Alright so this project has been 2 years in the making. One year of research, and one year to buy and collect all the parts for 2 pack builds. I have always wanted to build one of these for as long as I can remember. I'm not to much older than the first GB1, its been my all time favorite movie for pretty much my whole life.

And the second one I'm building as a x-mas present for my father. My dads one of those types of dads who buys everything he wants himself so its always a pain in the ass to buy for him on b-days or x-mas. How many dads get to say there son got them an unlicensed nuclear accelerator for x-mas huh?? Plus the oldest memory I have of my father is a photo I saw when I was about 3, It was him and 3 of his buddies from work, dressed as the 4 ghostbusters for a Halloween party his work work had put on. They had total scrap built pack with guns that looked like Tesla coils and everything I know its 25 years late but better late than never right. Not to mention he has also just finished a home movie theater that he's wanted for ever and hes been decorating it with old classic movie posters and stuff, so I figured id build him a real, fairly close to screen accurate pack so he can start displaying movie props in there as well.

Kind of a sappy back story but :whatever: lol on to the build....

Just to show you what im dealing with here lol

No expense was spared for these 2 builds. I bough as many real parts as I could as well as a bunch of machined aluminum parts and resin/fiberglass replicas. Everything was supplied buy tons of different people from the site, I'm sure they'll know who they are lol. Both will have full lights and sound as well. It was either go big or go home for me on this.

So I figured on these builds I'd start with the pack just working from the upper right corner down.

First up was the ion arm, pretty self explanatory I measured out and drilled all the holes for the resistors and ion arm cap (the screws you see are what I used to secure the wood plug I built for inside the ion arms, they'll be filled over with magic sculpt when I get to that point in the builds)...

Here is what it looked like with everything dry fitted...

Next was attaching the ion arm to the pack shell. Now I came up with my own way for attaching all these parts to the shell as you'll see. I wanted to make sure everything was pretty stout so we wouldn't have to worry about anything really breaking off of them.

So first I traced the shape of the ion arm onto the shell. I had already cut and fitted pieces of 2x4's inside of the hallow ion arms as I said before. The double lines are the measurements for the outer wall of the ion arm so I knew where to drill these 4 holes...

Here is where the extra sturdiness of my build comes to light. Last week I had measured an cut a bunch of pieces of aluminum to use as large "washers" so to say. I drilled holes through the spacer matching the holes I drilled through the shell then I used 4, 1/4 inch lag bolts that will be drilled into 4 corresponding holes that I already drilled into the wooden plug of the ion arm...

Next came the booster tube/plug/frame. this part was a pain for me there might have been an easier way but this what the way I decided to go for ease of putting together after paint and sturdiness. First of course I had to sand the recess in the shell as well as a bit around the angled cut of the PVC pipe to get them to fit perfect. Then I measured the center line of the booster tube straight up the pack. and drilled out 4 holes that will hold the tube in place...

Then drilled the corresponding holes in the tube itself...

And again used one of my custom cut aluminum spacers inside the shell to hold it all together...

Here it is all attached and bolted up... (and yes I noticed it was crooked and its already been fixed)

Now for the booster plug, I wrapped electrical tape around the narrow part of it to space it perfectly inside the booster tube...

I then drilled a hole completely through the booster tube, the thick part of the booster plug and the shell...

then drilled 3 other holes through the booster tube and part way into the thick part of the booster plug...

What I'm going to do with this is for the hole that goes completely through the shell, I have a wooden dowel that ill push all the way through like this...
Then cut smaller dowels for the holes that aren't drilled all the way through. I'll 2 part epoxy all of them in place and just use my magic sculpt to fill and smooth the holes up behind them so you wont ever know once its all painted.

Then I wend ahead and drilled the 2 holes through the booster frame and tube and dry fitted the frame with the socket head cap screws...

Whew that part was a total pain in the ass and was the one part I was dreading when I laid out the game plan for these builds but now its all done and worked better than expected so its on to the HGA. first of course I drilled out all the holes for the socket head cap screws and both elbows...

everything dry fitted...

