Heres some pics of my first build, its the first time ive done anything even remotely like this so its far from perfect(which is down to my lack of experience with the tools im using ) but its going ok so far.
ill keep updating this thread as i progress.

At the moment im just focusing on the thrower which im building from one of ThrowingChicken's V2.0 gun bodys and gun parts bundles as well as some parts from Colin and Nick all of which are fantastic quality , I highly recomend these guys.

I still have some filling and sanding to do but thats pretty easy to do with magic sculpt, i takes longer to dry but at least you dont feel rushed to get it applied before it starts to harden.

sorry these are so dark, the lighting was messing with my camera

I attached the Rear Cylinder by removing the head from an allen bolt i then epoxied the thread into the cylinder which then is secured into the body using a spare threaded insert as a nut.

Thats it for now, i should be attaching the grips etc in the next few days then its onto painting !
Last edited by RedSpecial on November 28th, 2010, 3:05 pm, edited 14 times in total.
By RedSpecial
Thanks guys !

Small update today, i got the rear handle attached to the body .

i was intending to attach the front grip to the front handle today aswell but the insert i had turned out to be too small for the 1" pipe.

So ill do that tommorow if i can find the correct size peice and ill probably be adding the fake weld too.
Last edited by RedSpecial on May 27th, 2009, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
some questions.. (i'm planning to buy the same bundle kit)

1- was the gun body pre-drilled? ( front pipe hole, led and switches holes, square window for the bargraph)
2- the baseplate have screws like MMM gun body?
3- what you use to secure the handle grips?

thank you! =)

PS: great job!
PS2: what are "Bondo" and "Epoxy" ? seems like i can find them here in Italy...what else can i use ?
PS3: the console that will see GBTVG on june here in Europe! =)
ThrowingChicken wrote:So what is your opinion on the building process? Anything that was tricky for you?
On the whole its been alot easier than i expected due in large part to the fact that so much is already attached , there was minimal cleanup needed and i didnt have to do a whole lot of measuring for correct switch hole positions etc.
Id say the most difficult thing for me was attaching the the base plate , it took a few tries to get the threaded inserts in the correct position.

Other than that though its been a really enjoyable experience working with your kit.
Raystantz Italy wrote:some questions.. (i'm planning to buy the same bundle kit)

1- was the gun body pre-drilled? ( front pipe hole, led and switches holes, square window for the bargraph)
2- the baseplate have screws like MMM gun body?
3- what you use to secure the handle grips?

thank you! =)

PS: great job!
PS2: what are "Bondo" and "Epoxy" ? seems like i can find them here in Italy...what else can i use ?
PS3: the console that will see GBTVG on june here in Europe! =)
Thanks!

1: the holes arent drilled but there are indentations for just about every hole for the led's and switches as well as the baseplate so you know exactly where to put them, the bargraph and hole for the rear handle only has a very thin film covering it which is easy to remove with a stanley blade or exactoknife. the hole for the wiring to the front handle has to be drilled .

2:it doesent come with screws but Irri fom MMM was able to help me out with that.

3: I used Devcon plastic welder to secure the grips so they arent going anywhere anytime soon, ive used it a few times before for guitar repairs and there still holding strong, i may use some screws aswell if i feel they need it but they are solid as a rock with just the plastic welder ( just make sure you rough up the two surfaces with some sand paper for extra grip)

the epoxy is basicaly a strong glue or bonding agent as i said before i would recomend the plastic welder , it comes in a two part syringe so you just squeeze out as much as you need and mix it before applying.

instead of using bondo for filling and creating the fake weld on the back handle i used magic sculpt which is a two part epoxy putty used for modelling , it takes 12-24 hours to set and theres a 4 hour working time so you can take your time to get the fill or fake weld done properly without it setting on you.

both of these can be found on ebay for less than it would cost you elsewhere.

ThrowingChicken's kit is practicaly foolproof though so you cant go far wrong, i would recommend using TC's build thread as a refernce : http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=11343

lol good eye on the controll pad :P
By Geordi
the build is looking great

I have all the bits needed to buld my new thower,
I think i'll be ordering some tubing from the place you posted,
How long did delivery take?

also what screw posts did are you using to attach the base plate
The place i got the tubing from offers only next day delivery so if you order early enough you'll get it the following day.
And for the screws i used two sets of size 10-32 brass threaded inserts which i got from ebay for just over a fiver shipped.
By RedSpecial
***Update***

My thrower is now primed and painted, hopefully ill get to weather, add some hardware and the decals tonight (the last coat is still slightly tacky)

anway heres some pics of where im at so far :

Primed and painted silver

and heres the finished painjob just after applying the final coat

ill add some more pics of the weathering etc asap.
By RedSpecial
Thanks guys, i think you may be right abntroop.
i can see how people with smaller hands would find the handles uncomfortable, in saying that though scaling down the handles looks a little off sometimes when your used to seeing the thicker handles.
By RedSpecial
Its been a while but ive got a wee update.

I didnt see the point of posting a step by step guide to my build because lets face it, all ive been doing so far is measuring, cutting and drilling holes and besides there are already some fantastic step by step Shell build threads on here.

ive got most of it bolted down so its pretty damn solid so far, i know the hga, ppd and the colar bit (name?) around the loom look wonky but they arent attached to anything yet.
Just wanted to see how it all fit.

so thats it for now, Ive got most of the parts not seen here on the way, minus a GB1 ribbon cable and shock mount / Ion knob so nearly there :wink:

As always any comments, suggestions or criticisms are welcome.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]