By DonstonSmalls
Hey yall!

Ive been working on a build on and off since the rona times hit and I am at a crossroads. I have purchased the full GBFans pack and gun light kits before afterlife was released and I fell in love with the new cyclotron. Im zeroing in on a point in my build where I can start installing electronics, BUT I want to figure out how to get the new cyclotron light features. I know there are other suppliers of electronics kits out there that do what I want and are compatible with one another, but Im not big on buying a whole new setup. So I guess is I am asking if there is a way to make my setup work with the effects I want. Should I buy a neopixel/ arduino set up and just run it off of the ports on the sound kit? Or are there other options out there?

Thanks for the advice in advance yall! I appreciate it.
By egon901
There's a post on the boards called Favorite Cyclotron light sequence? that has at least one link to somebody that makes something similar to what you want. I've also read on here that some people were going to use Neo pixel rings or strips to do the same effect. Sorry, I couldn't find the specific thread for that info. If you wanna know how it was done in the movie, I have a video for you.

By NotSabbat
You could try the 3d printed Ghostbusters props facebook group, they have it pretty well figured out there.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=3 ... rs%20props

Here is a video of what it looks like, but you'll need to go to the FB group to get the files.

Assuming you are OK with a solution that LOOKS correct, but isnt mechanical. If you want to go the mechanical route, it wont be much help.
Last edited by Kingpin on March 30th, 2022, 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
Kingpin liked this
By jonogunn
NotSabbat wrote: March 30th, 2022, 11:21 am You could try the 3d printed Ghostbusters props facebook group, they have it pretty well figured out there.

Here is a video of what it looks like, but you'll need to go to the FB group to get the files.

Assuming you are OK with a solution that LOOKS correct, but isnt mechanical. If you want to go the mechanical route, it wont be much help.
Isn’t that video ninja tunes kit?
By mburkit
Not that I am selling any of this, but I've created a spinning cyclotron set up that is basically the same as what they had in the Afterlife props.

And here is how it looks in my pack with my audio set up.

tobycj, Finhead, Kingpin and 3 others liked this
By NotSabbat
jonogunn wrote: March 30th, 2022, 2:10 pm
NotSabbat wrote: March 30th, 2022, 11:21 am You could try the 3d printed Ghostbusters props facebook group, they have it pretty well figured out there.

Isn’t that video ninja tunes kit?

Maybe? I had assumed that the powercell was a Ninjatunes kit and the cyclotron was made from the files on the 3d printed ghostbusters FB, but Ninjatunes may be offering a cyclotron light kit as well.

Regardless, that is what the cyclotron lights look like when you use the lights/programming/3d files from the 3d printed Ghostbusters props facebook group, so its still a good example of the end effect.
By NotSabbat
mburkit wrote: March 30th, 2022, 2:20 pm Not that I am selling any of this, but I've created a spinning cyclotron set up that is basically the same as what they had in the Afterlife props.

And here is how it looks in my pack with my audio set up.

Whoa! Thats really amazing! do you have a build thread somewhere? I tried to search for your posts, but wasnt able to find anything.

Well done!
By mburkit
NotSabbat wrote: April 4th, 2022, 11:47 am
Whoa! Thats really amazing! do you have a build thread somewhere? I tried to search for your posts, but wasnt able to find anything.

Well done!
I haven't made a build thread yet. I have made a few posts about my pack build in the Afterlife Research thread, but I haven't made a dedicated thread. I may do that eventually.
GBKid1984 liked this

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]