By quietontheset
Hey everyone, I was wondering if there are any Southern California guys who wouldn't mind lending a hand to help set up my pack. I basically have everything fitted and just need to paint then wire it up.

If there is anyone located in the Irvine or trabuco canyon area let me know. It would be cool to meet some guys and assemble the pack.

Here is what I currently have so far.

Scott-
Last edited by quietontheset on January 25th, 2013, 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoeLuna33 liked this
By JoeLuna33
Looks like a real nice set up you have there Scott. Looks ready for paint and final assembly to me.
By quietontheset
Yeah, I thought it would be fun to do it with other gb guys in the area. I can prime and paint it but the think I need help with most is the lights and sounds. I think I have everything but its been a long time since I've had any time to look at it so some people who are familiar with this stuff would be cool to have help me get her going.
By JoeLuna33
It's always a good time to build with others. I'm in San Diego but hang with a group of guys in the LA and OC area. Do you have a flight suit and other uniform items?
Right on. I got the suit and boots as well. Today I am painting the pack if the weather holds and doesn't rain. As soon as I have the majority of the pack put back together I will start tearing down the wand and prepping it for paint.

Scott-
By JoeLuna33
Nice! It's a great collection of parts for sure. Make sure to post pics when you get it assembled.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By quietontheset
I got the bulk of the pack in primer this morning. I want to have this painted black and together by the end of the day if time permits. I want to let the last coat of primer dry for a few hours then hit the pack with the black to make sure I don't run into any problems with the layers drying.

Vee, JoeLuna33 liked this
Well, I got the pack painted up. I need to dremel out the areas for the lights so the sit even in the cyclo and the bar graph area needs some major sanding to get that acrylic piece to sit nice and flush.

I've tried to find out the length of the pack to the thrower and haven't found anything giving that length. Is this something people are eyeing or is there a specific length for that?

Scott-
JoeLuna33 liked this
Thank you for the reply. I also have one of the sound kits that I'm assembling using your methods. Right now I'm currently planning out how to lay out the electronics on the Mobo so very little is attached to the underside of the shell. I need to figure out how the exoray light kit for the gun interfaces into the light kit from the pack. I need to look into that a little bit more.
Very cool so basically very clean with not too much extra slack. I need to order some loom here this week and I also want to add some clear tubing to the inside of it to protect the wiring from being yanked. I also found some cool parts to do the attachments for the cyclo lights I want to hard wire into the mobo so I can completely separate the shell if I need to trouble shoot anything.
By JoeLuna33
If you order the non split loom from the gbfans shop you shouldn't need the clear tubing.

Pack looks great. Now go get that thrower painted up ;)
This weekend I got some things moving along again. The thrower is now back together. I located all of the loom tubing so that can now be installed. I also had some help from DerGrundel who came down and helped me out with building a bracket for the lights. A big thank you to him for taking the time to do so! I also shaved down the cyclo light holes so they are all even. I'm currently waiting for the 12V power supply to charge to see if I wired that up correctly. Hopefully nothing blows up.... I also took a quick vid of the pack with lights on. So of the elbows are being replaced along with the straights so they are more accurate.

Kingpin, Sutton621 liked this
By JoeLuna33
Looking good Scott! Time to get out there and start bustin.
Almost ready to get out there. I still need some insight on the exoray gun light kit. I really haven't tried to wire it up to anything yet and was waiting on some parts I ordered in the bg shop here on the site. I grabbed some hat lights so when those come in I will install them and try to figure out the wand lights.

I also have some killer labels for the pack that are arriving on Monday. :cool:

Scott-
I see a certain familiar Ghost in the background! Are you a member of USMB? Whose robe do you have?

The pack looks awesome! Great job! Are you planning on weathering it, or keeping it in "new" condition? Great work, man!
Lewis Tully wrote:I see a certain familiar Ghost in the background! Are you a member of USMB? Whose robe do you have?

The pack looks awesome! Great job! Are you planning on weathering it, or keeping it in "new" condition? Great work, man!
I'm over on that site USMB as well. Thats a pes studios part 2 style robe in the background and a Freddy and MBV miner next to it. On the pack I'm gonna let it weather on its on. A few scrapes here and there and in no time it should start to look the way it should. I'm not going to baby it too much and if things need to be repaired here or there thats totally fine with me. I pretty much have it buttoned up at the moment with help from a few CA guys that were very generous and lent a hand. I will get some pics and a write-up when I complete the last steps on this pack.

Scott-
I made some progress to the pack with the help of Crewes on the power cell light bracket and Donno and Luna with finalizing some of the pack parts and wiring in the thrower that had some bad connections. A big thanks to these guys for lending a hand getting things going.

Still looking for some vinyl labels.
Kingpin liked this
IPv6Freely wrote:Any chance you could show us more about this:

Also, where did you get your powercell lights bracket? Did you make it?

Crewes and I went to lowes with a basic idea for the mounting and decided to use the angle aluminum that was cut with a jig saw the riveted to some l brackets. We used small plastic spaces to lift the power cell lights off of the mount.

( I have a section we made that ending up being too short. My mistake on the dimensions that I can take a picture of for anyone interested.)

************ I used to work at a prosthetics limbs company and we had such a cool metal shop that building brackets would only take seconds with plans in hand. For my next pack I'm going to visit some friends there and make loads of brackets if people are interested. If people need things made I can have my coworker bend things with the tools to the correct dimensions.********************

The hose connection was done with clear tubing found at the local hardware store that is only a few inches long. I drilled a hole into the mobo and a hole in the tubing then added a washer and bolt to that to keep it secure to the mobo.

I'm going to open up the pack to paint the side walls of the shell black where some of the led light illuminates through the shell and will get some more detailed pics. The current ones I took before running wires to the thrower so I'm missing a few things as it currently sits.

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?