Then I drilled 2 holes through the shell and connected everything in the same way as I did the ion arm. I did have to cut some off my metal spacers to fit with the uneven fiberglass inside the shell as you can see...

Attached and bolted up, pretty easy (I kinda messed up the far left hole when I started to drill, was able to get it straightened out and the fittings actually sit even, you can kinda see the actual hole just a bit inside. I'll just have to use a little magic sculpt to fill in a bit of the hole around the fitting, no biggie)...

Next measured the holes for the gun mount to coincide with Franchesky's aluminum v-hook's. I did have to enlarge the holes Franchesky had pre drilled in these v-hooks because they were to small to accept the right size screw but that was super easy...

Another super sturdiness washer (I'll call them ssw's from now on) inside the shell...

All bolted up ready for a gun...

And the last thing I did for the night was drill out the holes for the legris straights under the PPD (yea I couldnt find 4 or the 5/32 legris straights so went with 1/4 inch ones, if you have or know of any for sale I'd love to know lol)...

And I was pretty tired and my back was killing me after working most of the day to get to this point so I'm turning in for the night. Have another day full planned tomorrow. Hopefully I'll have tons more to update tomorrow but since I have to do everything twice it takes a little longer than usual lol.

I'll gladly answer any questions anyone has and would love constructive criticism. Thanks for looking.

Eric
Last edited by Libtechinit on October 31st, 2014, 10:24 am, edited 19 times in total.
madeinsocal6 wrote:I'm liking this build looks to be very solid as you mentioned it would be. Looking forward to seeing how you attach the injector tubes.
Thanks alot. Yea the injectors should come tomorrow. I have a plan but well see how it works when it goes from my head to real world. I should actually be pretty much done with both packs tomorrow if all goes as smooth as today.

By the way did you see you awesome handy work being used on the ion arm and the hga lol those elbows look even better in action.

On another note just noticed I said I was starting from upper right corner I meant upper left as I'm sure most of you noticed.
Looking great, and should be very solid but you are also adding weight at every stage with all those screws & bolts so keep an eye on the weight as you go as it does matter :cool:
Yes, I saw my work and your right thay do look good in action :blush:. I forgot to mention that I think that what your doing for your father is great and I'm sure he will love it. Does he know your making it? If he doesn't know your making it you should probably show him yours first on the day you plan to give him his and see how much he admires it and then surprise him in the end when your taking yours away with his own. Or you probably have something worked out, just make sure you surprise him if he doesn't know.
Your packs are looking great! I truly appreciate your attention to detail and your Tim Taylor mentality!

Looking forward to more.
Alright back again after a full day of work ill answer some posts first then get to the update
OCP_Model-001 wrote:Looking great, and should be very solid but you are also adding weight at every stage with all those screws & bolts so keep an eye on the weight as you go as it does matter :cool:
I actually thought about that and i weighed all the ssw's i had cut and it only came out to 1.5 lbs, i didn't weigh all the fender washers I would have used instead I'm sure it would only be a few ounces difference. Plus I imagine alot of people lag bolt most of there stuff down to there packs, I did use a few extra bolts in places people probably use only 2 or 3 for a little extra piece of mind. All in all I don't think the weight gain will end up being that noticeable in the end, at least i hope not lol.
madeinsocal6 wrote:Yes, I saw my work and your right thay do look good in action :blush:. I forgot to mention that I think that what your doing for your father is great and I'm sure he will love it. Does he know your making it? If he doesn't know your making it you should probably show him yours first on the day you plan to give him his and see how much he admires it and then surprise him in the end when your taking yours away with his own. Or you probably have something worked out, just make sure you surprise him if he doesn't know.
Nope he doesn't know a thing and Id totally do it that way but I live in Washington and he is in California. I'm planning on renting a car and driving down so I don't have to deal with getting the pack through the airport or shipping it, then ill be flying back for my return trip, so my pack sadly will have to stay at home. I plan on just straight up hiding it till Xmas morning when the whole family is opening presents then just spring it on him.
Logan Cade wrote:Your packs are looking great! I truly appreciate your attention to detail and your Tim Taylor mentality!

