help. I am running a Carson SA-365-10 14.
http://www.thepublicsafetystore.com/car ... siren.html

I've tried just cutting and splicing an audio cable into it straight from my player into the accessory port, but it didn't work. Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

DISCLAIMER: I have no intention of using this for actual emergencies. I take my job and its responsibilities very seriously, and know that this is not the time or place to be screwing around with what could become a distraction and/or danger to those around me.
By DefenderDarko
You don't have to justify it to us, man. Between us and you, you're the only one with an actual reason to have a siren in the first place.

If your head unit has a PA, you should be able to just run your phone or player's stereo jack to that. I use pieces of a bullhorn to connect my mp3 player to the roof...
By flyby434
Sorry, I've gotten enough mini-lectures from people with no sense of humor that it is just habit.

I'm pretty sure that is what the accessory port is for, but it didn't work when I tried to wire it in. I took a normal 3.5mm audio cable, cut the end off, and tried to wire it into that port, but it didn't put out anything. The cable 3 wires (blue, green, and red), so I tried different configurations, and still got nothing. Even using the continuity setting on my voltmeter I wasn't able to get a reading.
By Boomerjinks
My understanding is that the accessory port on the siren module is to wire in a radio, the idea being that a cop or firefighter could switch it on, step out of the vehicle, and still hear what is going on from dispatch or other units. I THINK.

Not sure how that equipment is different, but I'm fairly confident it's not usable with an aux cable...
By fredallen
I'm looking into doing the same thing, I have the same siren. One work around would be to pick up a separate amp and then tie into the wires going to the speaker. This would work instead of having a standard siren amp as well. There are a couple siren apps for phones. Had any luck with your tweaking?
By flyby434
I haven't had any luck with it. About a month after I started trying to find a way to do it, I was in a car wreck and had to remove everything that I had installed. I just put it all back into another vehicle not long ago, but haven't done any more work on trying to find a way to mod or tweak it. It's one of my back burner projects for now that I may come back to someday if I find a lead on making it work.

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]