Ok, so here's the short story. My front bumper is a mess and I'm looking to just get a new one and junk the one on my car now. Here's the kicker... I cannot find a replacement for under $500. So, my question for those who know more about these cars than I do: can a 2008 Charger bumper cover be used instead of a 2008 Magnum bumper cover? I have been to every car site I can think of and can't find an answer to this. Google has failed me and I'm at my wit's end.
The short answer is no.

Not unless you change the whole front end and custom make the fenders by cutting both the magnum and charger fenders and blending them together.

that's why you dont see as many chargums as you do 300 swaps....you have to change the whole front clip then too....but everything bolts on.

Also the 08 Magnum is different from the 05-07 you'd have to swap front ends there too so you're pretty well stuck.

Sorry buddy.

this site might help with your parts search though.

http://www.custommagnums.com/
SPJ liked this
Dodge has always had weird stuff like that and odd engineering.

A buddy of mine owned a Stratus and had to replace the battery....to get to it you have to take the right front wheel off and cut the wheels to the left...then in the fender well there is a panel that out open and you slide the battery out that way.
SPJ liked this
Have you called any local junkyards where you are at? Not sure what location you are but that may be your best bet if you want to stay with OEM or Craigslist. Otherwise, Certi-Fit or Wel-Fit are nationally based companies who sell aftermarket body panels that fit pretty good. You would just need to have someone paint it but shouldn't be to expensive since its off the car.

As far as the paint sticking, you have to use a specialty urethane primer that is made for those type of parts. They stick to the panel and are flexible so it wont crack. Good Luck.
Ecto-1 fan, SPJ liked this
Well, with this set back, I've kinda decided to wait until AFTER winter. Last winter was half the reason I did the work on my car in the first place (other half was adding the bull bars and tow hitch). We'll just have to see how bad the front bumper gets messed up this time.

(but yeah, I would prefer to buy a new one... just wish they weren't THAT much)
2008s are a bitch. I found mine from another user on LXforums.com but even he was in frigging Puerto Rico. Still, only cost me $300 plus shipping instead of $500, though it was unpainted.

Post a Wanted thread on LXforums and custom magnums and bump it every so often. Watch for other people getting rid of theirs to swap our for body kits. Probably dont want to spend much time checking salvage yards, my experience was that every magnum I found had front end damage.
Chace liked this
Boomerjinks wrote:2008s are a bitch. I found mine from another user on LXforums.com but even he was in frigging Puerto Rico. Still, only cost me $300 plus shipping instead of $500, though it was unpainted.

Post a Wanted thread on LXforums and custom magnums and bump it every so often. Watch for other people getting rid of theirs to swap our for body kits. Probably dont want to spend much time checking salvage yards, my experience was that every magnum I found had front end damage.

I will definitely do that.

And yeah, the front end seems to be a magnet for everything in the universe to hit.

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Hey guys I've been doing some updating and adding […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]