Looking forward to more.
Thanks alot I don't want to claim to be a pro or anything these are only my very first pack builds but I have alot of tool/building experience that'll definitely help out throughout these builds

Bring on the update, I started the day off easy installing the crack knob. Pretty self explanatory just measured and drilled a hole...

I actually used an engine stud as the mounting post for the actuall knob. They fit perfect and were just the right length...

Alright next came another pretty tricky part (i know madeinsocal6 was waiting for this one) the injector tubes. To start off I'm using pre made tubes from irricanian. So I cut wooden dowels that im going to 2 part epoxy into the tubes...

you can see I wrapped the end of them with electrical tape to center them in the tubes just like I did the booster plug. Looks like this when its slipped inside the tube (you can see the 2 part epoxy im using in the background, this stuff has never let me down the only down fall is it starts to set really quickly so you have to work fast, I bought it at home depot)...

I went ahead and cut the dowels for the filler tubes at the same time so I could just get them all epoxy'd. That was I could come back to them later on in the night when their dry. By the way If your going to do this the way I did don't forget to use some sand paper and scuff up the inside of the tubes...

Slathering the epoxy all over each rod...
did I just use slather and rod in the same sentence

While they dried I did a few other things but for the sake of order we'll jump ahead to the completion of the injector tubes. Just traced the tubes out on the shell, measured for center and drilled the hole...

Here is another one of my ssw's in action holding the injector tubes. I did have to route out a little bit in the back there by the power cell window to fit the ssw's...

And all bolted up (I plan on adding the L bracket later on and I'm thinking I'll actually countersink some wood screws into the L bracket that go right into the injector tubes for even more support)...

Alright so this is what I was doing while the injector and filler tubes were drying. Sanded and drilled out the center of the hose mount above the clippard...

I then cut another dowel thats epoxy'd and lag bolted down...

next I cut and epoxy'd the pvc tube into place (by the way this mounting idea I borrowed from jt00, it was a damn good idea and seemed like the best way to go about this part)...

Added a little magic sculpt around the base to smooth the transition not really screen accurate but its aesthetically pleasing...

Now to where the hose attaches to the crank gen. This was another tricky part, I actually drilled from the booster tube side all the way through. Was way easier and I could actually get my drill in there...

Came out on the gun block side just a tiny bit off center, wont really notice it to much when the tube is attached...

I then just lag bolted and epoxy'd another dowel into the hole...

Dry fitted the tube and I must say it came out looking fantastic...

On to the clippard. Measured and drilled for the 2 socket head cap screws and the center peg, which I left on for a lil extra support I just dremeled of the key...

You can kinda see where I removed the key...

The fiberglass was quite thick under the clippard mounting point I actually had to router out a little rectangle to fit my ssw. I know your gonna say well why didn't you just find longer screws, well I looked every last place I could where I live and short of ordering online or a 3 hour drive this was my best option. It turns out not many places carry 2.5inch socket head cap screws in the black finish...

The clippard dry fitted (it looks off centered because of the angle of the picture, but its really isn't)...

Then moved to the filler tubes. Again measured and drilled holes through the shell, as well as into the wooden plugs of the filler tubes...

The right filler tube mounting point is pretty shallow I had to skip using an ssw or even a regular washer when I lag bolted that one, otherwise the shell wouldn't sit flat against the motherboard. I even had to router out a bit around the where the bolt head sits so it would clear the motherboard. Hopefully it'll be alright this way, I'll epoxy it down as well when I mount it up for good. The left filler tube mounted with the ssw just fine...

Filler tubes dry fitted in position. I have to magic sculpt the top faces of the filler and injector tubes still to smooth them out and make em look pretty, so ill drill for the hoses and elbows in a different update...

Another easy one, drilled for the legris elbow on the side of the cyclo...

Test fitted the elbow...

Now another really fun part, the bumper. First I measured and drilled the holes into both legs of the bumper...
one leg
and the other

Then matched the legs onto the spacer and marked out the holes and drilled them into the spacer...
one side
and the other side

Next I test fitted it...

