By mburkit
So its that time of year AGAIN! I've got the itch to build something Ghostbusters related and this time its not from the movies. I'm going to try and tackle a game pack. Particularly the Meson Collider upgrade. I've spent the last few days sourcing materials for the build, particularly the hardware. Once I have some more time to sit down and take good photos of all the parts I have, then do side by side comparisons with the in game parts, I will post more photos and explanation. But for now, I'll just show you some of the stuff that has come in already.

The build itself will consist of a heavily modified Fiberglass pack shell, hopefully a Nick-a-tron gun kit, and a ton of real and scratch built parts.

Here's some of the parts, but no where close to all of them.

And some comparison shots of my inprogress slime tank next to my GB1 pack for size reference:

More is coming. Sadly the post-man isn't as fast as I wish he could be.
maranzintosh, Morydees, Human_3D and 3 others liked this
By Mr.Spider
you and me both buddy, I have a vacuform shell sitting here, and I'm highly thinking about turning it into a game pack...DESPITE
, already having 4 packs lol. I will watch this with envy buddy.
By mburkit
Okay, onto some of the the hardware choices for this build. There are some compromised I had to make since I am replicating a virtual prop, but I think I'm making out okay so far. So lets begin . . .

First up are the replacements for the Legris 4mm Elbows and Clippard L-fittings found on the movie packs:

For the elbow, it seems to me that they are now brass/gold in color so I decided to get all brass elbows. As for the L-fittings, the ones in the game seem to have a slotted screw on top so I searched around and found clippard makes something similar. After they arrived though, I wasn't happy with how much smaller they are then the movie L-Fittings so at this point, I'm still debating if I'll use them.

Moving onto the Ion Arm and its resistors.

The game pack seems to have mixed it up a little with what resistors are on the ion arm. Now it looks like there's 2 Dale RH-25's on it and who knows what else next to the one. I'm either going to use a Dale RH-50 there or chop up a resin one I have to get the look that is on the game model.

Next up is the project box on the slime tank.

This looks like a combination of both project boxes off the Slimeblower prop from GB2. I chose to use the smaller project box. I also have the 2 Linrose lamps from the Slimeblower and I await my model tank for the treads on the side and the black piece between the colored lamps.

Last (for now), is the banjos on the wand.

I chose to use Nycoil banjos accurate to the second film. I feel they are the closest thing to what they tried to model on the game model.

As for the slime tank itself, I'm going to construct it from 3.5" OD acrylic tube and use 2 3.5" OD domes for either side of the tank.

I am still debating how I will construct the black "cap" on the bottom of the tank.

That's it for now folks, until I get more stuff in.
Human_3D liked this
By Not404Error
Uhhh... do you want higher quality screen grabs? I can try to get some for you tomorrow.
By mburkit
The screen caps I have are fine, I was just rushing to do the comparison shots and up-scaled them to match the resolution of my camera's photos instead of doing it the other way around. That's why they don't look that amazing in these shots.
By mburkit
Got something in the mail today that's for both this project and a future project down the road at some point.

My Tamiya 1/35th Kampfpanzer Leopard kit # MM-164A model!
This is the model that some of the very small detail pieces of the slimeblowers from GB2 came from. Some of those details are replicated on the game pack as well.

So with the tank model, I can do this!

There's more then enough tread that I can use some for this project without hindering my ability to use the real thing on a slimeblower (someday). But there's only 2 of the other detail piece and I need both for the slimeblower so I'm going to probably cast everything up and use a resin copy on this build.

Sadly, that's all that came in the mail today, but at least it was pretty cool.
Human_3D, EnderWeggen liked this
By ProtonCharger
lemme get some copies of those tank parts.

how does the slime blower project box look on the tank?
By mburkit
ProtonCharger wrote: . . . how does the slime blower project box look on the tank?
Kind of like this:

The project box is physically thicker then the in game model of it. My tank is 3.5" OD and I don't know if increasing the tank size to 4.0" OD would make that much of a difference in the size.
Human_3D, EnderWeggen liked this
By ProtonCharger
mburkit wrote: The project box is physically thicker then the in game model of it. My tank is 3.5" OD and I don't know if increasing the tank size to 4.0" OD would make that much of a difference in the size.
yeah thats what i was thinking too. i have a project box from radio shack that was 4 X 2 X 1, but after seeing yours, i opted to get the ones from the shop instead. with so much i have to custom on this thing, the least amount of work that i have to do the better. i want to get it close, i want to get it really close, but im not TOOOOOOO concerned with accuracy. at the very least the movie elements part of my pack will be accurate, and that's good for me.

now i have to figure out what else i need from the surplus store, so i can get those orange and blue lenses.

i dont know if i asked you before, but why a straight up game pack, from stylized and simple pieces(like the brass legris fitting instead of a legris elbow)? instead of just upgrading a regular movie pack?
By ProtonCharger
i am ashamed to admit, but that is exactly what i was talking about. that's two strikes against using that tank for gijoes.
it's the wrong scale.
project box makes it look like it was kicked out of starwars.
By mburkit
I dont know if i asked you before, but why a straight up game pack, from stylized and simple pieces(like the brass legris fitting instead of a legris elbow)? instead of just upgrading a regular movie pack?
Mostly because I haven't seen anyone do a game pack right, that's why.
Human_3D liked this
By Judhudson
I used an empty fire extinguisher for my slime tank. Very lightweight... It was my first pack build, so it wasn't exactly done perfectly - I'm sure you could do much, much better :)

By ProtonCharger
mburkit wrote:
kind2311 wrote:matt, you'd better find the proper size/color pattern bungee cords or so help me god . . .
I hear they got 'em at Harbor Freight, I just have to build up the courage to go over there. . .
good luck with that, i dont have any idea how long they have to be, and they arent the right color for sure. ive been there and eyeballed bungee chords at every hardware store imaginable.

but with out any idea how long they have to be, im stumped.
By Skyknight
Judhudson wrote:I used an empty fire extinguisher for my slime tank. Very lightweight... It was my first pack build, so it wasn't exactly done perfectly - I'm sure you could do much, much better :)
That's what I would do if I were to make a game pack.

Also the brass box on top of the slime tank looks like it was made from some CPU watercooling system.(on the ingame pictures that is)
By mburkit
Skyknight wrote:Also the brass box on top of the slime tank looks like it was made from some CPU watercooling system.(on the ingame pictures that is)
The brass box on top of the slime tank is actually a scaled down version of the power supplies that can be found on the GB2 slimeblowers. I am going to try and scratch build mine out of 1/32" thick brass sheet. Should be interesting.
By kevinj319
I'll be keeping my eye on this thread; looking forward to seeing what you can do with this!

Just a thought, has anyone tried to rip the pack and gun models from the game in order to extrapolate the measurements of the new components?
mburkit wrote:
Skyknight wrote:Also the brass box on top of the slime tank looks like it was made from some CPU watercooling system.(on the ingame pictures that is)
The brass box on top of the slime tank is actually a scaled down version of the power supplies that can be found on the GB2 slimeblowers. I am going to try and scratch build mine out of 1/32" thick brass sheet. Should be interesting.

Hope you bought bandages :P
By John Stevens 87
The creativity you guys have is remarkable.good luck with this.plus can't wait to see this thing lighting-up like the 4th of July :D

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]