By Azuran
Let me give a bit of back story to this. A couple months ago, a friend of mine decided he was going to go to Anime Weekend Atlanta as a Ghostbuster. I initially didn't take him too seriously until he dropped money on a pack and he begged my roomie and I to follow suit, and that since he had this pack (Which he has HEAVILY modified to me more accurate, very little of the original pack remains besides the cyclotron and clippards.) he could easily make us packs with an investment of time and money... I had no money to start building this big of a project. But then he was looking for more reference pics for his pack and he came across the tainted love pack:

I immediately fell in love with this thing, and hesitantly agreed to work on building one from scratch.

I don't have any photos from pre-building this because i started out with so many different things and scrapped them in favor of others. I looked more and more at the pics to try to match scale and look, but time is running out until convention time. I had to cut some things in favor of others, and right now i have to finish some detail work on the pack and my 'gun' is going to be sub par compared with the rest of the unit. Total cost invested into this so far is around $100-$150 if you include all the paint and everything else I've had to buy. But without any further ado, I present to you a light test, which I modified and spliced from the old light kit my friend had in his pack before modding.

This is still incomplete but i have literally 2 more days to work on this before it has to be ready to go, and the gun is barely started (And unpictured) So that's going to be a hack job. I may restart from complete scratch after the convention and document that building a bit more closely. Will probably update this more next week. Any opinions welcome (Except for shitty lighting and camera, will try to work on that, too)
By Azuran
Thanks for the positive opinions! Also i just stuck the blue lights there even though they aren't on the comic pack. I thought they looked appropriate there, and I didn't want to waste the lights.
By Azuran
Hard to see in this pic but in the background is me with the pack. Middle is our friend doing a more movie accurate pack, and foreground is a Steampunk Ghost Buster.

And their packs from the back:

Gun turned out really crappy due to lack of time, but hopefully will get it worked out better.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]