Used Exoray's bumper template measured and drilled the hole through the bumper and right on through into the cyclo for the ion knob...

Mounted up the ion knob, found a perfect height steel spacer to fit between the bumper and cyclo...

Here is how the ssw's look for the ion knob and both sides of the bumper, these things arent going anywhere lol...

And a beauty shot of the bumper and one of Exoray's killer looking machined ion knobs...

Whew that was quite a days work. Sadly its back to real life work tomorrow, I work Mon thru Thurs 10 am till 10:30 pm. So not much work will get done till I can start again on Friday. Let me know what you all think and please point out anything I might have messed up or overlooked.

Eric
This is great documentation. I'll be referring to this when I start my own, although I will probably just use fender washers, along with epoxy, so everything is glued-and-screwed. Just like Norm Abrams would do. Although Norm would somehow find a way to use his biscuit joiner on this project... (I just learned that New Yankee Workshop has been canceled. Everyone raise a glass and use a jig to cut a dovetail joint in its honor.)

In the power cell, will the SSW for the injector tubes get in the way of mounting the lights?
nick-a-tron wrote:Great selection of parts all layed out
Speaking of, you catch your booster frame in there that thing looked great just mounted up even before I've done anything to it lol
Henners wrote:honestly one of the best builds I've seen on this site. I'll be using these as a resource on my own haha
That was my whole plan and why I'm trying to document it so much. I know you can find most stuff just searching around this site but sometimes they were missing some of the details I was looking for or whatever and there was a few things that I jut had a hard time finding at all. I'm really doing this thread in hopes of helping future people through there builds who are at the point I once was. by the way saw you lived in Tacoma I'm out here on the Olympic peninsula Sequim port Angeles area
wbundrick wrote:This is great documentation. I'll be referring to this when I start my own, although I will probably just use fender washers, along with epoxy, so everything is glued-and-screwed.

In the power cell, will the SSW for the injector tubes get in the way of mounting the lights?
I plan on 2 part epoxying everything along with the lag bolts and ssw's once I get to the point where I assemble it all together for good figured it could only help with the durability. As far as the electronics I haven't received my kits from Exoray yet so haven't had the chance to do any measuring or checking of those parts with what I have done, but I've seen a few pictures of his electronics installed on other packs and I'm confident it'll fit just fine. I should have all the light kits for the gun and pack by next weekend so ill be able to check fitment to make sure then.

And thanks for everyone's comments and words of encouragement, its kick ass to be able to share this stuff with you guys and girls.
Your build is coming alone really awesome man, and im really glad you went with the socket caps to mount the R331 a small screen accurate detail a lot of people leave out. With all those bolts and aluminum mounting plates that pack is going to feel as heavy as it looks :-)

Chris
Not much of an update tonight I'm kinda disappointed with myself. I forgot a few things I needed when I made my hardware store runs yesterday which caused me not to be able to do some of the things I had planned. So I'm kinda behind already this weekend. Anyways here is what I did get done today...

Had to build my own paint booth in the garage becuase its pretty cold out so I needed a smaller area I could heat for the paint to dry...

I sanded, cleaned and prepped the n filters for paint, they need to be painted so I can start the mesh/filter material install. The stuff I was going to use for the filter material behind the mesh inside the n filter is one of the things I forgot to pick up so I got the n filters all painted up and the mesh installed but that's as far as I could go. I also forgot to buy the correct size hole saw to make the plug that I plan on gluing inside the n filter to be able to bolt it down...

For the mesh I just used metal screen door material and epoxy'd it in place...

And a shot of the outside of the n filter with the mesh installed. Im painting my entire pack with primer, 2 layers of silver metallic and 2 layers of hammered metal black. You can see how the paint turns out in this pic...

Between each coat of paint for the n filters I managed to accomplish a few things. The first of which was drilling the injector tubes for the tube and wire loom. so what I did was first drill a hole big enough for just the tubing, then drilled another hole only about half way down that'll hold the wire loom. You can kinda see the step in this picture...

Tube slips in...

Then the wire loom...

Also drilled the holes for the injector tube hoses where they go into the spacer...

