Okay, I know it's been a while, but I'm finally doing some more work on the pack. I've been having issues with work, moving, and other stuff. So... sorry for the wait. So far I have completed the housing and attached an ALICE frame to it. (Pictures to come)

One problem I am having though, is weather or not to make the neutrona sword or not...

Don't get me wrong, I want to make the sword, but I think making a medieval neutrona wand would be more recognizable to people who aren't hardcore fans. I want to get input on this before I start making it.

I understand the sword would be more true to the comic and it was the predominate weapon in those times, but I can't shake the fact that a "gun"-like weapon would be better recognized at ren-fairs. Plus, I wouldn't have to explain why I'm using a sword over a gun (ie "Well in the comics, it was like this...")

What do you guys think? :whatever:
Okay, okay!

I'll do the sword!!

But right now, I'm working on the pack and trap. The sword will be made last (I need to order a sturdy wood sword)

When i hit a bump in the pack, I'll start working on the goggles. The trap will be finished first. Again, I will post pictures soon.

I still need to design a PKE meter... any suggestions??
The Stiff wrote:I think those brass bits on the top are a bit too shiny/sparkly. Maybe try roughing up the surface of them a bit?

:cool: They are actually pretty dulled up. Those "Sparkles" are just the cracks in the finish caught by the flash of my camera. I can rough them up a bit more, but it will still "sparkle" with a flash.
whiteboygus wrote:
The Stiff wrote:I think those brass bits on the top are a bit too shiny/sparkly. Maybe try roughing up the surface of them a bit?

:cool: They are actually pretty dulled up. Those "Sparkles" are just the cracks in the finish caught by the flash of my camera. I can rough them up a bit more, but it will still "sparkle" with a flash.

you might even want to do a wash with brown leather dye or some shoe polish. it'll age/weather it a little more.
By Mat
Looking great! I love how the trap came out and I can't wait to see what becomes of the pack! You could age the brass with ammonia. I've seen the results on wood, but I haven't seen it on brass myself, but it wouldn't hurt giving a go on some scrap pieces! It's the second of the two methods of aging brass in the link below.

http://www.whitechapel-ltd.com/ganti.html
By Vee
I wish you the best of luck, sir! This is one pack build I've been super duper excited about. I'm really interested in seeing how the cyclotron turns out!
Nonagon wrote:I wish you the best of luck, sir! This is one pack build I've been super duper excited about. I'm really interested in seeing how the cyclotron turns out!
Thanks Nonagon. The effect of the Cyclotron will be that of a wood stove with a fire burning inside it.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

For your bubbling effect, have you considered going the route of bubbler Xmas lights? No need for more than an incandescent light source for heat, and the liquid inside some cannibalized bubbler bulbs, which you can order from Xmas light suppliers:

http://www.amazon.com/C7-Replacement-Bu ... B000IO2S9E

Like so. It's a great effect, and probably a ton easier than working up an aquarium bubbling system, I'd think.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Carpeteria wrote:For your bubbling effect, have you considered going the route of bubbler Xmas lights? No need for more than an incandescent light source for heat, and the liquid inside some cannibalized bubbler bulbs, which you can order from Xmas light suppliers:

http://www.amazon.com/C7-Replacement-Bu ... B000IO2S9E

Like so. It's a great effect, and probably a ton easier than working up an aquarium bubbling system, I'd think.
Believe it or not, I did think about going that route. But in the long run, I think this system is a lot simpler. The oil for the bulbs is a bit more difficult to acquire than water. And the bubbler rig is fairly straightforward. If I decide to make another pack, I'll explore different options.
I actually just started working on this myself. I have a smaller budget because I currently have no job so I'm not making the top part bubble. I susbtituted it for a light up witch's brew bottle decoration. It looks okay so far so let's hope in the long run it turns out.
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]