Hey man ;) told you I was doing the same thing and nipping at your heels. Ahem if you look through my whole thread that question is answered for you :p tis a real weld. I got the welder to make me an ugly weld, he found it almost against his will to produce anything not beautiful and perfect but it turn out great!
More progresss my preciousss

Installed the inner nfilter mesh and riveted it to my shell... A huge part of me was was very nervous that it wouldn't turn out well but it worked an absolute treat! The rivets hold the nfilter so tightly, it's not going anywhere fast!

Then moved onto more cable installation.

I had originally installed threaded barbs into the injectors, but I noticed this makes the cables stick straight down and collide with the bumper more, I had a look at some good ref and noticed they just drilled tube size holes and shoved the tubing straight inside so I'm going to go this route. It allows the tubing to exit the injector on an angle to bend nicely around the bumper. I'll tackle that tonight :)
Last edited by julz on February 4th, 2018, 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sutton621, lannyjack liked this
Thanks for the compliment alphabeta :) I've been dragging this project on for over 4 years buying new things and new shells and now i'm forcing myself to commit to this years Halloween, so it's really exciting to see it come together finally!

Travis... :) it's a thin wire mesh which has been sort of well known for a while and sometimes people sell it in the for sales section. I found some at a hobby store. What's behind the filter is something Larz brought to my attention, it's some form of plastic, so It made sense to me that it would be clear tape sticking the mesh to the inside of the nfilter. The mesh is on the outer side. Check out Larz's thread for the detail explanation :cool:
Drilled larger holes into the injectors so I could feed the hoses inside. Very happy with the results. The cable bends out nicely round the bumper now.

Last edited by julz on February 5th, 2018, 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
alphabeta001 liked this
Thanks Larz :)

for the main black I ended up going for plastikote super satin black.

for my aluminium parts I used wattle killrust super etch black etching primer as a base, but then put a top coat of the super satin on the top. I also used a layer of plastikote black matt to tone the satin back a tad.

Lundo... to create the recess, I cut the cyclotron holes away and cut of strips of styrene that were about 4- 5mm deep which is how deep I wanted the lenses to sit from the surface. then I bent the styrene strips round inside the holes and tape them in place. This was my guide from the inside on how much fibreglass and resin to trim away using my dremel. I placed a red lens on the rear of the hole and traced around it to get an idea of the thickness of the recess I needed to cut then using my dremel I slowly ground away the excess fibreglass as evenly as I could until I reached my styrene guide sitting inside the lens hole.

The whole process Is a bit nerve racking but it turned out ok...Hope that explains it?
julz wrote:Thanks Larz :)

for the main black I ended up going for plastikote super satin black.

for my aluminium parts I used wattle killrust super etch black etching primer as a base, but then put a top coat of the super satin on the top. I also used a layer of plastikote black matt to tone the satin back a tad.

Lundo... to create the recess, I cut the cyclotron holes away and cut of strips of styrene that were about 4- 5mm deep which is how deep I wanted the lenses to sit from the surface. then I bent the styrene strips round inside the holes and tape them in place. This was my guide from the inside on how much fibreglass and resin to trim away using my dremel. I placed a red lens on the rear of the hole and traced around it to get an idea of the thickness of the recess I needed to cut then using my dremel I slowly ground away the excess fibreglass as evenly as I could until I reached my styrene guide sitting inside the lens hole.

The whole process Is a bit nerve racking but it turned out ok...Hope that explains it?
Ok so same way I just did mine. Yours looks professional while mine looked like a drunk who suffers from constant seizures dremeled them out (it worked fine at least).
julz liked this
Very nice work man!

Brings back fond, and not so fond, memories of my own dual pack builds.

I must say the paint on your packs turned out fantastic almost makes me want to repaint mine...
Thanks Eric! Pretty happy with how the paint work turned out me self!

Started on the interior tube mech for the acrylic tip extension.

I drilled 2 holes in the brass tube where it sits in the acrylic tube for the grub screws to screw into. The bottom hole I soldered in a steel flat nut and sanded it flush so the bottom thread of the brass tube will be hard to strip.
Then from the top and bottom a grub screw is screwed through the outer aluminium tube through the acrylic and into the brass tube holding it all together. I used some black cloth tape to make sure the brass tube was nice and snug.

