By rayp_Stantz
Hi! Hope this thread is in the right place if not sorry, my first post :D
I started monday last week and found the plans here at GBfans.com.
Please keep in mind its all still WIP.
Some parts like the spacer were first done in CAD on paper then taken to Wood.

First i did the Crank Generator

For the HGA i modified a spraycan cap

Then i did the synchronous Generator. I used two Wood parts and in the middle i used Styrodur.

Then a metal frame all around ( Looks good and you cant spray Styrodur...it melts )

For the cyclotron i used two "flowercans". For the N-Filter i combined a Dr.Pepper Can with a spraycan cap

The EDA and PPD was build in two main parts

All together with ION arm added Looks like this

Then i build the Boosterframe and put all parts together

Today i added the ( half ) powercell. Injectortubes will follow tomorrow.
And this is how far iam today...

I really hope u guys like it until now was a hell of work.
Greets from Germany
By rayp_Stantz
Thanks for the nice words. :D

Today i closed the cyclotron "borders". And build the spacer piece. Added those two cylinders ( they come from the motherboard through the spacer.
Injectortubes still not ready...had problems with adding them.
By rayp_Stantz
Thank you.

A few minutes ago i added another step to the spacer.

And some other stuff

Hope i can "overspray" the wood texture of the cylinders...lets find it out tomorrow.
By Rowan J. Zweig
rayp_Stantz wrote:Thank you.

A few minutes ago i added another step to the spacer.

And some other stuff

Hope i can "overspray" the wood texture of the cylinders...lets find it out tomorrow.
I've read that putting on a coat of modpodge and sanding it will help get rid of the wood grain texture. Than you can prime/paint/etc. Not gotten to try it yet, but maybe someone can back me up on this?
By rayp_Stantz
Back in black!
Now i dont have more money for further parts. As soon ive some again, ill go on building.

Will add some weathering soon. Any ideas how?

Iam really happy with the results.
What do you think?

Greets
By Alan Hawkins
There are a few methods for weathering on YouTube.

PERSONALLY (meaning, "Hey! This is just what I do and not something I think you have to do." since this is your pack and not mine...) I like making them look like new, then get dusty and banged up over time on their own. The screen used packs had very few places that metal showed through. I do scuff up the Ion Arm Cap on my packs and sometimes the grips on the thrower. But the best results for a GB2 pack is to use Fullers Earth and dust it up real good. You can search that and find a few DIY threads here.

If you do break out the silver paint. Remember, LESS = MORE. If in real life your pack was going to get scuffed up it would be on the highest points. And probably just a slight scratch. These guys are walking through haunted buildings, not the dreaded Amazon Sandpaper and Steel Brush Jungle.

I hope this is helpful.
;)
By rayp_Stantz
Thank you guys for the tips so far.

Today wasnt a good day. Reworked some parts, some with good results, some not :(

Anyway...did some paint corrections again. Here you can see every pack part is a single object

A new HGA made of heavy metal :D

Just ordered some blaster / thrower parts on Ebay. :D ( will take some time from USA to Germany )
By rayp_Stantz
Ok back in Business.

Ordered like crazy parts. Nearly all arrived except of the "super smoke Generator" for my "moving N-Filter" :D
My ALICE Frame should come this week too btw :D

Talked to some "steel guys" maybe ill get Booster and some other parts/cyclinders made from heavy metal next days lets see.

Invested +-60€(!) until i had a bakeform which fits. The rest did Mr.Baal, good man btw :D

Shorten the injector tubes to correct size

A friend called "Fat Oscar" did some woodturning with good results. Check out the new PPD circles

Fat Oscar also did this wonderfull N-Filter. Its three parts. A "car-doorclose-Motor" extends the upper part of the filter if a button is hold. I used 12v to feed the Motor. If the filter is open, smoke Comes out of the holes in the inner cylinder. Its still heavy WIP, anyway here some first results

Also i ordered a lot of parts for the thrower ( man ... 31€ shipping + 27€ Customs ... that sucks )

My "CAD - man" Chris made those wonderfull "Bumper Frame CADs" to start build with

well...a lot of work...but no more money ...like always :D
Greets
By rayp_Stantz
Some small progress updates...not much, feeling sick somehow :(

China - Cyclotron :D

I have to say the Cyclotron was the hardest part for my taste. But now iam happy. ^^
One, two, three and four its Cyclomas :D

ALICE stuff arrived

Put the blaster parts together, but not clued yet just drilled a bit, prepared the parts etc.

Smoke Generator came...but have to say it sucks. The e-cig-mod seams the best solution.

Ordered some electric stuff for lights ( like powercell and cyclotron [ +-50 LEDs :D ] ). Need to get some Epoxy for the blaster soon.
Oscar is woodturning the last missing "Clippard R-701 valve" :D ...lets see

Greets
By Macka
Mate, Full Respect there cause it looks awesome. I am also building my own Proton Pack and Wand but chose to go with lighter materials much to my dismay as things have not gone the way I thought they would but hey, Gotta try right.
OCP_Model-001 liked this
By Nicholszz
:crunch:
You... You've earned it.

Keep it up. looking amazing for your first build from scratch!
By rayp_Stantz
Thank you all. After all the work reading this is like gettin money :D
...Gotta try right.
Yes of course.

Connecting cables n stuff isnt that easy ^^
...Cakelotron :D
just seen the right one needs some correction ...damn...
Note: PDA is hanging over the table ( 2nd motherboard not installed right now ) thats why theres so much space to the crank generator ;)

Ordered a rainbow cable in hong kong...not the original but a rainbow cable :D

Greets
By rayp_Stantz
Again thank you guys.

Some of the electric stuff arrived and i installed for first test and so on
As u can see its the "no more money christmas solution". Its not very close to the movie...anyway its looking nice somehow. ^^ And i only managed to find warmwhite :(
Maybe ill order the gbfans kit some day cause videos of it rock...

If youre building a pack youll see every "mistake" and much things you wanna do in another way [except of the Robocop dude his pack is already perfect :D]. Looking at other things youre asking yourself how you did it :D ...but i guess instead of a 2nd pack ill work for ever on this one (and too lazy to build again) :D ...who knows.

Today ive seen my rainbowcable ( 8€ - 2 weeks shipment - will arrive in March ) for 5€ and three days shipment...damn! ^^

What can i use for the powercell window?
What do u guys take?
Blue Plexiglas ? Plexiglas with blue "car-window-foil" ?
Thanks for all tips

Greets
By rayp_Stantz
Thanks for the info.

Clued the blaster with 2k epoxy. All parts i want in black first:
Who you gonna call? ^^

Found new LED stuff for the powercell will arrive next week (please ignore the led-line shown in this pic :D)
Kingpin liked this
By rayp_Stantz
New LEDs arrived and ive to say i love them! Theyre programmed now in all kind of scanner modes, movie based and some other animations. They are bright like hell and use 12v. Did some wiring...
Cant wait to see with blue Plexiglas :D

Finally you can see it in action!

Iam very happy with the result.
By rayp_Stantz
Thank you.

Searched hours. Look for "12v car Knight rider scanner led Strip".
Most from China.
I managed to find a german seller 14euro with shipping! Connect 12v power...done!

Greets

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]