By Tcrain12
Alright, I was driving home to San Antonio from a basketball tournament in Corpus. We were cruising on Highway 37 almost into Pleasanton. I caught something out of the corner of my eye and stopped the car half way on the road, half way on the shoulder. I had four guys on the team in the car and they are all well aware of my inner ghost head. So to my surprise and their chagrin, on this little farm house right off the highway set an Ecto 1 replica. It looked pretty good, the color was grey, almost like when Ray first drives it up to the firehouse. Had the light setup, the caution tape and the no ghost logo. Pretty sweet!

Anyway, I got honked at for not being all the way off the road, but as Ray would say, " I just got excited!!"

If this is anyone's ride, please shoot me a private message or something because I would like to go back and take some pics.Thanks and it was awesome...lol
Last edited by Tcrain12 on August 2nd, 2009, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By metallijosh
I know of this car.
There's a thread here somewhere.
The car has been there for a while and is in pretty bad shape, not to mention that it's a seventies model high top as well.
By Tcrain12
Thanks for the reply. It looked like it had been sitting there a long time. I noticed it was a newer model car and the color was off, but it just stood out. If you know the area, you know that it's in a little stretch of nothing. So it was a nice unexpected surprise, even if it wasn't totally to form.
Last edited by Tcrain12 on August 2nd, 2009, 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tcrain12
Wow! Thanks for the link Boomerjinks. I read the entire thread and then the news story. I feel bad for using the word wreck in the title of the thread. The car should continue to stand as a monument for a person who, like someone had said, is one of us.

Wow, that's pretty crazy.
By ryanhoelzer
I know this thread is ancient but I have an update..

I've driven between San Antonio and Corpus Christi about 20 times this summer and saw the car multiple times and wondered about it. A month or so ago as I was coming through I saw it on a truck or trailer near there. I wonder if someone's putting it back together or it got scrapped?
By Boomerjinks
End of an era. No more tweets from people astonished that THE ORIGINAL GHOST BUSTER CAR FROM THE MOVIE IS HIDING IN TEXAS NEAR THIS HIGHWAY

Honestly, I don’t think there is damage from[…]

Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]