The strobe led bulb then sits inside the aluminium sleeve. I cut out a recess in the brass tube so when I'm ready I can cloth tape the connection of the bulb to the brass tube. I drilled a hole where the brass tube is riveted to the hollow aluminium tube at the rear so the led bulb cable can be threaded out, twisted around the tube a few times and sent into the gun interior.

More updates soon....
Last edited by julz on February 5th, 2018, 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sutton621 liked this
Thanks Larz :)

I added some slotted screws for the side disks to add a bit more accuracy thanks to gex :) since I can't seem to find the bloody things in NZ! :walterpeck:

Also made some more progress on the wand tip mech. I really wanted to replicate the hero flash bulb in the tip, but I hate the idea of a one flash wonder where you keep having to replace the bulb after every flash. SOooo here is my take on that setup.

Basicly it involves buying a real flash bulb from ebay, cutting it open and removing all the magnesium and using it as a cover to and LED light. I found a Chandelier bulb that looked small enough to fit inside and ordered it along with the sockets. You have no idea how relieved I was to find that it was a perfect snug fit!

The process I followed to cut the flash bulb glass open was to use a glass cutter tool and carefully scoured the end. This removed the very light film of blue plastic. Then I used my dremel with a crystal head and slowly started etching into the rear of the bulb. You have to be prepared as I wasn't for the tube to pop open with the pressure being released. I almost dropped my dremel as the end exploded off and launched itself far away.

The next step was easy... cleaned the bump well in soapy water after giving the ends a nice sanding to remove the sharp bits.

Then made some progress on securing the wand tip to the inside spring, I drilled a hole in the front plate to allow the strobe bulb cable to come through.

Here are the links to the bulbs and the appropriate sockets...

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/234593116.html
http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/234593115.html
Last edited by julz on February 5th, 2018, 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
jackdoud, Sutton621, Carpeteria and 1 others liked this
Why thank you Ben :)

Here is a picture showing the strobe led and flash led bulb going at the same time...

Last edited by julz on February 5th, 2018, 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sutton621 liked this
Worked a little more into the wand tip. Trimmed the inside acrylic that hold the socket, tried to match it as best as I could to the Murrary thrower.

Also meant I had to take the plunge and drill holes into my real banjos :walterpeck:

Just have to figure out how to stuff the white and black wires through the red wire, It's not the loosest fit in the world :/
Last edited by julz on February 5th, 2018, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
jackdoud, Sutton621 liked this

Thanks for the comments guys :roland:
UPPPDAAATTTESSSS!!!!

So it seems like when you have a major deadline that where all the little details start giving you grief :walterpeck: Pulling the white and black cables through the red tube was a PAIN in the arse. The tubing is way too snug to just yank them through with ease then grab a coffee.

I ended up seeking advice from Burkit and I soldered a wire on to the 2 wires, threaded that through the red tube and then pulled them all through with a bit of grease. Then to make matters worse the white socket wire ran out just near the banjo, so I had to do a little sneaky extension soldering with new wires and hide that nonsense inside the gun ear.

I moved on to making a little shelf whozeedatsit for the rumble control. It gets secured to the thrower via the side disk screws.

I also finished up my acrylic tip extending mech. You can see the spring that holds the lever down is also fixed to the side disk screw.

Pretty happy with how it turned out :) The lever comes down and fits over the main spring tube so the catch on the interior rod is held very securely in place.. no chance of it popping when the pack is shaken.

Next up is creating a nice tunnel in the front grip for the shrink wrapped bundle of wires to sit in.
Last edited by julz on February 5th, 2018, 1:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
jackdoud, Sutton621 liked this
https://i.imgur.com/XsJF20G.mp4

bump with a small update... sneak peak of the mostly final product...

O000000ooooooo
Last edited by julz on February 5th, 2018, 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sutton621 liked this
Not only a wizard, but what a stud muffin...... ;-)
julz liked this
Stupendous
Spectacular
Stunning

I couldn't say it better...

Because of family and job events, I missed this forum and my wand build from very longtime. Now I found this thread and again I think this forum and all his contributors are great.

Julz, sincerely, you have my absolute admiration. This thread is the supreme summa of all our efforts and visions.
julz liked this
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]