By MGC
Not a build log, but an old-fashioned show-off thread. Nick has a pack that's based very very closely on Bill's GB1/2 pack, with the same weathering, chips, and details as the pack appeared in GB2. He's even got that cool looking thumbprint weathering on the gun box. Last week I went to his with some set dressing from a film I worked on and we shot a little 'workbench' scene - even got his hero trap in there somewhere. Under the right light this thing looks SO close to the screen used it's ridiculous!

Enjoy :)

Lewis Tully, Kingpin, AJ Quick and 10 others liked this
In my mind, if I think of what it would look like to see Egon Spengler troubleshooting one of the proton packs, this is what I would see.

Beautiful pack, beautiful setting, and awesome photography!

Thanks for sharing!
SPJ liked this
Holy f***.
By Krenzy
35FT_TWINKIE wrote:In my mind, if I think of what it would look like to see Egon Spengler troubleshooting one of the proton packs, this is what I would see.
This. I'd believe this any day. In my opinion it's right up there with PlaySkool's pack as far as detail, photographic delivery, and for making me believe this IS a film used pack. Bravo!
By MGC
Thanks for the comments guys. It's annoying that the trap barely made it into any of the shots... maybe next time. I wish I'd thought of doing this when he had his slime blower. The intention of these was to look like it was really taken on set, kind of a stills/continuity photo that people like us would drool over. Just think, there are prop/standbys out there who have the 'real' versions of these photos somewhere. The prop truck loaded with semi hero and hero packs, probably stunts, too...

Anyway, a couple from the 'outtake' folder. Nothing too different from the rest, but fun for completion's sake.

We're not really sure what the green device on the table does...

SPJ, Vee, Smeghead liked this
By MGC
Don't take the fun out of it :p Good find though!

Yes, it's MoD surplus, I got it from the propmaster of Spooks where they were used as door lock controls, I think. On the subject of props from other shows, I put a bunch of proton pack labels in the submarine on the first episode of Atlantis:

Squint at the rear bulkhead and you'll see the bumper and sync gen labels!
Vee, SPJ liked this
What a terrible pack. Doesn't even have the sticker on the n-filter. Send it to me and I'll take it to my local dump for you. I promise I won't keep it and cherish it for being awesome and an amazing build because it's totally not.
This Post Contains Spoilers
SPJ, nick-a-tron liked this
    Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]