By mburkit
While I wait for my front handle to be welded, I figured I'd work on at least part of the front assembly that I have parts for.

I went over to my uncle's shop and got to use the lathe for the first time. I used it to turn down some acrylic rod so it would fit inside the clear acrylic tube of the front handle. When I got home, I cut about a 1/2" length of it, and made myself a socket. Here's a test video of what I made:

The wires won't be running through the clear tube (like they are in the video) when I'm done. They will be fished through the banjos and 5/32" red tubing like the real packs. I'm saving the "drilling holes into my real legris banjos" for last because, to be honest, I'm terrified of the notion.

Well, its a small update, but hopefully next time I'll have my front handle in and everything installed.
TheRockman, Sutton621, jackdoud and 3 others liked this
By mburkit
Okay boys and girls, a year's worth of work has culminated in several photos and a video! Let me present to you, my new pride and joy! Be warned, I'm gonna throw alot of photos at you now.

The Pack

Close up of the "Stantz' weathering on the power cell and the accurate glued in Dale PH-25 resistor.

And of course, the GBFans Bellow (I talked AJ into sending me the sample)

Scratch built a top spacer then made a mold and cast a few. Here's the first one we cleaned up on the pack.

Last comment about the pack portion. Thanks to Mr. Tillson, I have an accurate switch plate to the Sony Hero on here. It is functional; this is where my kill switch is and where I plug in to charge my battery.

The Wand

My full aluminum thrower. It has parts from Vincenzo330, Nosllit, Jimbo7 and ChapterMasterTu'Shan.

Here's my flash bulb socket in the end of my extending clear tip.

Custom electronics, designed by friends and myself.

And the "glamour" shot

And last but certainly not least, the demo video of my baby in action!

I'd like to thank a bunch of people for helping out on this sucker. First and foremost, Mr. Vince "Vincenzo330" for being kind enough to let my friends and I modify and cast a Bigi330 shell as well as helping me out with a ton of the welded aluminum parts. I also want to thank jackdoud and ChapterMasterTu'Shan for helping throughout the whole process, from helping with the mold, to double checking details, to working with me to develop our electronics. Then there's Jimbo7, who was kind enough to machine me parts for exchange of compliments (and money). Let's not forget Mr. Chris "Nosllit" Tillson for all the help he gave me on the thrower, in particular, the knobs and the front handle assembly.

This puppy is finished, thank you all for following me on this magical journey into nerdom.
jackdoud, quietontheset, Jonobiwan and 9 others liked this
By julz
By THEbryon
Something strange with this thread.

When I view this thread on the GB Fans app, this picture is visible....

when I click the picture to enlarge it.....

... but when I view this thread on the phone's internet browser or on my computer that picture disappears!

Is my phone haunted?
Do I need to burn my phone for being a witch?
By ChapterMasterTu'Shan
mburkit wrote:
Vincenzo330 wrote:All I know is, I LOVE this shot!
All I know is that its perfectly balanced so that it stands on its own without a silly guitar stand for photos!
So does mine!

>.>

<.<
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]