Next up drilled the holes in the filler tunes for the elbows...

Elbow dry fitted...

No for the PPD. I first clamped the PPD into place and just drilled one tiny hole completely through it and into the pack...

I enlarged the hole in the pack and the back side of the PPD big enought to accept a small dowel that will hold it in place when I epoxy it down later on...

I also drilled down through the angled end just like i did the injector tubes, one hole to fit the tubing into then a slightly bigger hole to hold the wire loom...

Everything fits like a glove...

Drilled the holes in the pack for the ribbon cable clamp...

Nice and shiny...

And last thing for the day, I went ahead and assymbled the booster tub/plug. Cut and glued the dowels into all the holes...

Then used my magic sculpt and puttied over the dowels and holes so it'll be dry and I can sand them down tomorrow...

I also went ahead and sanded, cleaned and prepped all the pack parts for paint, other than the booster tube/plug and ion arm because I have to wait for the magic sculpt to dry. The plan tomorrow , as long as I can remember to get everything when I make a trip to the hardware store, is to:
-sand, clean and prep the booster tub/plug and ion arm
-get the filter material installed into the n filter
-get the wood plugs cut for tn filters and dry mount them onto the shells
-mount the shells to the motherboards
-paint up both shells and all of the pack parts/motherboards
-in between shell/pack parts paint layers start working on the throwers

If all goes to plan I should have the throwers both prepped and ready for paint by the end of Sunday. Then next weekend while im painting the throwers, ill assemble the packs and install the pack lights. Once the throwers are done with paint ill assemble and install the gun lights. All I'll be waiting for after that is 2 of Exorays sound kits and heat sinks. Once I get my hands on those everything will be complete mwuahahahahahahahahaha
jt001 wrote:I must say this is one of the best builds! Not to mention you are also doing 2 of them!

Those packs are coming along great! Keep us posted!!!
Thanks a lot man! I have borrowed a few methods you used in your build thread so thank you for helping me out a bit through my own build.
qxx wrote:Man, this is like the best walkthru I've seen on here. I'm about to do my first build this week and I'll be coming back here every step of the way. Thanks man!
Great that's the reason im documenting like I am. Feel free to hit me up with any questions you might have when you start your build Ill help as best I can.
pchrisbosh1 wrote:Your build is coming alone really awesome man, and im really glad you went with the socket caps to mount the R331 a small screen accurate detail a lot of people leave out. With all those bolts and aluminum mounting plates that pack is going to feel as heavy as it looks :-)

Chris
Yea but your not going to like me when I get to the gun as I wont be able to use the correct factory fillister head screws to attach my 701's because they aren't long enough :0/ I'm just going to be using silver socket head cap screws instead. He he I hope it doesn't come out that heavy, If my planning and calculations end up being close it should be around 20lbs, 25lbs max. Which seems to be the average from what I've seen of other builds around here.
Alright update time again. I got almost to where I wanted to be at the end of today. I didn't get to start on the throwers but I did get the first coat of primer on the shells, all the pack parts and the motherboards. So i guess I'm happy with that.

First up for today was getting these damn n filters done, these things have probably been the most complicated part of this build for me anyways. I wanted them to come out looking like actual filters so here is what I did. First I used a hole saw and cut a bunch of wooden plugs out that I glued together and fit the n filter perfectly. While browsing around Home Depot today looking for what I could use for the white "filter" material and picking up a few odds and ends, I was walking down the paint isle getting some more spray paint and I saw the paint rollers, light bulb! I grabbed a 9 inch roller with 1/2 inch nap, the thickest I could find. Got it home and cut a one inch section off of it like so...

Then epoxy'd it onto the top of my wooden plug...

You cant really see it very well fin the pic, but it turned out looking great inside there, exactly the look I was going for...

With the n filters glued together I placed them on the shell and drilled the holes...

The last ssw inside the pack itself holding the n filter...

Dry fitted, came out great I think...

