Wondering if anyone knew if these are both small enough to go inside a full scale wand? Looked around and as im clueless about electronics these seem to be the most user friendly in terms of being plug and play. But as there's no dimensions on the listings i'm unsure if these would both fit into a wand. Also noticed the cable connecting the 2 is 8 feet long which would likely cause an issue in terms of space. Not sure if its possible to get this in a smaller length by request?
Hello.... not sure about the pack blaster but the the wand kit does fit but you do need some cram fu skills. As for the cable it can be cut and then the plug reattached. Just look up the directions for those parts. I believe there are links for that in the store
gerard55 liked this
DarkSpectre wrote: October 7th, 2020, 10:58 am The sound board is too big for the thrower. You'll need to house it in the pack. The wand lights should've come with a connection cable to run down the split loom
I don't actually have a pack or a wand as yet, was looking at getting a wand with both light and sound inside. There are smaller alternatives to the pack later board just probably not as user friendly.

Might just wait for an aluminium wand to be available and snag one of those as they generally have more space inside.
Marcus B wrote: October 7th, 2020, 3:06 pm Even if the board fit, which I don't think it will, you'd then need to add a speaker too which makes it even more cramped. I don't think it's possible with the GBFans stuff.
Yeah was thinking the same, wires, speaker, battery it would be an insanely tight squeeze. Seen a few other smaller sound boards like the adafruit audio fx mini, but i've no clue about how wiring those up and coupling the sounds with the button presses.

I'll figure something out, just thinking about waiting on an aluminium wand or going for a resin version.
Dove wrote: October 7th, 2020, 7:00 pm I think there's no way that would all fit in the wand. Just fitting the wand kit and lights in a full size thrower can be challenging lol.
There are smaller options for the audio that might well fit, the adafruit audio fx board for instance. Though it does involve more shenanigans with tieing the button push to a light and sound effect which on the gb fans kits are handled by a ribbon cable between them.

I think it can be done via the smaller boards with some good cable management and lots and lots of cursing. :)
Marcus B liked this
Mathew_impact1 wrote: October 8th, 2020, 8:52 pm Mount the sound board in th pack. Then mount a second speaker in the wand. It's extra wires, but it should work.
I don't actually have apack, or a wand currently besides the spengler wand. Looking to build a stand alone wand with light and sound. Just looking at the options for doing this :)

This looks like a beautiful book, I would love to […]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when I&[…]

I just couldn't help myself and had to add texture[…]

@GBfan77 No when I turn it off it still keeps firi[…]