Hello!

I am brand new to the forum and I wanted to reach out to the community as I am doing a lot of research and the more information I get the harder this is actually becoming.

I am hand building my first proton pack for Cosplay and I have most of it done, it just needs to be assembled really, however I really want to add sounds to the proton pack. However, I have never really installed electronic wiring before and I was reading the forums and everyone loves the Pack: Amplified Sound Board, but it seems it's out of stock every time I look for it.

What I am asking for is the most basic and easy to install sound board and speaker. I don't need really any bells and whistles, I just want the Pack Turn on sound (hum optional not needed), proton gun fire and pack shut down soundboard. I also need a good speaker to go with it, I would really like to avoid anything that requires an amplifier to be attached to the sound board and I would love if it came prewired or with those easy to clip in wires or just an easy way all around to wire them.

I took the budget light approach, as my pack is unique and not really supposed to be movie quality, as I wanted my own flair on the proton pack.

But any advise on an easy to install or pre wired soundboard and speaker (the speaker on the shop looks nice too) would be greatly appreciated!

Also -- Do the sound boards come with the battery packs already installed or do I have to purchase those separately and whats a good one to get? and does the speaker require a additional battery pack or does it draw the power from the soundboards battery pack?

If anyone could just link me or list the easiest to use Speaker / Soundboard (Battery Packs if not are included) I would be grateful

- Michael
By kregiec
I have tried a few types of hookups over the years and my favorite is the amplified Gbfans soundboard along with Gbfans wand lights with ribbon connector (making connecting the sound and lights together easy) the most. The sound quality is great and simple but also has many options for different sounds to choose. It makes things easy with wiring and you don't have to worry about adding a amplifier since it's already built in. The sound board requires 8 ohm speaker so 8ohm speaker or even two 4 ohm speakers wired in series. Any decent car speaker or the one sold on site is fine.
You will need a 12v battery to power whatever sound board you decide . I currently have the 12v blue brick lithium battery you can find on site or on eBay. The soundboard doesn't power itself so you need a battery to power it. The Blue Brick battery so definitely the way to go.
The Gbfans soundboard really makes wiring about as easy as it can get

I've tried other sound boards and setups and in my opinion this is my favorite setup .
Gbfans amplified soundboard
Gbfans wand light
Jupiter pack lights (Gbfans pack lights great too)
12V blue brick lithium battery
Gbfans ribbon connector to connect sound and wand lights together
Two 4ohm (= 8ohms) car speakers I had laying around.

Again this is just my opinion . Hopefully it's not out of stock too long just keep checking site and try to catch it when in stock. Good luck and have fun!

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]