Wow Julz, you really outdid yourself with this one!! Fantastic work!
Thanks for the compliments guys :)

I'm very happy with how the motherboard turned out. I might poke some holes through the led shelf to let the sound through but you can still clearly hear it regardless.

And gbchef the black shrink wrap is ... ahem black shrink wrap :p

I just went into an electronics store and found the largest size I could find :cool: What ever fits over the gun ear and it's wires is large enough!
Vincenzo330 wrote:Julzy!

Rumor has it that there's a small package about to head your way with some certain, tiny, impossible-to-obtain-lately details that has only taken like a year of you pestering me to finally send ;)
julz wrote:Vincy!

Awesome, best to not put it in my thread so people don't find out, Okthanksbye
Now you have to share with the rest of the class. We won't be able to stand the suspense!
abaka liked this
By the way, what are those new batteries? They don't look like the typical blue bricks... do those work much better? I think I will do the dual power source as well, sounds like a worthwhile investment...
KagaSakai wrote:Now you have to share with the rest of the class. We won't be able to stand the suspense!
Haha, Vince is finally sending me some real dark grey legris that I found a while back on the land of bay :)
pyhasanon wrote:By the way, what are those new batteries? They don't look like the typical blue bricks... do those work much better? I think I will do the dual power source as well, sounds like a worthwhile investment...
I got the batteries from some advice from Matt Burkit. http://www.usledsupply.com/shop/12v-bat ... 00mah.html

They charge in 5 hours or so and have a little charge indicator on the battery so you can tell how full they are. I'm very happy with them, and they are easy to open up and snip the red led off. But they are not cheap...

Finally getting round to adding all the missing details... Like some dry rubs I created with Vince many moons ago for the store :cool: Really happy with how they turned out. AJ did a great job with the quality of printing.

I'm holding off attaching the red dots as I want to make and install the bargraph first!
Last edited by julz on February 7th, 2018, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
legend642, alphabeta001 liked this
A few more stickers :cool:

Last edited by julz on February 7th, 2018, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
alphabeta001 liked this
Nawww thanks Nick :roland:

I ticked a few more details off my list today...

Sanded the top of the gun track to match most of the hero's I've seen ( learned this from legends thread), and finally got round to adding the spacer in between the gun track and the vhook

Last edited by julz on February 7th, 2018, 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
legend642, alphabeta001 liked this
Shiny! Builds like this inspire me no end.
legend642 wrote:Awesome! Incredible work!
Thank you kind sir, the work you are doing is putting me to shame!
bishopdonmiguel wrote:Shiny! Builds like this inspire me no end.
Thanks man :) If anything I have done inspires you.. that's awesome and humbling, so many great builders helped me on my way when I first joined here, it's such great community! good luck with your build!
Thank you, glad you like it! :blush:
Hey, Julz, question... so with those two batteries, do you have to remove your shell everytime you want to recharge them? Or do you have external kill switches for them that I just don't see...
Hey phill, the batteries are fantastic by the way, they last ages and are easy to open up and snip the power led.

I have a dpdt switch on my switch craft bracket that turns the amp and electronics access to them on. Since the batteries are always on I don't need to open it up to charge. Just 2 charging ports next to the dpdt switch. I just plug both in and they charge at the same time.
Hey, Julz! I'm assuming that you used an acrylic cylinder to mount your ceramic flash bulb socket to the wand tip... I've heard several mentions of a lathe, but I do not have access to one... Can I modify the acrylic cylinder with a standard dremel? Are there other possibilities for inserting/installing the socket into the acrylic wand tip tube?

Thanks, buddy! =D
pyhasanon wrote:Hey, Julz! I'm assuming that you used an acrylic cylinder to mount your ceramic flash bulb socket to the wand tip... I've heard several mentions of a lathe, but I do not have access to one... Can I modify the acrylic cylinder with a standard dremel? Are there other possibilities for inserting/installing the socket into the acrylic wand tip tube?

Thanks, buddy! =D
Hey Phil! you just need to buy a piece of solid acylic tube that's the same OD as the inside of your acrylic tip. Then you just cut 0.5 -1 centimetre of it as your mounting piece. I used a drill press to drill a nice hole in the middle so the socket could fit snugly inside. Then I drilled a small hole in the remaining plastic that surrounds the socket just large enough to feed the wires back through. Sanded the whole thing as it's a "matte finish and not see through" Then drilled a little hole through the side that goes all the way to the socket and threaded that with a tap.
The white socket is held in place by some hotglue which is put on before squishing it into place and then removing the excess with a craft knife when dried. It's also eventually held further in place by the screw through both acrylic tip and your socket acrylic.

You don't really need to use a dremel for it. Just a drill and some sand paper
Well, my question was if I can use a dremel for that kind of intricate work, as I do not have a lathe or drill press, nor access to one without spending the dough for it... I do have a drill, so I guess I can just try to be very careful with it... Burkit used a 7/8" OD acrylic rod, is that the same diameter that you used?
You don't need a lathe, it's not that hard. I would have a go with your drill, as I think the dremel would be a bit overkill.
A cheap drill press is a great investment btw, I've used it so many time now on my build. But I think you could get my with varying drill bits and a standard drill.
You will see when you get started if you need to you your dremel for clean up or not.

In regards to the OD, what ever Burkit said is probably bang on, Id need to check when I get home what od mine is.
I simply took my acrylic into the shop and tried to see what fit, and then went with that.
That's what sucks about where I live... closest thing is Walmart that's 25 mins away, everything else is over an hour away... Vinz can attest to that, he's lived here before, and that was even before they built the Walmart... having to go to a hardware shop from time to time is going to seriously delay my build, and will also kill me on gas money... I need a lot of pre-planning in order to avoid that, thus my insane amount of questions... LOL! =P

Thanks, Julz! Helpful as always!
Yes, but 20 mins from your house is still an hour or more from me... that's fine, bro, I'll just stick to careful planning... Your offer, however, is very much appreciated, thanks! ;)
You kids have had your fun playing around in my thread ;)

Nothing more to see here folks move along, move along

:wrongforum::wrongforum::wrongforum:
Cory GB Maine liked this
pyhasanon wrote:Yes, but 20 mins from your house is still an hour or more from me... that's fine, bro, I'll just stick to careful planning... Your offer, however, is very much appreciated, thanks! ;)
But 20 minutes for me is only a day in the snail mail for you :P Postage costs a lot less than gas these days. I'll be needing to make trips for car and pack projects, so I don't mind picking up extras for you and sending them your way.

Also probably different release dates. USA: […]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dolla[…]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last mil[…]

New details https://i.imgur.com/0cWzlPm.jpeg […]