By momeraths24
This is a build that I did a while back ago and I had some time tonight to finally do something for my self instead of answering PM regarding orders.

I always hated the fact that I was going to end up making a grip one day so I took a short cut. I started by placing a block of wood on my CNC table and ran the code to mill the wavy section for the fingers.

I made a template to use it as a guide when milling the outer and inner sections of the grip with the manual mill. I did not want to use the CNC to complete the grip although it would have been a hell of a lot faster and easier.

Once the sides and the inner section of the grip was completed, I milled the top section of it.

This is the part that I hated the most “sanding time.”
A pipe with the sandpaper wrapped around it took care of the inner section.
The outside of the grip was a completely different story.

Although it was more work that I thought it was going to be to complete the grip, the end result was great and now I have a “master” to cast my own grips.

I hope you guys enjoy this build thread.

Franchesky
By Filandrius
If I may, you should add the "angle" that's present on both ends of the screen-used grips. I don't think I've ever seen that detail replicated before.
By momeraths24
Filandrius wrote:If I may, you should add the "angle" that's present on both ends of the screen-used grips. I don't think I've ever seen that detail replicated before.
I'll be doing that manually after the casting. Since there's no way I'm going to be making another master grip, I wanted to keep the master as simple as possible. Also since both grips on the gun are a tad different, I can use 1 mold for both grips and modified them after.

Thank you guys for the complement. Stay tune for my gun kit build.

Franchesky
By ProtonCharger
Filandrius wrote:If I may, you should add the "angle" that's present on both ends of the screen-used grips. I don't think I've ever seen that detail replicated before.
a little bird says it's another neat feature of the new throwing chicken kit.
By momeraths24
Carpeteria wrote:Those look great, Franchesky! Any chance you'd ever consider selling wooden grips?
Only if I get to CNC the entire thing :)

I could make a small run here in a couple of month.

Franchesky

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances d[…]

You guys are MUCH better at IDing stuff than I am&[…]

Reboot hose attached. And Still working out a fe[…]

Thanks for making this thread - was able to follow[…]