By nstevic01
This project is actually completed, but we were too busy to post it up while building. I'm sure we will get some flak from the purists out there, but Ghostbusters, to us has become something more than just wearing screen accurate gear. Our group, South Florida Ghostbusters, like many other GB groups do a ton of charity work and fundraising. So part of the inspiration for this pack was to show some personality in the build and to help bring in some younger ones who may not know what Ghostbusters are.

Time was of the essence for us, we only had a couple of months to scavenge, fabricate, and fine tune the build. Luckily we were able to procure several of the larger items from friends that had them lying around. Anything that wasn't bought pre-made, we fabricated out of aluminum or wood. All in, we had a budget of about $600 on this build.

First on the list was a shell, we procured this as a second hand one that our friend Chris Bryan had lying around.

Then a few other goodies

Purple LEDs will find a place

Chele decided to use these pencil boxes for the lenses

Picked up some wire to make a custom ribbon cable, themed split loom and hoses

Some of the paints that Chele used

Second hand Ion Arm, PVC booster, and wooden injectors, ppd, ion arm cap, beam line and filler tube.

Bent and cut our own motherboard brackets

We had our buddy Chris mold us up some custom purple hat lights, I think they came out good.

We have special plans for this little guy

All black Alice frame

Did a test fit of the motherboard

Test fitting of the other components

This is where is got a little crazy. We were all hesitant about cutting non-standard openings, but in the end we figured what the hell. The shell got a nice coat of black, and the inside walls of the openings were painted hot pink.

Lenses cut and installed

We managed to get our hands on one of the damaged GBfans real bellows. Chele cleaned it up and painted the cap

Test fit of the bumper and bellow

We started out with the standard Ion Cap, but felt it was lacking...so we made it into a coffin.

Ion Arm assembly completed and installed

Crank Knob painted

Chele painted the motherboard with a Monster High pattern. Installed the speaker and fabricated the bottom bracket.

Had a genius moment for the injectors. Came across these at Michaels and thought they would be perfect. I fabricated a custom bracket that would put them in place.

For the HGA, I came up with a clear cap, and found a home for the spider

Fabricated a custom n-filter from PVC

Installed the real clippard and various hoses/lines

Installed the ladder with a special touch

Pack and frame mounted

Misc. touches going on

Our friend Chris made us up a custom thrower...bats instead of the standard vent cutouts

Began painting, did a base coat of hot pink, then stenciled the thrower while painting it black

Little bit of wiring and lighting. The video of it all in action will be at the bottom of this post.

Chele made up some custom labels for the pack. Some various movie and Monster High references were included in them.

And here she is...all done

We did a preliminary lighting test to determine the color of the cyclotron lights

Secondary test of lighting, almost completed

Another demonstration, lights, music

We will get a full demo up soon with light, sounds, etc...
By Vee
As a casual Monster High fan, this is SO COOL. That thrower stenciling and the bat shaped vent lights are blowing my mind. EVERYTHING is blowing my mind. I love it!
I don't dig mash-ups, but there's definitely no shortage of talent or creativity here. Excellent work!
Alex Newborn liked this
    Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]