My build of Proton Chargers Pepakura Proton Pack design. If you want to do the same thing start here -

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=24730

These two pieces have taken me three days. I'm doing a little bit to each part as I have time.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 0841_n.jpg

Last edited by Alan Hawkins on November 20th, 2012, 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
ProtonCharger liked this
By Alan Hawkins
chibigear wrote:Looking good!
KCGhostbuster wrote:Coming along nicely.
Thanks guys! Slow and steady...
chibigear wrote:I just LOVE your choise of scissors man! I never knew that Fiskars were available abroad..!
I found them at Joann's Fabrics, they were the most inexpensive of the nice scissors they had. So far they cut nicely.
By Alan Hawkins
Sunday and today was the CRANKGEN -

This pile of foil backed card stock will become a box... Even if it kills me.

BOX!

Yes, I chased the dog around the house while making a NOM-NOM-NOM sound... Who are you to judge me?

I need to tighten up a tab on the left.

One step closer...

By Alan Hawkins
Spent yesterday and ALL of today on the Cosmetic Plating and it was going great... Until I put the last three panels together and the whole deal warped. I tried going back and seeing if I could adjust the problem. Rip. Rip. Tear. TRASH!

Instead of punching a hole in my wall and possibly waking the baby I think I will drink some Fat Tire Winter Ale until I no longer care...

Try #2 in the morning.
By Alan Hawkins
Try #2 = GREAT SUCCESS! (I'll spare you the Borat thumbs up image. We have all seen it. And now you see it in your mind as you read this... Sorry about that.)

COSMETIC PLATING

So this was the point that the last one started warping and I did not notice it until I was pretty much done. This time I built the part up as much as I could until I got to the point that I could add the curved pieces. I got those tagged in nice and even. Then as I built the rest I made adjustments as I went along to keep the whole part laying flat.

DONE!

Next up the spacer...
By gEkX
Nice!
Its good to see all went well. The spacer is easy once you get started.
My only advise is trace out those alignment marks like PC did in his thread.
Oh and your through MOST of the tricky stuff. I say most because the cyclotron is.. fun. :)
Everything looks really clean so far. Keep it up!
By Alan Hawkins
gEkX wrote:Oh and your through MOST of the tricky stuff. I say most because the cyclotron is.. fun. :)
Everything looks really clean so far. Keep it up!
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Cyclotron... Thanks for the support! I'll be pleased if my build comes out half as well as yours man.
By ProtonCharger
that is just too beautiful for words. thank you for giving this a shot, and doing it in spades!
By Alan Hawkins
Cyclotron time! Been a Hell of a week and have not had the time to spend on this that I would like but today was pretty open so I finished this up -

Proton Charger had some issues with this part and if he had issues I KNEW I WOULD! To be safe I extended all the tabs on these parts like so -

N-Filter space -

Backed in foil -

LOOKATTHATWILLYA?!?!?!?!

Next up I source some 1/8" Styrene and start the bumper.
By Alan Hawkins
Time for the Thrower!

I'm actually going to make five of these and five of the bumpers since the other guys in my group need them and so does my v1 Proton Pack. I LOVED this part of the build! Really well laid out part and a lot of fun!

First, check this -

So simple and easy. LOVED IT!

The only thing I think I will do different on the other four is to use a flat bottom instead of the recessed part.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]