By legend642
I already made ​​a slight work to correct deformed area, but to fully correct I should dismantle too much, I think I might further ruin.
I noticed original proton packs have different deformed areas, for example, look at this photos, you may notice a deformation towards the center of the Cyclotron:

http://www.propsandreplicas.com/deformed02.jpg

http://www.propsandreplicas.com/deformed01.jpg
By julz
Wow great job!

Some serious skills going on in there.
That's an odd combination of pads on that frame. Did you piece it together? It appears someone did, as I am not aware of any period of time they used lc1 and lc2 straps. They do look to be in great shape.
By legend642
drjameshouse wrote:That's an odd combination of pads on that frame. Did you piece it together? It appears someone did, as I am not aware of any period of time they used lc1 and lc2 straps. They do look to be in great shape.

I do not know if this combination of pads has been really used, I bought on ebay (2 available):
Ebay Link Removed
Last edited by mburkit on April 23rd, 2013, 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Removed Ebay Link
By noslliT
legend642 wrote:
drjameshouse wrote:That's an odd combination of pads on that frame. Did you piece it together? It appears someone did, as I am not aware of any period of time they used lc1 and lc2 straps. They do look to be in great shape.

I do not know if this combination of pads has been really used, I bought on ebay (2 available):
Ebay Link Removed
Yes it was. Some GB2 packs have LC-1 shoulder straps and LC-2 kidney pads
noslliT wrote:Yes it was. Some GB2 packs have LC-1 shoulder straps and LC-2 kidney pads
I was aware there were LC-1 and LC-2 straps, but I didn't realize there was a mix of the straps/pads. Do you know if that was a military issue? Like was there a period of time between a complete LC-1 and LC-2 that they were using LC-1 shoulder straps and LC-2 kidney pads?

Back on track....Legend your attention to detail is great! I always love watching builds that go to this level of detail.
By mburkit
legend642 wrote:Even I knew combination pads for GB2 hero packs, in fact I wrote That is perfect for this version.
But I did not know if this really for military use.
(I apologize for posting ebay links).
Its okay. And yes, I agree this is the perfect combination for a GB2 hero pack. Their straps change depending on what scene they are in, but if you are shooting for how they look when they are fighting Vigo at the end (and how they packs appear on display after shooting) then you're using the correct setup.
By abaka
I actually think the sewing will be easier than expected. My issue is I spent a small fortune sourcing cordura fabric from US eBay and it never had the right match. In the end I cut my losses. If you find a shade that works, let me know!!
By lunchbox739
Camo green or OD green should work well for this modification. I've sourced cordura cotton/nylon fabric from eBay in my attempt to hand replicate lc1 straps....it is pricey and not an exact match but its close enough for me.

LC1 was a mil spec...several companies made LC1 rigs from what I can tell and the shades varied based on what company made it. To match the film 100% one would have to know what company(s) made the straps used on screen....
legend642 liked this
By lunchbox739
JCould just be the photo...but that looks almost yellow. The extra padding for hero packs look like straight up nylon in the films to me so I was going to try a OD green cordura for the body of the strap s and OD green nylon for the padded area.

The cloth I have are both OD green but the cordura cloth is slightly darker green then the nylon.

FYI.... those are harder to sew then they look and a standard plain Jane sewing machine won't cut it....you need something that can stitch thick layers to not break a needle every 10 minutes.

If you decide to try it with a regular machine...go slow
legend642 liked this
Worst case scenario you could probably buy a couple extra kidney pads and use the fabric from them. It looks like you would have enough fabric in one kidney pad to make one strap pad don't you think?
By abaka
I'll take some pictures of what I have left but none of it is a match. I've tried camo green, od green and even olive fabric. None of them look right.

I did consider buying a set of lc2 straps and cutting off the extra padding on those straps and using them.

I had moderate success sewing it by hand. It took a while but the needle didnt break once and the stitching was tight. Use a thin needle.
By abaka
I'll take some pictures of what I have left but none of it is a match. I've tried camo green, od green and even olive fabric. None of them look right.

I did consider buying a set of lc2 straps and cutting off the extra padding on those straps and using them.

I had moderate success sewing it by hand (on a prototype). It took a while but the needle didnt break once and the stitching was tight. Use a thin needle.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]