Hello all,

As I am new to this community, I would like some help figuring out how I'm going to build a budget Proton Pack + Thrower before Halloween. Here's my goal:
  • At or under $100 CDN
  • Working Cylotron (flashing lights is all I need)
  • An Alice Frame (so new to these terms).
Any help I can get is greatly appreciated!
http://www.gbfans.com/wiki/Norm_Gagnon%27s_Prop_Plans

Id suggest looking here for budget pack ideas, you can always go foam core or cardboard as well

the Alice frame is a bit more tricky, but try looking at local surplus stores for something cheap?
Hmm, I'm liking those plans so far. Its a bit tough to read some of it, but I'm sure I can power through it. How easy is foam board to cut? Would I need a jigsaw? Or could I use a manual hand saw to cut away at it?

Either way I'm avoiding cardboard because I've never quite trusted it's density. I want something that will last and foamboard seems to be the right call.
foam board/foam core... you can cut with a craft knife...

His thread could be used as a guide, but it's useful to get ideas on what you could use.

For lights you could find cheap premade lights .. buy something cheap and gut it and stick it in your pack
E-bay will be the cheapest source for ALICE frames - you can easily get a real LC-2 frame and straps for under $40.00 if you keep an eye out. Reproduction frames (Rothco, Fox, etc.) are often more expensive than the real thing.

You might also take a look at this thread regarding the various ALICE frames:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... =2&t=10227
This is also an option. The Alice Frame is the most expensive part.

You can also make a nice pack out of pink housing insulation. Like this one -

I think total cost was around $200 but if you're crafty you can get more bang for your buck. All the info you need is in the Proton Pack section of the forum. Good luck!
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Apparently there are rumours of another announce[…]

Doug Keithley/sponge face/Ghostlab42 made a excell[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]