Next I worked on mounting the shells to the motherboards. I went with the correct large flange head rivets. Didn't really take any photos of this process as kind2311 already has a great tutorial HERE, which is exactly what I used. I also mounted the alice frames to the motherboards at the same time. No real pic of this either as its pretty self explanatory, 3 holes through the motherboard add bolts. I used 1/4 inch shaft collars to space the motherboard a bit off the alice pack. I just took finished product pics. If anyone would like more in depth pics and/or explanations, let me know and I'll do one up tomorrow...

The alice pack to motherboard and motherboard to shell steps were pretty time consuming. The last thing I did for the day was get the first layer of primer on everything pack related...

And that's it for tonight. More painting and on to building the throwers tomorrow. Getting pretty close to the end now :cool:
Man, your work is looking great! I have pretty much the same set-up and I’m working on mine and kinda following along right with you.

I’m curious how you cleaned up the tops on the filler and injector tubes and did the weld sculpts. I’m going to start on that soon using some Aves Apoxie Sculpt. Any tips before I start my own trial and error?
Damn dude, you built that thing like a tank! I thought I put some serious effort into making my pack able to withstand people yanking on stuff a bit, but yours takes the cake.

FOUR bolts in the booster tube alone? Jeez! Two would have done!

My booster tube slides into the shell at the bottom, so I glued the bottom in place with Loctite, and applied a bead of loctite down the back side, and used expoxy putty to create the weld at the top, and to create a thin weld around the bottom as well, so that sucker's not going anywhere most likely. I did want to put a couple bolts in there as well like you did, but I was in a hurry to finish, and getting those holes to line up with the shell would have been a real pain.
Libtechinit wrote:
jt001 wrote:I must say this is one of the best builds! Not to mention you are also doing 2 of them!

Those packs are coming along great! Keep us posted!!!
Thanks a lot man! I have borrowed a few methods you used in your build thread so thank you for helping me out a bit through my own build.!
I am flattered! Thanks, to you man! I must say, you really improved those techniques by far! Your build is looking awesome!

A copy of this thread should be posted in the tutorials section. Great job!
Sunday update time, I'm not going to be throwing up many pictures tonight though as I am exhausted and need a little sleep before work again tomorrow lol, I'll throw the pictures up later on. Pretty much what I accomplished today was one more coat of primer on everything for the pack and 2 coats of the silver metallic. I also, between coats of paint, started the throwers. I have drilled all the holes for switches, lights, bolts and other misc parts that attach to the main gun body (I have pics of it all) as well as puttied up all the imperfections so it'll dry all week and be ready to sand Friday. I didnt do any work on the rear or forward handles yet. Gives me plenty to do between the hammered black paint coats.

Now to answer a few questions...
Logan Cade wrote:I’m curious how you cleaned up the tops on the filler and injector tubes and did the weld sculpts. I’m going to start on that soon using some Aves Apoxie Sculpt. Any tips before I start my own trial and error?
Well I'm using magic sculpt on my build, so im not to sure how your sculpting epoxy works. With my magic sculpt I can use water to smooth it out and give it a pretty nice finish. I just spread my epoxy over the surface making sure its fairly even across the tops. The just a touch of water on my fingertip in a light circular motion to smooth it all out. As for the weld lines make sure you have some latex or similar gloves on (you don't want fingerprint marks) then use the tip of your finger nail to kinda poke small notches all the way around, as you poke your finger nail into the putty, push back into the putty slightly to create a little raised lip against the last nail line you made. Its really hard to explain with just typing. I'll do a small quick tutorial on this next weekend and post it up, be way easier to explain that way.
GhostGuy wrote:Damn dude, you built that thing like a tank! I thought I put some serious effort into making my pack able to withstand people yanking on stuff a bit, but yours takes the cake.

My booster tube slides into the shell at the bottom, so I glued the bottom in place with Loctite, and applied a bead of loctite down the back side, and used expoxy putty to create the weld at the top, and to create a thin weld around the bottom as well, so that sucker's not going anywhere most likely. I did want to put a couple bolts in there as well like you did, but I was in a hurry to finish, and getting those holes to line up with the shell would have been a real pain.
Yea well I figured I'm investing lots of time and money into these projects wanted to make sure it'll last lol. And your right getting the holes to line up on the shell and booster tube was a pain in the ass but I think it will be worth it in the long run.
GBStantz wrote:Great pack build! Love the mounting ideas.

