By Michael Scott
I just got an aluminum thrower which will have a gbfans light kit. Do I need to 'insulate' the inside of the wand where the board will be mounted so that the light kit doesn't get ruined by touching the metal? If so, what's the best method?
By PssdffJay
Good question. I'm in the same situation so I'd be curious too. I don't remember who posted this but there was something about using plastidip (the dip not the spray) on the boards.
By D. Lazarus
I think the foam it's a good solution. I've also bought some plastic spacers with adhesive back: those things are specifically designed to mount circuits. I've found it on eBay, from a local electronic supplies store. Here's a pic of it: CLICK HERE!

In the image you can see three kind of spacers: the first from the bottom it's the one I've talked about, and it have a snap-on clip you can also open to remove the circuit if needed; the little cylinders are normal spacers with plastic screw in both ends; the square ones are designed to fix something (circuit or other pieces) with a zip-tie, and also have sticker on back.

Hope this can help someone. :)
By Ecto_1
Rustoleum makes a product called Leak Seal, just fit everything into the thrower first and then give the inside of the thrower a spray coat of it, it'll insulate everything from the metal. It comes in clear or black.
Sutton621 liked this
By AJ Quick
Double sided foam tape, Velcro, hotmelt glue are all good options.

The main thing to make sure is that there is no metal to metal contact. Make sure no pins from the board are touching any parts of the metal gun.

You can also safely mount the board using standoffs in the holes.
By julz
I had a lot of success with got glue and styrene.

If I was doing a gun and trying to put the electronics in there I would get some 1-2 mm thick styrene cut a box shape out of it to fit your circuit board and then hotglue your circuit board to that. Then hotclue the styrene to the gun. or do the same but velcro the styrene to the gun.
By JoeLuna33
I get the adhesive backed Velcro and cut it the size of the board. Then stick one side to the inside of the gun body and the other to the board. It makes it nice if you ever need to pull the board out for any reason.
quietontheset liked this
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]