By Carpeteria
lunchbox739 wrote:A can of compressed air doesn't seem like it would be that bad as long as the can were not upside down....
When a can of compressed air is inverted, you can see the air as a fog or smoke - when it's right side up, there is no visible emission. For the effect to be visible, the can would have to be upside down. Otherwise, you'd just have invisible air coming out of your filter, which isn't really that impressive, unless you want to use your proton pack to help clean out someone's computer keyboard. In which case, it's extremely impressive.
By GhostGuy
cowbybill wrote:While I was reading this whole thing, a thought occurred to me, everyone is bringing up the toxicity and flammable aspects of this, I I'd like to add that you're dealing with compressed air ,c02, whatever. What if something were to come loose and turn your N-filter (or any part of your pack) into a projectile?
I can't see how that could happen. Have you ever heard of a can of compressed air flying off like a rocket? Or a paintball gun tank failing in such a fashion? Those tanks are designed to take a beating.

Also the amount of pressure we're talking about in the n-filter portion is fairly low. You wouldn't want high pressure gas because you'd blow through your tank of air in five minutes.

While it's true someone could crank the pressure way up and potentially cause some kind of failure, if you take the necessary precautions and test the thing when you're not in a crowded area, I don't see a problem. And no amount of discouragement is going to stop someone reckless from being reckless.
nstevic01, Ejgunth87 liked this
By kevinj319
Oh geez... NEVER buy the kind that says it includes a bitterant. One accidental tilt of the can and the air in your house will taste... yes taste... super awful. Takes forever to get rid if it, too.
By lunchbox739
The story there is tragic to be sure but that girl was huffing compressed air for a buzz and it killed her. This could have happened if she was huffing gas off whipped cream cans..... this is an example of how a seemingly harmless item can be deadly of used improperly.

I think the danger of using canned air for a vent effect has been well documented here and i understand why so many of you are against it.....not only is there a small chance a child could be injured but if something like that were to happen it would cast a negative light on the entire community not just the yahoo who owned the pack. I agree with you folks its a bad idea to roll up at a con using this stuff for the effect....its like eating out....if you can afford to go....you can afford to tip..... well in this case if you can afford to build a badass 1500+ dollar prop you can afford to buy a few cans of something a little more expensive and harmless. In the end if someone does get hurt its not just you that will feel the after
math....it will be all of us. There...there's my Mr Rogers moment for the decade.

Fyi If I missed a post where somewhere that had already said that...i apologize....i saw a few folks beating the man up over and nothing about why other then a small chance a child could get hurt if he was irresponsible while using it....so it seemed prudent
Vee liked this
nstevic01 wrote:
mburkit wrote:What are you using for your venting "steam"? I hope its not canned air. . .

Yes it is canned air, and has worked fine for the last year. I've been to about a dozen events without any issues, check out my build thread if you are interested in how I set it up.

How did you interface the can of air with the electric valve? I'm having trouble finding something that will attach to compressed air duster cans.

I missed out on the Haslab packs too. I am conside[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]