2 quick questions.

1. What size dowels did you use for irricanian's injector tubes?
2. What size socket head cap screws did you used to mount the bumper?

Thanks!
1. The dowel was a skosh small for irricanian's injector tubes but I wanted room for the 2 part epoxy. 1 1/4" is the size dowel I used and it worked perfect.
2. The socket head cap screws are 1/4 x 1.5"
jt001 wrote:A copy of this thread should be posted in the tutorials section. Great job!
I might just do that once im all done, make on big post and start a thread over there in tutorials. Thanks for the idea.
wbundrick wrote:I can't wait to see how the hammered metal finish looks on the pack, as I'm thinking about doing that too.
You and me both, Ive never used this type of paint before It looked pretty good on the n filters. But don't know how it'll look on a larger scale.

And one big thank you to everyone's great comments, I love hearing the feed back/constructive criticisms!

And one little picture to say goodnight with...
2 nice shiny silver pack shells
Libtechinit wrote:Sunday update time, I'm not going to be throwing up many pictures tonight though as I am exhausted and need a little sleep before work again tomorrow lol, I'll throw the pictures up later on. Pretty much what I accomplished today was one more coat of primer on everything for the pack and 2 coats of the silver metallic. I also, between coats of paint, started the throwers. I have drilled all the holes for switches, lights, bolts and other misc parts that attach to the main gun body (I have pics of it all) as well as puttied up all the imperfections so it'll dry all week and be ready to sand Friday. I didnt do any work on the rear or forward handles yet. Gives me plenty to do between the hammered black paint coats.

Now to answer a few questions...
Logan Cade wrote:I’m curious how you cleaned up the tops on the filler and injector tubes and did the weld sculpts. I’m going to start on that soon using some Aves Apoxie Sculpt. Any tips before I start my own trial and error?
Well I'm using magic sculpt on my build, so im not to sure how your sculpting epoxy works. With my magic sculpt I can use water to smooth it out and give it a pretty nice finish. I just spread my epoxy over the surface making sure its fairly even across the tops. The just a touch of water on my fingertip in a light circular motion to smooth it all out. As for the weld lines make sure you have some latex or similar gloves on (you don't want fingerprint marks) then use the tip of your finger nail to kinda poke small notches all the way around, as you poke your finger nail into the putty, push back into the putty slightly to create a little raised lip against the last nail line you made. Its really hard to explain with just typing. I'll do a small quick tutorial on this next weekend and post it up, be way easier to explain that way.
GhostGuy wrote:Damn dude, you built that thing like a tank! I thought I put some serious effort into making my pack able to withstand people yanking on stuff a bit, but yours takes the cake.

Yea well I figured I'm investing lots of time and money into these projects wanted to make sure it'll last lol. And your right getting the holes to line up on the shell and booster tube was a pain in the ass but I think it will be worth it in the long run.
GBStantz wrote:Great pack build! Love the mounting ideas.

2 quick questions.

1. What size dowels did you use for irricanian's injector tubes?
2. What size socket head cap screws did you used to mount the bumper?

Thanks!
1. The dowel was a skosh small for irricanian's injector tubes but I wanted room for the 2 part epoxy. 1 1/4" is the size dowel I used and it worked perfect.
2. The socket head cap screws are 1/4 x 1.5"
jt001 wrote:A copy of this thread should be posted in the tutorials section. Great job!
I might just do that once im all done, make on big post and start a thread over there in tutorials. Thanks for the idea.
wbundrick wrote:I can't wait to see how the hammered metal finish looks on the pack, as I'm thinking about doing that too.
You and me both, Ive never used this type of paint before It looked pretty good on the n filters. But don't know how it'll look on a larger scale.

And one big thank you to everyone's great comments, I love hearing the feed back/constructive criticisms!

And one little picture to say goodnight with...
2 nice shiny silver pack shells
Great, thanks man.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]