By jt001
Sometimes we crave for that realistic metal look on resin parts, but can't afford them and sometimes the "metallic" spray paint doesn't cut it. Here's the best thing I've ever seen... it's called Alclad 2.

I've been trying to remember that name for some days now. I was just looking at how crappy some of my resin pieces came out using Painters Touch "metallic" paint and the name popped in my head! :)

It's an airbrush paint that looks like friggin' aluminum metal. I mean, that thing REALLY looks like metal! It was used by fellow members many years ago at the RPF board on some prop projects. They gave it a test ride and the result was stunning.
I believe you need to order it from their site. I haven't seen that stuff locally. On the other hand, my local stores suck big time.

Here are some pics from their site. Believe me, I've seen pictures of props painted with that stuff and it just rocks!

The chrome kicks serious ass:

Here's a link to their site: http://www.alclad2.com/
holy shit!
nice find man!
Oooohhhh shiny!!

Great find, and it would be great to get that "worn through" look on Packs and Wands!!
yeah that is a great find on the paints. good looking metallic paints there, too bad i already finished my weathering or else i would order some. im happy with what i have but for those who havent started their pack or their weathering they should definatly check this out

Hey guys I've been doing some updating and adding […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

Hey everybody, this is my first post so let me kno[…]